St. Petersburg 2008

European discussion. Post events here too.
Franz repper

Re: St. Petersburg 2008

Post by Franz repper »

well they made it Tampere airport last night I at last could meet some ot the people
ImageImageImageImageImage
dink

Post by dink »

Cool 8) lucky buggas, ah well soon be back again :lol:
Lucia

Post by Lucia »

OMG words cannot begin to explain the past few days!!!

Had an awsome time,.... was great to meet you FR at the airport, ......the whole time went without a glitch, great company, great place!!
Russia is a amazing, the people are amazing, the battle was OUT OF THIS WORLD!! big big bada booms!!!!! thanks to all the russian re-enactors who looked after me, BIG thanks to bobski (Pirrka)
Thanks to all the UK german re-enactors......sorry about the noise and dancing on the coach - had a great time with all of you!!!!!!
Cant wait to see all the gang at stoneleigh - and share some of these pictures.........

Again, it was fantatstic - put this one in you diaries for next year!!!!

Helga xxx

PS.

Maximus, Maximus, Maximus
hanser

Post by hanser »

well i don`t know where to start explaining this trip? the uk re-enactors were brilliant, especially Louise who was the teacher looking after all us naughty boys!!! :roll: the battle was something else, 120 russians charging at you and theres no stopping them. we got hit kicked punched oh and sat on but it was all part of the show. the crowd were out of this world, i actually had a Russian couple hand me their baby and took a picture of me and this confused child! :shock: i could go on and on but do yourselves a favour get there next year i know i will be.
many thanks to Neil and Bobski.

Maximus, Maximus MAXIMUS.

Dave (buns of steel)
andy85th

Post by andy85th »

Nice to see Franz at the airport,the three gamsbock enjoyed the battle,sexy girls,vodka,beer,sexy girls :wink: ,and great comrades.

Maximus..Maximus..Maximus..... :lol:
dink

Post by dink »

Sounds so far like you had a good run, and good to hear you all got back :lol: ... well I'm assuming you did :lol: , someone give us a full rundown :D am sure I'll hear about it at the weekend but until then, make us all jealous we weren't there, can't wait to see the piccies 8)
Richk98

Post by Richk98 »

still on a massive high after the trip of a lifetime!!!!
it was fantastic from start to finish!
the battle was awesome, the noise , the smoke, the snow, bloody mental :D :D :D
someones already put a little clip on youtube....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LePtwmPr7Jw

thanks to everyone, those i've met before and also those i've met for the first time!!!

Maximus......Maximus.....Maximus....... :wink:

regards,
richie
Rich
andy85th

Post by andy85th »

How is the black eye Neil. A big thank to Bobski.

Maximus..Maximus....Maximus
hanser

Post by hanser »

Always nice to see a fallschirmjager thrown in the photos!!! :lol:
sportman and the gimp should be safely back by now so we`ll all meet for vodka at stoneleigh. only thing left to say is.....

MAXIMUS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
grenmartens

Post by grenmartens »

Was it is good for you.......... :?:

My second year at this awesome event and even better than last time! Big thanks to Bair and Bobski, hello everyone who was there, thanks for the great company and ..............Maximus, MAXimus, MAXIMUS, MAXIMUS - (unfortunately, the Close Combat Award cannot be granted to Maximus as his valient, and virile, exploits were not witnessed :wink: - still the stuff of legends :lol: :lol: :lol: ).

See ya soon.

The Sportman
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

well so far im in the u tube vid on the side loading me rifle

what an event
imn the time i have been doing this
it has to be one of the best experiences of my life

thanks to blair and alex especially alex during my "interview " at the bus
on our way out of the battle
he diffused what could have been an international incident hehehehe

got over 200 pics to be seen
in time all will be published
none of the battle as we did not have time for that
too much fighting off the hords
the most memorable was being handed the carnation
from an obviouse lady vet
the crowds loved us even in the uniform we had on ..shame it dont happen here
but thats another matter .
remember they actually went throught it from hundreds of feet away
we where all called "my children" by an aged fella whos dad was killed in hand to hand combat during the war by the finns
and there was no animosity ....only regret.

pyro well i have a great pic of some after effect to show all
when i download it
if it where here im sure some would have heart attacks... :lol: :lol:
more to come as im knackered now and gonna have me food
Attachments
russian trip 2008 159.jpg
russian trip 2008 159.jpg (64.12 KiB) Viewed 5336 times
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

It was nice to meet you good people at long last I will see you there Next year
ImageImageImageImageImage
paul das reich

Post by paul das reich »

hi all,i ve just got out of my bed,i got back home at 8am this morning,on a mega downer!!!
that was a fantastic experience and for all our laughing and joking please lets not forget what hell those men went through on BOTH sides,absolute hell,we just played at it for the day,some of theose guys went through that for upto four years.
the place,fantastic place and despite the political mood between our respective governments the russians themselves actualy like the brits very much.so much atmosphere in the city,i urge anyone who is thinking of going there in the future to GO.
good on biar the travel organiser,he's a top bloke,also many thanks to sasha and alex and bairs old man for the battlefield grub and coffee, good on bobski on his well deserved award from the russian local governer,also if it was not for bob,non of us would have been there.

many thanks to the representitives of the gebirgs/falshies/GD and Das reich,i regard you all as my family. we all gelled well and NO GERMANS where late on the bus lol.

the battle,well, take every uk event and then times them by ten and your still no where near,no direspects to the battle organisers in the uk who do a fantastic job but whether it was the place and setting or the lack of health n safety that made it awesome,the pyro,we saw chods of frozen earth go upto 150 ft in the air and the chods where the size of footballs!
the trench network was abouts 2 to 3 hundred metres long and when the ruskies came over from front and back of us anything went on in some very very close combat,theres numerous cuts n bruises to prove it, all this going on whilst being smoke grenaded to hell lol,you did nt know who was friend or foe,only joking bout the CCC steve,poor sods that earned it for real!!!

anyway im so knackered,am off to bed again soon,just seeing whos been on.

to everyone thank you.

by the way its paul now we are back in the uk :wink: :wink: :wink:
Pirkka

Post by Pirkka »

Just a brief word to say thank you to the Axis reenacters who turned out for Operation Spark '08. We put on a good show and flew the flag for English professionalism and good humour.
Special thanks to Neil for the organisation of the Axis party, Tim and Bee for good company over Russian sushi, Louise for being a much-needed counterweight and an excellent Soviet Soldier (!), Maximus and Kev the midnight gardener for giving us all a laugh, Alex (Sasha), Slava, Leo and Timofei for translating and above all, to Bair for all the work he did over the weekend, especially getting us to the airport on time!
If I've missed andbody, sorry, you were great as well, and a special mention to Les Hearn for laying flowers with me at the 5-Kopeck Bridgehead memorial on behalf of the UK reenactment community. That for me was probably my most meaningful moment in my reenacting career.
Richk98

Post by Richk98 »

couple of links here...........
first one is some pro standard photos
and the second is a russian tv report. special appearance by bobski(pirkka)

http://englishrussia.com/?p=1747#more-1747

http://news.ntv.ru/spb/125264/

regards,
richie
Rich

Return to “European reenactment and events”