Pippingford Park Tactical 2012 ....21st/22nd APRIL

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
jlmod

Re: Pippingford Park Tactical 2012 ....21st/22nd APRIL

Post by jlmod »

I'm new to this along with two friends and would be very interested in attending. (Panzer Grenadiers)Already PM'd you Pete.
Like to meet likeminded people and the experience of such an event. Oh and we certainly enjoy the foxholes, cold, wet and anything else that comes our way. Not experienced re-enactors but I'm sure you guys would welcome us - hopefully? :)
cheers
John
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

"we certainly enjoy the foxholes, cold, wet and anything else that comes our way"....That statemkent alone means your already ahead of the game mate.
In have PM'd you as well.
Jon Oxlade is sec5 weaps ...so contact him ....
Pete
jlmod

Post by jlmod »

Pete Skillman wrote:"we certainly enjoy the foxholes, cold, wet and anything else that comes our way"....That statemkent alone means your already ahead of the game mate.
In have PM'd you as well.
Jon Oxlade is sec5 weaps ...so contact him ....
Pete
Thanks Pete, appreciate that. I've replied to your PM and e-mailed you.
Cheers
John
Botty

Post by Botty »

Due to changed personal situation (wife moves back from working abroad at end of Feb.) I can make this now if there is still a need for my Propagandakompanie presence.

What do people need to do for booking in etc. ?
Last edited by Botty on Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a pessimist and never be disappointed.
Pskillman

Post by Pskillman »

After Crimbo Ill send out disclaimers to people, I think there is a need to capture what we do on film because one of these days..... its all gonna be over. :?
Gilhusen

Post by Gilhusen »

Sleeping on foxs holes? nice, will be sure to come 8)
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Gilhusen wrote:Sleeping on foxs holes? nice, will be sure to come 8)
well mate IN fox holes would be better?.....Private tacticals are not for everyone, thats for sure....you get out.. what you put in...
I have invited SBG via Glen but had no interest,,,,, so there you go. :?
Some like to do shows only,Standing about their Zelts/Pups and paste board tables looking the dogs bollocks in the latest Gucci axis/allied kit, some others.... only like Private tacticals with no public about looking the dogs bollocks in the latest Allied/Axis Gucci kit and getting it fucked up... and some like a bit of both....
Had a chap new to the hobby...in his teens from a group at last Aprils gig.., bit over weight and not very confident about his abilities to keep up and do whats needed..., He was not going to come along to the event,I and others had a word and he came, he did the two days and what a transformation,He has lost loads of weight and it gave him a real good boost to his confidence.. The invite still stands to hard core renactors who fancy two days in the rough..maybe getting wet and cold and defo getting dirty... defo no beer tent/burger van/blatfest. :shock:
Pete
Jugend Repper

Post by Jugend Repper »

Pete Skillman wrote:
Gilhusen wrote:Sleeping on foxs holes? nice, will be sure to come 8)
well mate IN fox holes would be better?.....Private tacticals are not for everyone, thats for sure....you get out.. what you put in...
I have invited SBG via Glen but had no interest,,,,, so there you go. :?
Some like to do shows only,Standing about their Zelts/Pups and paste board tables looking the dogs bollocks in the latest Gucci axis/allied kit, some others.... only like Private tacticals with no public about looking the dogs bollocks in the latest Allied/Axis Gucci kit and getting it fucked up... and some like a bit of both....
Had a chap new to the hobby...in his teens from a group at last Aprils gig.., bit over weight and not very confident about his abilities to keep up and do whats needed..., He was not going to come along to the event,I and others had a word and he came, he did the two days and what a transformation,He has lost loads of weight and it gave him a real good boost to his confidence.. The invite still stands to hard core renactors who fancy two days in the rough..maybe getting wet and cold and defo getting dirty... defo no beer tent/burger van/blatfest. :shock:
Pete
Always up for getting my ODs dirty and being totally dead meat :)
Wenn ich dumm bin, lassen sie's micht entgelten;
wenn ich recht hab, wollen sie mich schelten. Goethe
hanser

Post by hanser »

Depending on your senario Pete, I`d like to offer Das Reich as a recon group. We will have a a mobile radio and a Torn base unit for the CP so we can give info on Allied movements etc etc. Neil Robertson and I have been talking to Manny and neil has offered his services as one of the CP officers. Hopefully I`ll have my combination up and running by then so that can be used with any other vehicle for fast response etc etc. My guys are well up for this and want to make this a realistic event. Bumper sales of A frames at stoneleigh this year I`m guessing.

Dave
Pskillman

Post by Pskillman »

Hi Dave,
Thanks for that and gladly accepted, anything to enhance the experience for people..
4 guys from Italy are now interested in coming over (FJR), Massimo, At a previous Pip Pk he was run over by Darren Collins on a combo, sent bloody flying... so he might stay well away from you!..
Send me a PM with your email Dave and I'll send you some details/Maps and an idea of the scenario so that you can tie up and in with..... what Manny has to organise with the forces coming along etc...
There is quite a large area of land that needs to be out posted... at the very start of the scenario.
I am copying the idea of the pocket at Oosterbeek, starts off big and wide, as contacts are made the Germans contract back to their MLRs but whilst doing so.... hit hard and fast with ambushes and rearguard actions (BUT NOT TURNING IT INTO A BLAT FEST), delaying what the Allied forces need to accomplish before dusk sets in...If the Axis forces can delay the Allied forces corralling them on all front by Saturday 23.00hrs no way can they mount a general co ordinated advance Sunday AM.
CDB Schmidt

Post by CDB Schmidt »

Not sure if there was already some respons from Holland...

But I think we can deliver some of both sides from our little lowlands.
And Pete, I think you know where to put us CDB's... hope to deliver around 10 guys, but don't give any promises yet.
CDB = Crazy Dutch Boy

* 3/. Pz. Gren. Rgt. 60. Panzer Division 116. "Der Windhund" *
Matelot

Post by Matelot »

Pete, will talk to you after new years, but may have something interesting turning up... :wink: :wink: :wink:

You will definately like it, if it comes along,haha!

Manny
Pskillman

Post by Pskillman »

U 8) Tease
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

The SBG are very busy and have commitments to their own events both private and public (and as many as 50+on the ground could come off the back of an official invite) Glen spoke to me about this event and while i too dont like public shows i am unable due to other commitments attend, if you would like to invite the SBG speak to Andy Colborn as he is the chairman and you have previously only contacted elements within the SBG (myself and Glen) and we will allways support group events in front of any other (thats not a snipe its just the way it is)

Thanks Kitkat
Pskillman

Post by Pskillman »

Hi Kit Kat, Thanks for the heads up...
I looked at SBG web site and as I am a complete **** up at Computers I could not see any "CONTACT US" ...s'pose its there somewhere?...
Anyway..anyone got Andy C's email and Ill do so.
Pip Pk areas 1 to 5 is fooking BIG and 50+ blokes would be easily be lost in such an area as long as they were under control/did as ordered/looking for the shit/want trigger time/marched to the sound of gunfire...all of which I have had as reasons why in the past groups have just pissed off and done as they wanted......But they dont come back.
SBG have a great rep in UK reenacting hence I wanted to have a representative show from them, if they wanted to.
Absolutely no probs from me if all are busy, there is always next year!..
Pete

Return to “UK reenactment and events”