E2V2 - "Escape to Victory - The re-match" 5th June 2011

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
dagda

Re: E2V2 - "Escape to Victory - The re-match" 5th June 2011

Post by dagda »

Good luck lads with the event and raise as much cash as you can!
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

hanser

Post by hanser »

The Colchester ticket web site is
http://www.colutickets.com
main ticket office phone 0845 437 9089
Tickets available now, so start buying and putting the word around please.............................
hanser

Post by hanser »

To everyone who cannot take part in this event, you now have the chance to help out by sponsoring the players who have committed themselves to play the match. Doesn`t have to be a lot but every penny counts.
To all our players, vehicle owners and Re-enactors in other vital roles, please ask your friends and family to sponsor you for this great event.
79 days to go...........

http://www.virginmoneygiving.com/team/e2v2
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/e2v2
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

We are still waiting on a lot of response, but heres a bit of team news:

Ex-Middlesbrough and England centre-forward Andy Campbell has signed for the Team. Andy was part of Middlesbrough’s promotion winning 1997-98 season, and played for England at under 21 and senior level.

Ex-Arsenal Left winger Perry Groves has signed for the Team. Perry was part of Arsenal’s 1990-91 league title winning team, and is still considered by many fans as one of Arsenal’s all-time best players.

Ex-Ipswich, Colchester and England legendary central defender Kevin Beattie has signed for the team. Kevin also appeared in the film ‘Escape to Victory’ as Michael Caine's body double. During filming Beattie beat Sylvester Stallone in an arm wrestling competition which Stallone didn't take too well and didn't speak to Beattie for the rest of filming, especially as Stallone had only recently made a 'Rocky' film, and was beaten right & left-handed.

Actor Duncan Pow has signed for the team. A Scottish actor best known in his role in Sky One's Dream Team, as Liam Mackay the captain of Harchester United F.C. and as Linden Cullen in the BBC1 medical drama, Holby City.

And a bit of Event News:

The event will open from 11:30 to 18:00 hrs on the 5th June
The displays outside the stadium will include bouncy castle, A display of military vehicles, 1940s classic vehicles, military stalls, raffles, refreshments and fundraising stalls.
Refreshments within the stadium will be open as normal prior to the game.
Tickets are available online through Colchester United and at their ticket office with some available on the day.
Kick off will be at 2:30pm

Pre kick off, the national anthems will be played by Royal legion Brass Band!

Halftime performance from Colchester Pipe and Drums marching band
Performances before the show and at halftime by legendary 1940’s singer and burlesque hottie Kitten Von Mew is set to send the pulses racing. Not to worry though Mums and Dads, it’s a family friendly performance!

The Parachute Regiment, newly returned from Afghanistan will be making an appearance at the event. These brave lads will also be taking part in parade through the town at a later date. Welcome home boys, you’ve done us proud.

Local station “Heart radio” are providing coverage and the ‘Heart Angels' will be appearing during the day.

More as it comes in..............
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
Liebstandarte

Post by Liebstandarte »

Amazing stuff Neil. Can`t wait for this.... Well done to everyone involved in organising this event & a massive pat on the back to those supporting it.
ImageImageImage

Am Arsch der Welt
hanser

Post by hanser »

New website address

http://www.escape2victory2.co.uk

Tickets are on sale now so if you fancy supporting this great event and cause please get online and buy a few tickets. If you can`t make the event then you can donate via the virgin charity website. Every penny counts to help our Heroes wounded in action.

http://www.colutickets.com

hanser

Post by hanser »

Please can everyone who has committed themselves to E2V2 whether its a off pitch role or military vehicle please pm me with names and/or what types of vehicle etc. I am going to produce some back stage like passes so you will be able to move freely throughout the event. Players should respond to Neil Robertson. Please just pm me on this forum with contact details and nearer the time I will send out all the info for arrival times, travel instructions and kit requirements etc etc.

Please ask your friends and relatives to come to the show or sponsor you for the event, we want to raise as much money as we can for the amount of effort we are all putting in.

A massive thank you for all the support we have had so far, remember this is a reflection of the great people within our re-enactment community.

Dave
hanser

Post by hanser »

Well with less than 70 days to go I`m a little disappointed with the response by our fellow re-enactors. when we started this project with the Royal British Legion We thought that such a high profile event would be totally supported by our re-enactment community. We all enjoy the hobby and to have WW2 re-enactment seen to be doing something special for the good of our wounded in conflict has a great feel good factor and a sign of respect. It also provides a great profile for all of us who are involved with the WW2 re-enacting hobby.
I realise that not everyone can attend due to other commitments but show a little support to all the hard work that has been put into this project by sponsoring the guys who have offered their time. If we all put in a few quid then with the gift aid situation we could really make a difference. I`ve put my donation in please join me. If you can attend with your family for a great day out then tickets are available now.
thanks Dave

www.colutickets.com
JDR

Post by JDR »

Donation made
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
hanser

Post by hanser »

Great news The British Legion have arranged somewhere to sleep for any re-enactors who want to turn up on the day before the event. We have secured the Colchester TA centre which can hold up to 50 of us plus 30 vehicles. this means anyone who has a fair distance to travel with or without a Military vehicle can stay there with their vehicles safe and secure. Extra bonus is there is a bar and for a cost we can have sandwiches and hot drinks on tap. Camp beds and sleeping bags etc will be required obviously. Anyone who wants to take up this offer must pm me with name and vehicle Registration number as soon as possible please.
sparky

Post by sparky »

i will sort a donation out when i finish buying all my tools again! thieving gets!

By the way if anyone sees a large amount of hilti tools 9 boxes of in spot on condition, drills, jig
saw nailgun etc then please give the police a shout or myself.

believed to be from Durham area or manchester!

ta
matt
Proud to be a member of - WARS Das Reich -
Where the party never ends!
hanser

Post by hanser »

Thank you to everyone who has sponsored this event or bought tickets. Looks like its going to be an amazing day.

Dave
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

id love to stay with u guys at the hall ..but im planning to bring me family to put bums on seats

i do hope others do the same :wink:

come on guys and gals ...and kids ..get ya mums and dads down here to goood old essex ..where the guys are men and the women are men too .....( er as in they drink pints ...)

i think i will hide now
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
hanser

Post by hanser »

Fellow Re-enactors, I need your help...
Does anyone know any body personally that works within the press or TV media? I have been bashing my head against the wall for months and getting nowhere with the national media. If you know someone who could help then please could you PM me with some details. Obviously contact the person first so I`m not just cold calling.
Thank you
Dave
JDR

Post by JDR »

Dave have you tried Talksport because this type o event is right down their street and Perry Groves one of the ex pro players whos playing in EV2 is a guest on the station alot.

I would try the Hawksbee and Jacobs Show
And that boys is how you take a penalty.

Return to “UK reenactment and events”