The Boryszyn Loop Jan 2010

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Hoffman Grink

The Boryszyn Loop Jan 2010

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Having returned from another Private battle using airsoft weapons I feel like sharing this video

If only to let you see how the standard is comparable to those running around with bf weapons.

The action at these gigs is enhanced by actually smacking the target you are shooting at.
The location was a tunnel complex near Kiddiminster. Yes it really is as huge as the maps suggest! The Soviets had extremely good kit as did he defending Germans. Including combis and a 222!
Command and control was excellent and the scenario was realistic with art treasures and gold bullion to hide from the invading Bolsheviks. Fighting was hard and sitting in a dark tunnel lit with paraffin lanterns to snatch a gulp of water and a mouthful of food was eerily evocative. There was a sound system installed that played battle noises and then instead of the usual cuckoo clock Nazi shit, the strains of Wagner could be heard in the lonely echoing tunnels.

I'm off to the next one in February in Portsmouth..... No shortage of quality private events for some of us. :lol:
Hans Gowert

Re: The Boryszyn Loop Jan 2010

Post by Hans Gowert »

AK47 in the first minute ! :shock:

he he,

I was tempted to goto this one but wasnt availible on the weekend . it looks to of been an extremely enjoyable event with some switched on commanders it looks like it.
Steiner

Post by Steiner »

Hans Gowert wrote:AK47 in the first minute ! :shock:
Really? I was there all w/e and nobody had one.
"Stop that!!! Careful with my J-J!"
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

check,

59 seconds , MG42 and an AK folding stock behind it
nelz

Post by nelz »

missed this gig also, :cry: ..... Paul !... my C.O. hasn't stopped talking about it, he had a great time,... knew he would.

Excellent site for tactical battling,... :twisted:

the transition for doubters will happen eventually I'm sure,... these well organised events deserve a try before being dogged as inappropiate for re-enactors.
I'm hooked,.... just need to get to more games/battles.

nice vid too ! :mrgreen:

The Yorkshire Wartime Experience http://www.ywe-event.info/
yorkshirewartimeexperience@live.com
elitemilitaria@live.co.uk
Mobile : 07413-707121
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

TG - Was an RPK with a drum which was allowed and only used in the prone position as were the other LMGs (3 MG42s I think )

Nelz - Martin was buzzing right from kitting up and I have spoken with him today - His words? "Still buzzing and after ten minutes forgot what he was using - It was a weapon that was all"....... and he got the biggest buzz from being able to actually twat his opponents at 30m. I saw him halfway through and he was completely involved.......

Martin Standbridge and Mick Pirie were on the Soviet Side. Stig, meself and Dave Barratt's guys made up a big part of the Germans..... this interlacing is happening........ I'm off to Freshman in Feb. Another tunnel complex and a different scenario based on the heavy water plant at Telemark....... Norwegian SOE, British Royal Engineers, Factory Workers (Engineers) and Scientists as well as German Guards protecting the facility....... How smart is that?

The Soviets at this event were very well turned out and could put on a good showing at a re-enactment..... and there were TWENTY OF THEM!
Chomley-Warner

Post by Chomley-Warner »

Hoffman Grink wrote:His words? "Still buzzing and after ten minutes forgot what he was using - It was a weapon that was all"
That's good to hear - this is what happens. Your fancy togs and pukka rifle that one might otherwise obsess over just become work clothes and tools of your trade. You get so involved and wrapped up in what is going on, least of all fighting for your life, that detail blurs and more pressing things take over.

By the way, 25 Ruskies not 20! It staggered us to be honest. We were prepared to financially support this event ourselves as there were so few chaps with Russian kit prior to the event, but we needn't have worried, players came up trumps. Another Eastern Front event is being planned for the end of the year....
martin12ss

Post by martin12ss »

Just thought I'd post to echo PD's view A great venue very well organised and even though there was a big problem for the soviets with a large kit order not arriving from the Ukraine they managed to still look pretty good. I am certainly up for another.
Heinz

Post by Heinz »

My knees are absolutely wrecked from this event - massive bruises on each one due to repeatedly throwing myself onto the deck to get behind the MG42.:) . Very, very impressed with the Ruskie turnout - and the numerous suicide charges they made!

Something quite disturbing to see them charging en masse down a tunnel with the whistles blowing and being led by a man holding a russian banner, only to see them cut down and falling to the ground when hit by withering fire from the German side.
Major Richard Heidrich: "Why do you want to jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane?"

Willi Schmidt: "When the Luftwaffe builds a perfectly good aeroplane, Sir, I shan't need to"
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

From the vid, this looks like a cracking Airsoft event.
The line between re-enactment and airsoft continues to shorten as kit standards approach that of our own hobby.
Fair play to them. :wink:

.But most of all, great fun!
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Reich Crispies wrote:From the vid, this looks like a cracking Airsoft event.
The line between re-enactment and airsoft continues to shorten as kit standards approach that of our own hobby.
Fair play to them. :wink:

.But most of all, great fun!
Neil - I have to correct you fine sir - This IS Our Hobby - these people you speak of are our brethren and this event was every inch a re-enactment event.
It was a cracking re-enactment event. The fine line is completely blurred..... the crossover is still widening but it's there......
The kit standards exceeded many in what you term your own hobby........ I can vouch for that. This weekend was exactly the same as the old style private battles in set up and cameraderie. It had all the elements that other private battles have PLUS something that is going to spread..... weapons that actually land a round on the target...... which helps to determine outcomes far better than blanks. The only thing CiA relies on is one brilliant rule and most if not all stick to it. "Don't be a Cock" No marshalls, no cheating, just peer pressure and trust...... and it works.

Return to “UK reenactment and events”