Private battle/training weekend at Ancaster near Grantham

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
352nd

Post by 352nd »

Ok, will be departing for the site shortly, will see you all that are going on site either later today or tomorrow morning.

Cheers
Martin
Stabsgefreiter Martin Hetch-2nd Panzer Aufklärungs Abteilung, Grossdeutschland.

352nd

Post by 352nd »

This was a brilliant event and went really well and has to be one of the best events that i have been to. I'd like to thank the following

Chris for orginising it and Mike and all the other marshals for doing a great job and John Oxlade for weapons hire and Nick Halling for coming and taking some cracking photos. I'd like to thank the following groups for attending. KP1, SBG, FJR9, FJR14, Rangers Re-enactment, LMPS, AIM, VERA and the World War Two Experience.

Was a great event and i had a great time. Cheers to all that attended.
Martin

Jack

Post by Jack »

352nd wrote:This was a brilliant event and went really well and has to be one of the best events that i have been to. I'd like to thank the following

Chris for orginising it and Mike and all the other marshals for doing a great job and John Oxlade for weapons hire and Nick Halling for coming and taking some cracking photos. I'd like to thank the following groups for attending. KP1, SBG, FJR9, FJR14, Rangers Re-enactment, LMPS, AIM, VERA and the World War Two Experience.

Was a great event and i had a great time. Cheers to all that attended.
Martin
Hi Martin nice to meet you mate we had a good laugh what ever :lol:

knickers :shock: :wink:
GRAUWULF

Post by GRAUWULF »

Well - what can I say - thanks to ALL of you who came and supported this first time event. I,ve never met a friendlier,more professional bunch of guys from ALL units - it was great to put some faces to names. It was YOUR weekend and you all made it work so fantastically. The night battle withe the 30 and 42 going against an eerily lit parachute flared wood absolutely awesome!!! No one was hurt - everything went smooth (I think!) and above all everyone that I know of had a great time. I have too many of you to thank personally but THANKS to ALL of you I know a lot of you came from quite far to support it. Thanks to the DS staff who were all volunteers and gave up their weekend as Ben said to watch us nutters!!!Thanks to John Oxlade and Steve for his once again excellent weapons and thanks to Stu and Steve the scouting wardens who let us hire the land and were so impressed by our professionalism and how we looked after the site have said we are welcome back at anytime!!! Hats off to you guys - you made that happen!!! Nick Halling will have photos on his site by friday I'll post some when I have some - please if ya got em stick em on here. It was a pleasure working with you all!!!!
Til the next one take it easy all
Chris
Cpl "Fritz" Hodgson
Axis 44
12 SS Hitlerjugend
(yes Ive finally gone over to the darkside!!)
Heute wir sind Roten, Morgen wir sind toten!!!
Jock

Post by Jock »

Minty Muller sums the weekend up very well http://www.wwiireenacting.co.uk/forum/v ... 5&start=96
I would just like to say a really big thank you to all involved with the event - YOU are what made it so good!

Chris...aka "Fritz" - BIG well done buddy - this was as good an event as any i've been too mate - it was your first go at organising one, and inevitably "hastily" put together, but there was no sign of any mistakes anywhere, from our point of view, it was just a well organised and flowing "fun" event...Well Done!!!

The DS Staff were great - firm but fair...everyone respected them and their decisions, and this really added to the overall success of the event...the fact that they were volunteer's who did this for us, just so that we could have a good time was really appreciated guys - Thank's!

It was lovely to be able to work so well, with all the other groups too...

The allies worked really well together again - both British and American - there was none of the old "don't tell me what to do" or "were gonna go do this instead" type of behaviour that we've all seen at events before, instead, everyone just got on with the scripted plan to start with, followed by the inevitable improvisation as the battle progressed, with all troops following the instructions of NCO's in the field, irrespective of unit, without question - in order to get the job done!

There were some top quality allied groups involved, many of whom now train together, or at least to the same high standards - and this really showed through too - WELL DONE GUYS!!!

Likewise, our Axis "foe" were equally impressive - well disciplained, proffessional and totally co-ordinated, they worked as a single determined unit - they were SO hard to get through, that we (the allies) had to resort to "suicidal" attacks just to try to break the stail-mate on occasions - GREAT WORK FELLA'S!!! (Oh, and the "High Ranking German Officer" was a true gent - it was good to work with you sir!)

Having said all that - the best part of the whole event for me was the night firing exercise, with the two opposing forces facing each other through the big open tree's in complete darkness, and firing what seemed like literally thousends of rounds at each other (i got through 180 rounds in about 3min's with my "liberated" Sten - fantastic!!! )

At one point, as i had to change a magazine - i rolled onto my back, and looked up at the previously star-filled sky, the parachute flares were lighting us up with an eary glow for a few second's...and all i could see around me were countless muzzle flashes coming out of the darkness from everywhere, through a genuinely thick fog of smoke, with the heavy smell of cordite hanging in the air for ages afterwards...IT WAS AWSOME!!!

I'm looking forward to next years event already Chris...so you'd best get planning now Ranger!!!

See you all again soon...and once more - WELL DONE ALL!!!

Regards - Minty.

By the way 352nd. Soiled?? :shock:

Jock.

http://www.kompanie1.co.uk
I/II-AA Das Reich

ML.... I'll give it a try.
Jack

Post by Jack »

[/quote]

Jock.

http://www.kompanie1.co.uk[/quote]

Knickers :shock: .com as seen on TV at 3am and recommended by a high court judge :lol: :lol:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Well reports coming through on this one are superb.
Have to say well done to the guys who for first time organisers put many seasoned organisers to shame.

I got approached and did me bit but kept WELL hands off so as nto to swamp anyone's ideas and flair due to there being a massive need to get new blood into doing this. Seems it worked. I might have come acorss as a bit rude in as much as I didn't respond to invites to come down and get involved - Now the guys know why!!!!!

Next one you organise - I doubt you will need it but again My help and earhole is available for feedback or whatever - seems to me you took al the stuff you got and mixed it up to your own recipe which came out a winner!

Glad people enjoyed themselves - Happy it was of value to folks and please as punch to hear people worked together -

You will be hearing from me when I need a venue in a few months!!! :wink: Spot on boys! WELL DONE!
352nd

Post by 352nd »

Jack wrote:

Jock.

http://www.kompanie1.co.uk[/quote]

Knickers :shock: .com as seen on TV at 3am and recommended by a high court judge :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Damnit Jack you bet me to it.

Watchdog

Ancaster Weekend

Post by Watchdog »

Well done to Chris,considering it wasn't that long ago the idea was discussed over a pint! :D From a DS point of view I thought it went pretty well particulary the Night 'Fire Fight' with para illuminators. Excellent fire control/discipline, with every one listening to DS instructions,well done to all.
It was great to put faces to names, and I look forward to the next one
GRAUWULF

Post by GRAUWULF »

Hoffman Grink wrote:Well reports coming through on this one are superb.
Have to say well done to the guys who for first time organisers put many seasoned organisers to shame.

I got approached and did me bit but kept WELL hands off so as nto to swamp anyone's ideas and flair due to there being a massive need to get new blood into doing this. Seems it worked. I might have come acorss as a bit rude in as much as I didn't respond to invites to come down and get involved - Now the guys know why!!!!!

Next one you organise - I doubt you will need it but again My help and earhole is available for feedback or whatever - seems to me you took al the stuff you got and mixed it up to your own recipe which came out a winner!

Glad people enjoyed themselves - Happy it was of value to folks and please as punch to hear people worked together -

You will be hearing from me when I need a venue in a few months!!! :wink: Spot on boys! WELL DONE!
Paul just a quick one thanks for the help in getting me started mate and dotting the i's and crossing the tees!!It was superb everyone had a great time and we,ve managed to get the organisers reassured that we do this professionally and we are welcome back!!
Thanks to ALL the lads who came it was a real pleasure to see old friends and make new ones. THANKS GUYS!!!!!
Cpl "Fritz" Hodgson
Axis 44
12 SS Hitlerjugend
352nd

Post by 352nd »

Pics are now up on http://www.nickhalling.co.uk

They are under events and the title is Winter of 44. For some reason they don't seem to work in firefox.

GRAUWULF

Post by GRAUWULF »

Some absolutely stunning pics guys - well done all (like the US massacre one!!)
Cpl "Fritz" Hodgson
Axis 44
12 SS Hitlerjugend
352nd

Post by 352nd »

I love the one of the ranger massicure, especially your face Chris as Minty just fell over you. :lol: :lol:

GRAUWULF

Post by GRAUWULF »

That was a genuine death agony face!!! (as well as minty's weapon hitting me on the back of the head!!! And I DO mean his smg!!!) :shock:
Cpl "Fritz" Hodgson
Axis 44
12 SS Hitlerjugend

Return to “UK reenactment and events”