accident

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

seadog

accident

Post by seadog »

Found this and it shows that you have to realise what you're actually doing.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/loca ... enactment/

Lets keep it safe!!!
meyer

Re: accident

Post by meyer »

I know i should not laff ,but 70 years on and for that pak the war is still not over :lol:
JDR

Post by JDR »

PAK used to celerbrate America independence day, Cricky i didnt realise Britians 2nd Civil war lasted up till the 1940's :lol: :lol:

Oh must of been used by the late war Hessian troops :lol: :wink:

joking apart hope the guy is ok
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
HkSniper

Post by HkSniper »

First - I am glad that the guy is recovering and was not more seriously injured.

However I could not help but to notice the reenactor running to the police officer had his bayonet attached to his rifle. Why?
barnaclebill

Post by barnaclebill »

There are re-enactments in the UK that have bayonets fixed.
Matt, 85th Gebirgsjager, part of the '39-45 Society'.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

And a thorough risk assessment is in place beforehand along with a brief prior to commencement. By responsible persons that is. As evidenced by the faultless performance at Tankfest this year.
m1steelpot

Post by m1steelpot »

HkSniper wrote:First - I am glad that the guy is recovering and was not more seriously injured.

However I could not help but to notice the reenactor running to the police officer had his bayonet attached to his rifle. Why?
Rubber bayonet.
STEIGE AUS DEM BETT, DREH' DEN SWAG AUFFFFFF
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

What have German re-enactors got to do with American independence?
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

Its funny the way the dude runs like a girl.
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
FMROMMEL

Post by FMROMMEL »

Gott Mit Uns wrote:Its funny the way the dude runs like a girl.
I just wonder how you would run in hobnailed boots on a concrete road, when your best mate has just put a whole the size of your fist in his upper leg. :wink:

The guy is doing fine and will be getting his wound badge I'm Sure.
Last edited by FMROMMEL on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.forceschildrenstrust.org
The Forces Children’s Trust is helping dependent children that have lost a parent whilst serving with UK Armed Forces.
FMROMMEL

Post by FMROMMEL »

Hoffman Grink wrote:And a thorough risk assessment is in place beforehand along with a brief prior to commencement. By responsible persons that is. As evidenced by the faultless performance at Tankfest this year.

Paul I would like to see that, I think it would be very interesting for other people to see how you assessed that. it would be a good guide for others, on how to risk assess.
http://www.forceschildrenstrust.org
The Forces Children’s Trust is helping dependent children that have lost a parent whilst serving with UK Armed Forces.
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Stigroadie wrote:What have German re-enactors got to do with American independence?
Hessian mercenaries? :D
gurowski

Post by gurowski »

I just wonder how you would run in hobnailed boots on a concrete road, when your best mate has just put a whole the size of your fist in his under leg.
Is that what happened, did he received a hole the size of a fist in his underleg?

The aritical tells you absolutly nothing at all other than "a piece of metal was ejected and it struck one of the reenactors in the leg"
So it might have been little more that a bit of a cut then.
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

Clearly an accident. It was said in the clip.
Strange to think of such a grotesque travesty in this world of blame and compensation :roll: :roll: :roll:
Take all the precautions you need but an accident might just happen, somebody got a hurty leg, oh no... let's wrap up the world in cotton wool.
Let's all thank "an upopular hebrew" that he wasn't slipping about on mud or ice or anything else that the world might throw at us.
94-87 Ich bedauere nichts
57-93 Either put me in jail or kill me
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

Clearly an accident. It was said in the clip.
Strange to think of such a grotesque travesty in this world of blame and compensation :roll: :roll: :roll:
Take all the precautions you need but an accident might just happen, somebody got a hurty leg, oh no... let's wrap up the world in cotton wool.
Let's all thank "an upopular hebrew" that he wasn't slipping about on mud or ice or anything else that the world might throw at us.
94-87 Ich bedauere nichts
57-93 Either put me in jail or kill me

Return to “General”