Calling Them Home

European discussion. Post events here too.
rommel

Re: Calling Them Home

Post by rommel »

Franz
i agree about the show being ripped here , its not fair on the show or the organisers who are trying to build it up , i think the real issue here is the ongoing falsehoods of KGK in relation to many of their claims in the recent past and it just happens it has now been shown unfortunately in conjunction with this show .
For a time now we have heard all the exagerrated claims of KGK and the massive displays at massive shows in ireland and while it all sounds so good it now would weem to have been little more than hogwash and many the time at the expense of other groups here who are actually doing the business and producing the goods .
Nothing wrong with promoting your group or show , like Tac aide said , its like a market and a product , but not at the expense of other groups who are in the same , and other shows .
This has been an ongoing thing now and its good the bubble finally burst and people see , especailly from over seas , who is who and what is what over here and stop listening to forum hogwash and propoganda .
I think there are enough you tube clips / photos of the real MAIN events in Ireland on this forum and in club galleries on this site for people to take an objective look now at the Irish scene and see where its at .
The next time people start on about "quality events and quality groups" , and "only working with quality groups " lets hope they can back it up with the goods , I seem to remember all amin groups in Ireland working together at Duncannon , Salute , Inistoigh , all but KGK .
It seems no one wants to play with them for some reason , I wonder if this is the reason none of the real axis groups would not support events such as the Curragh and Cavan shows as long as KGK were there ??????
This is the last word on this topic , point has been well proven and the truth has fianlly been seen by all .
I would now ask all members of BGS to stop posting on this thread .
Let the forum members decide for themselves , and weigh up all the evidence and hopefully people will see where alot of the problems of the past that came our way originated from and how things can and were twisted against BGS

Rommel

Rommel
ROMMEL
Komp.Kmdr Kampfgruppe Sud

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands largest German military vehicle and re-enactment group

Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

Franz R
OK GENTS LETS NOT START RIPPING GROUPS A PART
It is not good and will turn it to a shit throwing contest
Shows start out small and grow with our help , I know how hard it is to organise an event and how much of a kick in the Balls when people start ripping it apart !!!!!
I think Franz's second line spells out the future potential for any "development" or invited replies.
As a member of KGK I certainly don't feel vunerable or naked as one who has been "exposed" and having seen over the past few months (for the first time , at first hand) the negative nature of these exchanges I have to ask is anyone really interested - it amounts to self harm all round.
Being critical is easy and making assumptions is a game which everyone can play , but what does it actually achieve and is it worth it ?

Any post we make says something about poster - its a fingerprint and it reflects on the individual no matter what message they are trying to impart - something for us all to think about .

"Rommel" has asked / instructed that no BGS members post in this thread , I would suggest that no one from KGK get involved in what Franz R. rightly describes will only evolve into a shit throwing contest - it will resolve nothing and it will serve no purpose.

Post photos and describe the event but leave it at that.
rommel

Post by rommel »

Agree with you Tyschen . We should now leave at that .
Rommel
ROMMEL

TacAide

Post by TacAide »

Tychsen wrote:..Post photos and describe the event but leave it at that.
This is very good advice and a deal of unpleasentness will be avoided if those charged with reporting on events combine active descriptions ('talk the talk') with the best activity photos they can produce of action on the field of battle or of the display, as appropriate. How their group 'walked the walk', so to speak.

This is my last comment on the matter.
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

TacAide
This is very good advice and a deal of unpleasentness will be avoided if those charged with reporting on events combine active descriptions ('talk the talk') with the best activity photos they can produce of action on the field of battle or of the display, as appropriate. How their group 'walked the walk', so to speak.
"Talking the talk" and "walking the walk" - it comes in all sorts and sizes - I can see several people in the KGK photos who I know very well - I am fully aware of their communication skills and I have no doubt that the public attending would be both informed and entertained.
One has to consider logistics and time factors - I went to Salute rather than to Kinsale simply because I had to balance real life and a hobby interest - it simply does not work out all the time and like it or not hobbies and interests have to be bend around what is realistic and practical.
(I am sure Rommel will agree with me on this as he could only be there for part of the Salute show - this is a simple fact of life).
A small number of people can only reasonably bring so much with them and as anyone who has ever packed a car for a show will understand - space is not a limitless commodity.

From what I understand the nature of the two shows were quite different so what was done was not always the same - whilst it would be unreasonable of me to be critical of the BGS battle scene ( and I stress I do not seek to so nor is it the object of this post) a battle was not an element of the Kinsale show so MacTaide comments re. "on the field of battle" are not strictly relevant.

I did ask some of the BGS folks about their gear to be specific a Scherenfernrohre which the owner was glad to show to me and I thank him now publically for his time.
Showing members of the public items of equipment or kit discussing them and imparting meaningful information at varying levels of complexity (bearing in mind the knowledge base of the person asking) is pretty much what a lot of time was spent doing by both the groups at Salute and I dare say the small representative contingent from KGK at Kinsale.

This post is not an arguement nor is it an overture or a precursor to one it is merely an observation made on what I have seen at various shows both North and South in the past year.
Like it or not "walking the walk" or "talking the talk" is about how people interface with the public and its "Joe Public" that counts - not how we percieve each other as groups.
rommel

Post by rommel »

Tyschen
your post is to the point but this whole thread developed from one group making out to be at an event that was not what it said on the tin so to speak . i spoke to two friends of mine who wnet ot hte show and looked at the kgk "display2 and asked about joining a group , Need less to say BGS were beratted and all sorts of slanderous comments made re our group , i know because the two members of the public were able to tell me what was said . Bad form again
I was at Salute both days in fact and yet again we missed each other . Dont know how you could find anything wrong with the battle enactmetn , the public enjoyed it and this was teestament to the ammount of time we were trying to get off the field with public queing up for photos etc . The battle was for the public and enacted for their benefit and made entertaining , this is how we d it for the public and when ye at KGK get to do your first big battle reenactment in a large public arena you will learn this . until then i dont think your in a position to detract or knock our productuion. Its one thing your fellow members slandering our club and us at another show to the public but really thats why things are as tehy are with KGK and the rest of the country
Rommel
ROMMEL

Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

Rommel , you misunderstand me - no criticism was made nor intented in respect of the BGS battlescene , I fail to see how you percieve that I am knocking your battle scene or product ?
( I have gone out of my way to make this absolutely clear , on what grounds do you reach this conclusion ? ).
If anything an objective and reasonable parallel has been drawn based on the commonalty of dealing with the public irrespective of any group or individual id.
To be honest I would rather say what was done well rather than produce negatives - it begets a road we have all been down before and one which Franz R. as well as all the moderators of this board have asked that we avoid.
As far as doing a battle goes - I don't really think "it is really me" IMO.
I was only at "Salute" on the Saturday , I left at about 5.15 approx. - going there for two days - a luxury in terms of time which I simply did not have.

Regarding any alledged slanderous comments passed on BGS - who said what to whom ?
( Please send me details by pm along with the identity of all the persons involved.)
( Context , circumstances , dialogue from both parties may well have a bearing on any alledged slight or injury.)
I must admit I did not seek you out and I am not aware of having been in the same venue as you on any previous occasion , it would seem that Rommel you are aware of a previous proximity of which I am not.
The thought never crossed my mind - I went there for a few hours in the company of my son whom I don't get to see nearly enough off beyond that I had no agenda of meeting anyone.
As a matter of interest what would you have said to me ? :?: :wink:
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

OK Gents here iis my Final say on this all shows start out small and slowly grow war and peace did not start out the size it is now did it . And fighting over who and what will not help any one I know I have been there so for this reason I am locking the Topic
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “European reenactment and events”