German WW2 insignia pulled of eBay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

littletankman

German WW2 insignia pulled of eBay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by littletankman »

Hi all I listed a set of German SS collar tabs on UK eBay along with other bits including the matching shoulder boards. I didn't mention the SS or Nazi on the listing just put elite insignia WW2 German . I posted a picture of the collar tabs face up but deleted the SS marking. And eBay removed them explaining I cant sell a Nazi item displaying a Nazi symbol or glorifying Nazism even if its blurred out. I would never sell an item on eBay displaying a Nazi symbol . As I have listed books before and always covered over the markings. I contacted eBay several times but for the sake of a few quid I backed down . But feel victimized as there is so much Nazi items on eBay many showing the SS markings clearly.

This is the second time this has happened to me the first time I listed three 30mm shell cases obviously fired . But eBay pulled them saying it was part of a gun !!!! . Again there is loads of brass shell cases on eBay . I even spotted an Abbot self propelled gun on eBay . This was ex UK Army with de activated gun ! So he can sell a tank and I cant sell three brass shell cases !

On both these occasions I didn't give eBay the item numbers or to much detail as not to drop any one in it or help eBay .

Will put on here now , and I had loads of watchers !!!

Andy
Last edited by littletankman on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carvillan

Re: German WW2 insignia pulled of eBay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by carvillan »

This sort of thing really annoys me. We CAN'T change history. The SS existed as did other organisations that have committed crimes against humanity. To try to sweep them under the carpet and forget they ever existed is just plain stupid. Give them time, the PC police will have us saying 'Adolf who? No, nothing of any significance happened between 1933 and 1945!'
Meine Ehre Heißt Treue

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Me to mate but I took them of and put them on here , thanks tho . The tank made me laugh it was ex MOD with a deactivated gun ! so I'm assuming that's more of a gun part than a spent shell case .

Thanks Andy
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

EBay s first response.

First of all, let me give you some idea on our Nazi materials policy. According to the policy eBay doesn't allow Nazi related items (Badges, Uniforms, Offensive recordings, Books which glorifies Nazis etc) that contain propaganda or memorabilia with Nazi insignia or SS markings to be listed on site. We also don’t Nazi Party related pictures on eBay.co.uk. Nazi propaganda postcards or photographs, specifically with pictures of Nazi leaders aren't permitted to be sold on the site. Also, images which are blurred or cropped not permitted on the site. Any item promoting hatred or glorifies the Nazi party is prohibited.

My one didn't have any SS markings I covered them up but read on that's not good enough should of turned them over.
Andy
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

did you enquire as to why there are still plenty of Axis/german items failing these rather harsh qualifications, still for sale on ebay, just a simple search found quite a few, such as helmets, kit etc...
Name: Jonathan
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Yes mate I did and asked why mine was pulled they said that mine had be picked out by the system .I emailed them back to say I wasn't happy and felt victimized.

Read the bit about my shell cases mate it just shows you.

Thanks Andy
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Forgot kit , helmets are ok its just when they see SS or a swasticker . Although I blurred it out like others have and theirs are still listed .

Andy
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

But anything related to Stalin or his NKVD, Chairman Mao, Pol Pot etc - absloutely fine, no problemo...... :? Tells you a story if you think about it.

E-Bay problems - It's happened to me too, but I wouldn't point out other people's auctions - not nice! :lol:

I think the reality is that a certain amount will get through if you list it carefully and are a bit lucky! Unless it's got a big swastika on it etc a lot of people don't know one bit of miliatria from another.
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Hi your right there mate. I didn't give eBay the description or item number , I would never do that just asked why similar items are listed without issue . I wouldn't stab a fellow military buff in the back to make a point . Told them they were victimizing me. I got the customer service questioner after I asked but not filled it in yet . I'm still stewing on it.

There was no German markings as I covered them and only listed as WW2 German elite didnt mention the SS or Nazi Germany but still pulled it

Andy
conrad uno

Post by conrad uno »

It's their policy - MC036 Offensive Material.
You can't sell items that have 'forbidden' symbols on them, whether they can be seen in the auction photo or not. I've seen SS collar tab pairs for sale, where the left hand tab has been photographed turned over. I guess most people don't realise what's on the other side...

Stamps, coins and books (except by certain authors) are legit - I guess they feel those items have a justified historical significance.

If you want to continue selling on Ebay then you have to comply with their policies, whether you agree with them or not.

I've had a number of items pulled over the last few months, including a Reinhard Heydrich cuff title, Hermann Goring Div cuff title, a tunic with breast eagle (very silly to list this one) and set of Waffen SS enlisted men's shoulder boards - these were pulled because I'd set shipping as worldwide, including Germany, France etc.

For every auction ended in this way, your account's policy compliance is downgraded leading to selling restrictions and ultimately account suspension.

The text of auction listings is automatically checked at submission - I listed a set of shoulder boards, and described the piping as 'rifle green', and when I submitted the auction I got pop-up reminder about their firearms policy.. :lol:
I don't believe that ebay are able to determine from the auction pictures the presence of swastikas, ss runes etc, they rely, i'm sure on other ebay users reporting the auctions... :x - I know you say you're reluctant to report other auctions, but people have done it to you...
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Thanks mate the brass shell cases cracked me up they were just spent 30mm cases I only put them on at 50p each (three) . I had previously checked if there was any others listed and as I thought loads . They told me it constituted a part of a gun . Then I found the ex MOD Abbot self propelled gun .Although the gun was deactivated . Surly that constitutes more of a gun part than my spent shell cases . But for the sake of £1.50 I shall stick them on a car boot sale (well until you cant sell there). Unless I put them on as brass pen holders :lol: .

I do 1:16 models and have heard people having plastic model guns in 1:16 pulled as like you say it mentions the word ' gun' oh no .

As for books with SS runes on the front is that ok then ? I put one on but covered them , it didn't get pulled of unless I was lucky . I'm just not going to put the stuff on , just sell it elsewhere its not worth the hassle. I am always careful on how I list , describe and the choice of photo and all were UK only.

As for people reporting its probably some sad person with nothing better to do than trawl through eBay reporting things 'they don't like'. The shell cases were pulled instantly , I didn't mention 'gun'.

Thanks Andy
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

I just wish they would grow up and let the stuff back on the site...no matter what there will always be sellers, might as well make a profit by allowing it to be sold on their site....

Maybe one of these days...

Thank-god we have ioffer though ;)
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

ignore ebay got to egun.de, they take anything, time to start another "ebay for ww2 and other 'offensive' items.
graham

Return to “General”