Tankfest 2011 – The Most Explosive Weekend In History!

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Hoffman Grink

Re: Tankfest 2011 – The Most Explosive Weekend In History!

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Just got your name on the list from John Andy.
Bring your AFRA card - You can arrive from Thursday onwards really and get set up - Vehicles to be off site on show days from 08.30 until 17:30.
My number and Karl's number are on the back of your AFRA card so any dramas - ring.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Cheers
Paul
Steiner

Post by Steiner »

Cheers, Paul! 8)
"Stop that!!! Careful with my J-J!"
FMROMMEL

Post by FMROMMEL »

To all those coming down to Sunny Dorset for Tankfest, please keep to the speed limit. We are lucky :shock: to have a very good group of SPEED CAMERA UNITS here in Dorset. :evil: They take no prisoners!
http://www.forceschildrenstrust.org
The Forces Children’s Trust is helping dependent children that have lost a parent whilst serving with UK Armed Forces.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

A fully restored amd running Pz IV Ausf H arrived this evening. Been wet today but forecast looking good for weekend. People turning up. Displays being built. so far so good.
Sturmschar

Post by Sturmschar »

That will be Steve Lamonby's with a diesel engine, he's also bringing it ti Belters.
Always keep the boot of destiny aimed at the arse of anticipation!
JDR

Post by JDR »

Weather update fine today and dry through the night but rain forecast from 13.00 tomorrow.

Have a good show
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
stefan

Post by stefan »

Just back from a great day out at Tank Fest , plenty of reenactors plenty of track in the arena had a great day in great company

well done Paul I think you've cracked it ,it can only get bigger and better next year, one to put in the calendar for sure :D
JDR

Post by JDR »

stefan wrote:Just back from a great day out at Tank Fest , plenty of reenactors plenty of track in the arena had a great day in great company

well done Paul I think you've cracked it ,it can only get bigger and better next year, one to put in the calendar for sure :D
Hi Duncan
what was the mop turn out like just wondering in todays present climate?

Im off to Beamish open air museum county Durham today veterans day and all that.

Update on the weather for tankfest sunny intervals hopefully the weather will attract the crowds to all events that are on this weekend
Steiner

Post by Steiner »

Major thanks to PD and Stig, just two of the guys running around sorting things out all day, always with a smile and a kind word - fantastic work, guys. I could only attend Friday night / Saturday, but it was nice to chat to our neighbours, the FJR2 guys.
"Stop that!!! Careful with my J-J!"
Jim

Post by Jim »

Big slap on the back to PD and his crew. Excellent show with what looked like a very large amount of public.
SWB
JDR

Post by JDR »

Jim wrote:Big slap on the back to PD and his crew. Excellent show with what looked like a very large amount of public.
Excellent news Jim, wasnt a bad turn out the Beamish either not a reenactment event just some WW1 Scottish but nice veterans parade in the park etc plus great weather.
Must admit the only reason we went is that we had a years pass and thougth we better use it before it ran out :lol:
stefan

Post by stefan »

Hi John just back from second day and boy was it hot ,as for mops very thick on the ground dont know what the official gate was but looked to
be well attended ,had a great time and bumped into a few people I havent seen for some 25 ,30 years also,
like I say it all looked to go really well but I am sure Paul will post some details soon,but as for me great show great fun great people :D :D :D
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Unnofficial gate figures. 10,000.
Feedback about Living Hisgory, brilliant. Museum director simply said he had seen lots of happy children and that was what it was about for him. When I say a packed display area, I mean a pacmed display area!
Massive thanks to ALL who made the journey to support us, more later. Off to bed now.
LAH650

Post by LAH650 »

It was hot hot hot....

Report to follow....

The names of the parties have been changed to protect the innocent…

And following the exchange of large bundles of cash with and without menaces some photos have been withheld… sorry deleted … (well if the cash keeps coming that is…)

:wink:
Attachments
CIMG8730.jpg
CIMG8730.jpg (95.54 KiB) Viewed 5111 times
RodShack

Post by RodShack »

Paul and Team - very well done.

We've gotten over our initial heart-attack of the pitch, but think we managed to pull off a good display in the end.

Boys from TFH - thanks for being very friendly neighbors - very refreshing and your display looked great. Thanks for the stew by the way.

The guys manning the goulash cannon - well done on making a really nice stew, it went down a treat.

I'm shattered, but really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the 2012 show now!

Well done everyone who was involved. :D

Cheers

Rod
Rod Shack

Obgfr - http://www.561zbv.co.uk
Private - The Diggers LHG - http://thediggerslhg.co.uk

Return to “UK reenactment and events”