Stonleigh, dressing up?

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Klara1889

Stonleigh, dressing up?

Post by Klara1889 »

Thinking of going to Stoneleigh, first time. Can anyone tell me if its a dressing up event like Beltring or do most people go in normal clothing?
Karin
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

erm......................... well................. two schools of thought.
There are groups displaying so you will see pepople in uniform.
Ther are certain traders who wear loose items of kit (I'll be in padded parka and trou along with lowboots and repro socks)
Then there are respected re-encaors who come in kit for whatever reason...

Then there are...... how can I put this delicately ...... people who come dressed up and wander round......

I think the majority will be in civvies well known and not so well known..... Best one I ever saw was an old geezer with whote hare, bushy beard, Harry Hill Specs, a long black oilskin type mac and a pilot's bone dome on....... Oh then there was the fat sod with a pickelhaube on one year....... :oops:

Bottom line Karin is - Come however you fell comfortable..... sod the rest!
Klara1889

Post by Klara1889 »

Thanks for the info. ss parker and cowboy boots it is then :P
Karin
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

WOW! Stop by Richard's! I'm sure we erm He will be pleased to see you Oh and bring the obligatory SBG boyfriend/hubby (delete as appropriate) too!!!! :wink:
tutburytim

Post by tutburytim »

Hope you pair can fit me out with a nice 43 mutze then and hopefully ankle boots. I'll be wearing my flectarn thong and pit boots.
Klara1889

Post by Klara1889 »

tutburytim wrote:Hope you pair can fit me out with a nice 43 mutze then and hopefully ankle boots. I'll be wearing my flectarn thong and pit boots.
That rings a bell...didnt I spot you at Beltring last year :P
Hauptgefreiter_Muller

Post by Hauptgefreiter_Muller »

I wore my uniform to all the fairs the first year I started re-enacting and I got such a positive vibe off everyone I met. Stall-holders recognised the uniform as Lufty and were offering me stuff they had tucked away out of sight and, once learning what unit I belonged to would say stuff like "Yeah, I deal a lot with such-and-such from your group. Tell you what, I'll knock a tenner off, whattya say?"

Other re-enactors will stop and say hello or just tip you a friendly wink. Everyone knew me by the end of my first year!

Do it, wear your uniform!
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

Hauptgefreiter_Muller wrote:I wore my uniform to all the fairs the first year I started re-enacting and I got such a positive vibe off everyone I met. Stall-holders recognised the uniform as Lufty and were offering me stuff they had tucked away out of sight and, once learning what unit I belonged to would say stuff like "Yeah, I deal a lot with such-and-such from your group. Tell you what, I'll knock a tenner off, whattya say?"

Other re-enactors will stop and say hello or just tip you a friendly wink. Everyone knew me by the end of my first year!

Although if your already known then you dont need too :wink:
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

Hauptgefreiter_Muller wrote: once learning what unit I belonged to would say stuff like "Yeah, I deal a lot with such-and-such from your group. Tell you what, I'll knock a tenner off,

dealers would do the oposite with me and tell me to futt off and reenactors would hide under the tables.

everyone knew me before the weekend was out :cry:
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Hauptgefreiter_Muller

Post by Hauptgefreiter_Muller »

les hearn wrote: everyone knew me before the weekend was out :cry:
Yeah, I've already been warned about your farts, Les :wink:
Alex
Herr Wissenschaftler

Post by Alex »

dress in summer uniform and feel the pain :)

Return to “UK reenactment and events”