Food at Events

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Hoffman Grink

Food at Events

Post by Hoffman Grink »

One of our members has taken quite an interest in rations. he came up with this
Friday evening meal: Tin of meat stew 400g plus a small tin of veg (150-200g) each for the pot. Need to agree type of meat stew (something germanic from the london deli?)

Sat breakfast: Biscuit/french toast (waitrose has van der meulen french toast in 2x110g packs or tesco melba toast in 250g box of 6(?) individual packs of about 40g each) plus spread of YOUR choice from YOUR fat dish. Instant coffe from an evelope (as per stigs repos) double cream from a tin (170g tins unribbed by nestle- one tine between 2 men)

Sat Snacks- fruit bar such as Jordans in a frucht-stange wrapper from the viking site, dried fruit, nuts, shok ka cola.

Sat lunch: Biscuit/french toast with a tin of preserved meat e.g. waitrose own brand sardines come in 30's looking box or tesco tinned chicken or turkey in c150g none ribbed tins

Sat evening meal: similar to friday with the addition of one 700g loaf (or 500g pack of volkornbrot) per man the remainder of which is used for breakfast with spreads.
And we think it is a good workable menu. You are welcome to use it for your men. We intend to fill our ration bags and various messtins etc. and carry it with us. We will also put some odd "scrounged tins" of german fare in the bins of the vehicel with the cook pot and tripod. In the evening we aim to withdraw to a rear area and cook one communal meal.

I have been speaking with Kratz and as usual the generous fool that he is.... suggested that if a dedicated cook unit could be put together he is willing to bring HG's goulashkanone along. This would take a little organising beforehand but if all units put in a set amount to cover costs, a big stew could be made..... ladled into essenbehalters and taken out to units int he field. A sack full of bread (baps or rolls) would be issued too and a hot meal would go a long way to staving of cold and misery...... and authenticiy would me maintained.

But that is a little off topic.
paulmfjr2

Post by paulmfjr2 »

Ferkin brill - count fjr2 in for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

You're anywhere for a free nosh tall lad!!!! :lol:

If you want to use the menu - I will be posting specific items and quantities (per man) along with where to buy and what substitutes..... When we get ours finalised....
LAH650

Post by LAH650 »

mmmmmmmmmmm

Think I will look to be taken prisoner at about 18.00hrs... :wink:

Just need my mess tin and some cigs for my captures and I should be ok :D

or

We could do a Skorzeny (we have our blue scarves) as a group and just walk over.....

mmmmmmmmmmm

Who's idea was it to do US AB...... :shock:
Botty

Post by Botty »

Do I get royalties?
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I think you should!

Wait until we actually tip up with standard rations..... Now THAT will be something!

Return to “UK reenactment and events”