Pippingford Park Tactical 2012 ....21st/22nd APRIL

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Maleme

Re: Pippingford Park Tactical 2012 ....21st/22nd APRIL

Post by Maleme »

As I said earlier and to confim.... I will be there as PK-Kriegsberichter as well!
Hannibal I have a small light period tripod you can use for those night shots if you need it?
PK.-Bildberichter.: Meyer.
Oberjäger-Gebirgstruppe
Fotos für Presse und Propaganda.
Berlin SW 68
Lindenstraße 38
Telef. Sammel-Nr 17 3988-89
Hannibal Brooks

Post by Hannibal Brooks »

A tripod could come in handy - if you could bring it that would be great :).
Call me an uber geek if you want, but I checked the moon phase for 21st April - new moon :cry: - Think I'll need infra red capability aswell as a tripod!
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Put this on the Allied forum so thought Id better do so here as well?...
Working on the map at the moment, done the research...Wayne from LHA RED1 has helped me ID ing time line etc...
I was researching Cavalry units that fought in Germany alongside RED1 Infantry, 102nd...and 32d Cav Rcn Sq (involving Rangers) ...... was attached to 1st Division from 1-10 Mar 45...

First Division headquarters for this period where in
2 Mar Kelz (vic) Rhineland Germany
6 Mar Friesham Rhineland Germany
7 Mar Metternich Rhineland Germany

The Reconnaissance Troops alternated in the forward river positions as the strategy called for two Troops up and one in reserve at all times.
With orders to secure a particular section of the high ground on the east bank of the river, the Squadron was alerted to move on March 1st. A temporary footbridge was constructed by Squadron personnel and the long awaited drive to the RHINE started the next day. Companies D, E and F of the 2nd Ranger Battalion were attached to the Reconnaissance Troops. After the first mission was successfully accomplished and with this added strength the unit proceeded through heavily mined enemy territory toward Germany's last natural defense barrier The route of march took the Troops through HERRGARTEN, KOMMERN, WEINGARTEN, SCHEUREN, DERNAU and finally AHRWIELLER, as they protected the north flank of V Corps. Many prisoners of all ranks
were taken during the period as the enemy's chief resistance was in the form of impotent delaying actions and harassing mortar fire. On 12 March, a small B Troop patrol captured the Major General commanding the 5th German Paratroop Division. The General's unit had already withdrawn toward the RHINE, but in order to clear up a final few matters, he, and two orderlies, remained behind. Their preparations to rejoin their Division miscarried by a matter of minutes when three members of the patrol discovered the house in which they were hiding.
On March 13th, the Squadron reached AHRWEILER and went into Corps Reserve. While awaiting a new combat mission, a program of personal rehabilitation and maintenance of vehicles and weapons was put into effect.

http://www.criba.be/index.php?option=co ... y&Itemid=6
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

As thing/Ideas and plans change BUT at the moment this map is what next years Pip Pk event will be based on...
FRITZLER is an actual place that in mention in 2nd RANGER battle reports....
KUNSTDORF is also a place and I just had to include it!....wonder who will be asked to defend that place? :o
dagda

Post by dagda »

The kunsts(Artists) from the FJ!lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Matelot

Post by Matelot »

Pete, is there any chance you could outline the area we have been using in the past,please? I'd like to see how much more larger the site is now, and the extra land that is now available for us.

Many thanks

Manny :wink:
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

How many years have you been comming to Pip Pk :roll: ..
The River Eder...
Pre used area WEST AND SOUTH OF THE RIVER..Dreieckwald/Ostwald
New land area EAST AND NORTH of the river......Gruner weg/Die Wepper Brucke

The weaps issue times are for the event...
Sat 06.00hrs and returns after 21.00hrs which will allow us to make better use of the day...
Sun 06.30hrs to end Ex 13.00hrs.This event is more aimed at the "Hardcore" of ww2 reenactors and as such if you come your expected to deal with looking after yourself in the field,included in this is personnal heating kit/rain coat or shelter half or equivelent or put up with it.Carrying all the ammo you might need and generally to be fit enough to last 30 hours...
Although I have stated NO ALCOHOL I am not stupid ... and realise that some will bring it.....
I dont want any reports of drinking pre -weaps back time ie post 21.00hrs, this will be a fluid time (no pun intended ) as we will have a night scheme involving a fire fight/ground charges and movement .
All you have to bring is a professional attitude to your hobby.
Pete
mikebie

Post by mikebie »

Looks like an almost full turn out from 13/FJR6/Heaven & Hell Pete. Should be enjoyable!
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Mike it will be Fallbones City!. :o

Because we are attempting to keep the two opposing forces seperate I have had to find a way of getting/Handing back the GBS to Oxlade without us encrouching into Axis or Allied areas...= difficult. :| Best thing I can come up with is relocating John O... to HUT A on the Pip Pk map...Its more central for the weaps return post 21.00hrs so no more "up the that bloody hill".....however the site is... quite hilly!. :twisted:
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

Nice map!

I particuarly like the "kunts village" nice touch, i think i used to live there lol
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Map below shows two entances for the Pip Pk Tactical next April, Axis go to the usual place where Oxlade USED to be located at HUT D and where the cars are normally parked.
The Allied participants need to LEFT at the lights at wych Cross into COLEMANS HATCH ROAD,......AT "THE HATCH INN" turn right on to KIDD'S HILL, HALF MILE ON THE RIGHT WILL BE THE TURNING "SIGNED DTA ACCESS"

Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

There SHOULD.... :? ....famous last words.... be a skip there...Ill bring along plenty of rubbish bags for each unit to use..., in the past people have bought wood ammo boxes and cardboard 9mm boxes off Oxlade, taken it into the field, loaded up and chucked th 9mm WHITE boxes on the turf....if your gonna do that, use your loaf and choose a hole or somewhere its not noticeable.., the range wardens go over the site on the Monday and look for anything they can ping us on, unfilled holes/fires left/rubbish etc...
Neil from Das Reich is coming along to do a HQ and comms impression along with Manny T, so its starting to look great as that Home Farm area that gets used for HQ has got a great feel to it..

Pete
Pskillman

Post by Pskillman »

At Pippers in April there will be a couple of schemes involving Mortars- ground & water charges around bridges etc.....H&S will all be done correct etc...it will be under a controlled scenario with those in charge in the know only..
Although different groups will be at different sites across pip pk I will endeavor.... that all get a taste of it!...also Saturday pre 21.00hrs there will be a night skirmish with both sides at a safe distance and again those in the know in charge... so don't disappear!..

' '
~
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

well it looks like Jokkie and I will be there :mrgreen: but in a different uniform
ImageImageImageImageImage
maddog

Post by maddog »

Franz repper wrote:well it looks like Jokkie and I will be there :mrgreen: but in a different uniform
Ah, but with a decent bunch! :D
Wullie Mulgrew CSRT

Carpe Diem

Normandy 44 www.n44.co.uk

Return to “UK reenactment and events”