Copehill Down on Sailsbury plain!

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Sturmschar

Copehill Down on Sailsbury plain!

Post by Sturmschar »

There is an exiting SBG battle event planned for Copehill Down on Sailsbury Plain, it is scheduled for the weekend of 1/2/3 October 2010. We require any group that wishes to attend this event should contact Peter Mooney peter.mooney2@googlemail.com ASAP. Costs will be £40 per head as the group has to pay for this event in advance by the end of this month.
Although a great deal of effort is directed into the safety aspects of this event, battle re-enactment, the use of weapons, blank ammunition and pyrotechnics remain potentially dangerous. All persons should carefully note that attendance at Copehill Down Village Training Complex will constitute volenti non fit injuria, that is to say you will be deemed to have accepted any risk of injury, loss or damage whatsoever and no claim in respect thereof will lie against the MOD, Landmark the Second battle Group or the Organiser(s).
Always keep the boot of destiny aimed at the arse of anticipation!
Franz repper

Re: Copehill Down on Sailsbury plain!

Post by Franz repper »

Andy what a score ! Copehill Down was ment in the past to look like a German Village so will be good for end of war type battle
ImageImageImageImageImage
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

oo sounds good
can we take trucks
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

les hearn wrote:oo sounds good
can we take trucks
Les it was a rough old road there last time I was there but that was in a CVRT in 1997 :lol:
Can people still craw through the sewer ?
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sturmschar

Post by Sturmschar »

Ooooo yes Les its ripe for vehicles and for multiple attacks in different locations - loads of scope for you signals boys!!
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

shame im working, would of liked to go to this one
SCHILLER

Post by SCHILLER »

if you think longmoor is good, this place dwarfs longmoor by a mile . it was built in the early 90s and is a german village. the more vehicles the better, and we can use armour there as well. its a shame we cant use round canopies in the uk any more , because fox covert dz is in front of it..............that's given all the fj and airborne types a hard on..........
My god you're a German.............
Mooore bloody foreigners
Gren Broich

Post by Gren Broich »

Looking forward to this one the last event of the year for me. :D
PROUD MEMBER OF THE ALL SINGING,ALL MARCHING S.B.G.
Sturmschar

Post by Sturmschar »

Just a further reminder to all about what will prove to be a memorable weekend at Copehill Down.

There are a few buildings that are out of bounds - admin buildings, one or two stores and two sections that are used for training just prior to deployment. Apart from that, a lot of buildings that we can use. Some of these are substantial and there is even a four-story high rise - think it will take all weekend just to clear that one alone!? This still leaves 70 buildings to fight through and they vary in size and scope - so plenty of variety.

Please take the time to read all of the information below, as it is important. Please also ensure you pass this info onto all of your members. We want everyone to enjoy the weekend and there is plenty there for us to have a superb event. However, our future use is dependent on how well we do during this event.

Accomodation - we can sleep in the buildings, but only some of them are kitted out for generators. Therefore, if you have a generator, please bring it and ensure it has the blue 'camping' plug. Would also be advisable to bring lamps to increase the lighting in the rooms when battling is not taking place. This is not like Longmoor, where there are specific houses to sleep in. You will be sleeping in the same buildings that we will fight through. I will allocate specific buildings to German and Allied groups, which will mean sharing. It will not be a building per group.

Catering - you are welcome to take your normal individual rations along, but we are not permitted to have any 'mass' catering on this site. Therefore - no group field kitchens or cateen wagons, etc. This MoD rule is a very strict one, as there is a civilian caterer who has the sole license to operate on this site. We will have that person on site, who will provide al of the hot meals, etc. during the weekend. We have been told that the prices are very reasonable and the food is good - please observe this rule on 'mass' catering!

Civilian cars - there are 3 car parks at the main gate and this is where all civilian cars will be left. Without exception, no civilian cars will be permitted through the gate. This will mean that you will have to walk your kit to the sleeping buildings (or use your military vehicle?). This is not as bad as it sounds, as the buildings are not too far away.

Rubbish - there are no facilities for us to dump rubbish at this site. Therefore, please allow room for you to take your rubbish away at the end of the weekend.

MIlitary vehicles - no restrictions, but within the confines of the site, all vehicles are to remain on the roads or tracks - therefore no driving over the grass areas, etc.

Toilets - there are toilet blocks located at various places throughout

Clearing up - as with Longmoor, this will be a requirement. We will need to clear all of the buildings of brass and rubbish, etc. can you bring a brush and dustpan, along with sandbags or sacks to help with this. This should not take too long to do with everyone helping.

Where is it? - Copehill Down is located along the B390. If you head towards Warminster (from the M3 direction), travel along the A303 past Andover.
A344 towards Shrewton
B390 towards Chitterne - along this road, you will pass a series of tank track crossings that are marked with yellow posts and coded with letters. Along the B390 you should find O, then P - go past this until you find crossing 'Q'. Turn right into this turning (when travelling towards Chitterne). Travel along the gravel road and you will see the village in front of you. Park in one of the 3 car parks in front of the gate.

When can we start - you can arrive from 14:00 on Friday 1st October onwards - there is a military unit in there until that time, so if you arrive earlier, it will be a case of waiting in the car park. We need to be gone by Sunday afternoon / evening, but that should give us time to battle on the Sunday and then clear up.

That is the lot for the moment - remember to have your forms to me by August 31st (next Tuesday). This really is the creme de la creme of FIBUA sites and it should make for an excellent weekend. To book a place contact:

peter.mooney2@googlemail.com
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

oo was told again about this ...and with luck i will bring some of me kit if i can ...cant bring truck now as it is knackered for the short time
will contact pete sap

Sturmschar

Post by Sturmschar »

Morning Les - If you need transport during the battle you can set my Kubel up as a "funker" (yes theres an "n" in there!)
Sturmschar

Post by Sturmschar »

Pete Mooney has not done any scenario yet, will do this nearer the time, once all groups / numbers are confirmed. The scenario will be developed around the site, to make best use of it and ensure we all have a superb weekend. Time-wise, it will be autumn '44 German border type scenario.

Will supply more details in the week or so before.
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

Sturmschar wrote:Morning Les - If you need transport during the battle you can set my Kubel up as a "funker" (yes theres an "n" in there!)

hmm now theres an idea
i will be making the radios into backpack
just by adding the straps
so may need some lifts now and again into the field for comms ..well only if for looks ....
mind u i got some pro walkie's we could use :wink:

CDB Schmidt

Post by CDB Schmidt »

"Germany 1944"

9 guys from the Netherlands prepaired last weekend for the last time....
1 full Gruppe with MG42, stg, mp40 and the always reliable K98's are coming with us.

No sleepless nights, just knowing that we can stop the Allies at the border of our great Reich.
We have a lot of help and this town is not a gift for the other side!!

Although we have to travel far, the more we are prepared to hold ground.

Waiting for the day's to go by and hope to see a lot of familair faces again... :D
CDB = Crazy Dutch Boy

* 3/. Pz. Gren. Rgt. 60. Panzer Division 116. "Der Windhund" *
hanser

Post by hanser »

Looking forward to this one, just trying to sort out directions for my guys at Das Reich and found a postcode on google maps i hope it might help but i do suggest you take the written directions as well.

BA12 0LP

don`t blame me if google is wrong please......

Dave

Return to “UK reenactment and events”