NEW EASTERN FRONT EVENT

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
supermario

Re: NEW EASTERN FRONT EVENT

Post by supermario »

I would just like to say, on behalf of myself and Dave G, a big thank you to all the German forces who attended the event. It was great to see such a dedicated turnout, and each of you did your respective units/groups proud by entering into the spirit of the event. Ok, so we didn't have snow, and we didn't have a huge Alpini contingent to lead the way, but all of you were exceptional. Special mention goes to Colin Dewey, who filled in the role of Alpini commander in chief at short notice, and did a fantastic job, To all the Kampfgruppe leaders who led their respective troops admirably (Dave Letchworth from GD Recon and the two lads who were thrown into the deep end by their groups... Top marks). I've also got to say a big thanks to Steve L, Mark T and Rob B for representing the Italian forces so well, and for putting up with some bizarre orders from me. Yes, i know the minefield was confusing, but what do you do in those situations? You're in a minefield, and come under heavy Soviet fire. Whats your choices?

.... Walking behind the mound and seeing a mass of feld-grau great-coated truppen, huddled up against the cold was an awe inspiring sight. The great coat is the new tarnjacke!!

And as it has already been mentioned, i was impressed with the professional attitude of all of you. Not one bickering passed my ears. No complaints about another group/reenactor came to our ears. Bravo. A credit to reenactment. Let us hope this continues throughout the year.

and a special mention to our heroic Soviet opponents, who without, would've been a very different event. Well done to Ray and the lads from the Second Guards/hampshires/partizans, who gave all of us a run for our money. I still hear that DP28 now as well as the 'URRAH!' of every charge. Classic and thrilling stuff to watch.

And of course, to Dave Grover from TFH, who makes a great Landser but more importantly got this event off the ground and gave it the legs to fruition. BIG THANKYOU Dave, but you'll have to do Alpini next time........ :wink:

Neil (Organiser - Mediterraneo)

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

DAVE LETCHWORTH!!!! SO that's where the Sid James laugh kept coming from!!!!! :lol: :lol:
It's Dave Lapworth mate....

And for the third time - Bloody well done! TO ALL! No pissy back slapping - it was just the best start to 2009 I could ever have hoped for. A portent of things to come one hopes.
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Stigroadie wrote: Image
Ooooh, did oo hurt oos pandy?
:lol:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

MMmmmm Me dotty pooyee im me pinga - Me dutty yock yock pippy!!!!! :cry:
supermario

Post by supermario »

Dave Lapworth. Ah, that'll be Dave G's deeper Suffolk twang i mis-head. Apologies Dave L.

Anyway, a few snaps taken by me. No where near as atmospheric as some posted earlier though. Tweaked them to give it that 'Agfa' feel tho...

Me and Dave G.

Steve L on the Bren (We used it as it is the closest equivelent to a Breda 30 which are sadly not available)

Small group of Italian Alpini.

Large group of German Heer.

Neil

DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

thats the worst bit of bandaging i have seen for ages,
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

manager to real german hairdresser

http://www.motorcyclemedics.page.tl
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

You should have seen the knot some bumbleheaded git tied to keep it in place!!!
DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

oooh. the things you get up to without a good medic about :lol:
i will have to do some field training for you all someday :idea:
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

manager to real german hairdresser

http://www.motorcyclemedics.page.tl
Balck

Post by Balck »

Hoffman Grink wrote:DAVE LETCHWORTH!!!! SO that's where the Sid James laugh kept coming from!!!!! :lol: :lol:
It's Dave Lapworth mate....

And for the third time - Bloody well done! TO ALL! No pissy back slapping - it was just the best start to 2009 I could ever have hoped for. A portent of things to come one hopes.

Thanks Paul,
From Dave Letchworth :D

Really good w/end guys Very,Very,Very, impressed with the level of fair play on all sides, it certainly makes the w/end more enjoyable, when we all stick to the rules and play the game.

Hats off to the TFH guys who organised the w/end, well done.

Also nice to bump in to a few old friends and catch up, will probably see some of you at Stoneleigh.

Cheers Dave LAPWORTH
FMROMMEL

Post by FMROMMEL »

Guys
have to put my hands together and give you a big clap, all that grey uniform was just fansatic to see, Paul your looking well, again to all involved WELLDONE
http://www.forceschildrenstrust.org
The Forces Children’s Trust is helping dependent children that have lost a parent whilst serving with UK Armed Forces.
G43

Post by G43 »

Message from Colin (Overall Axis commander)

Thanks to everyone who attended the battle and worked together so well,well done to all the unit commanders for their leadership and taking the objectives and following the scripts,making the weekend so successful and enjoyable

Think the pictures and rave reviews speak for themselves,nice to talk to Paul Dalby,Manny and Dave Lapworth

Congrats to Ray and his Red army men for being such worthy opponents

Thanks guys
kgzohl

Post by kgzohl »

Have uploaded a film on youtube named breakout1 and breakout2, its in 2 parts coz it was too long to fit. hope you enjoy it.
kgzohl

Post by kgzohl »

Part 2
Milische

Post by Milische »

Hav'nt you got anything else better to do with your time :lol:
Looks great and no doubt if took alot of work on the editing front.
Excellent Sean

Return to “UK reenactment and events”