Hoffman Grink

Re: The Great SS Debate.....

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Tom? His name's not Tom........ :lol: :roll:
Casbah Rock

Post by Casbah Rock »

Hoffman Grink wrote:Tom? His name's not Tom........ :lol: :roll:
He either thinks KK is Tom Gow :D or a play on words like Tom cat ;)
SS-Rottenführer Kotzur
Zweite Kampfgruppe
1. SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
Meine Ehre Heißt Treue
Casbah Rock

Post by Casbah Rock »

Or even he thinks he's a prostitute ! :shock:
SS-Rottenführer Kotzur
Zweite Kampfgruppe
1. SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
Meine Ehre Heißt Treue
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Hoffman Grink wrote:Tom? His name's not Tom........ :lol: :roll:
Heh heh, I think Kit Kat will probably tell you "tom" is a slang word for Paratrooper???? :roll:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

And there's me thinking a Tom as a recruit...... Well that's the thread truly derailed. Job done. Thanks.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Hoffman Grink wrote:And there's me thinking a Tom as a recruit...... Well that's the thread truly derailed. Job done. Thanks.
Oh well sorry Hoff, the thread was going round in circles anyway tbh!!! :roll:
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Peiper wrote:
Hoffman Grink wrote:And there's me thinking a Tom as a recruit...... Well that's the thread truly derailed. Job done. Thanks.
Oh well sorry Hoff, the thread was going round in circles anyway tbh!!! :roll:
Herr Peiper the thread was moving forward slowly . And our dear Kitkat is a MONG ! and as a recruit he would of been a crap hat
ImageImageImageImageImage
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

joe or crow = recruit in para reg or a new bloke in battalion

tom = a bloke in battalion that has been accepted and has got a regt tat!

crap hat = anyone that is not a member of the parachute regiment (this can inclue supporting non para regt units in the brigade that may or may not have passed p company)

so now thats out the way

to have a debate about a narrow minded view from the outside of what we do is a bit of a waste of time, i have only got involved because once the argument of "i am a reenactor and i am not responsable for the history" has been put forward the original problem is not there any more, as another has said there is no point in wanting acceptance from all corners it will never happen.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

ssparatrooper wrote:
to have a debate about a narrow minded view from the outside of what we do is a bit of a waste of time, i have only got involved because once the argument of "i am a reenactor and i am not responsable for the history" has been put forward the original problem is not there any more, as another has said there is no point in wanting acceptance from all corners it will never happen.
I for one would rather ALL of us are accepted on a broad scale. I'm not about exclusion and try to include everyone (although I stress not all at the same time.) I have to say - I find the bigoted b'stards WITHIN the hobby reprehensible whereas those outside the hobby I can to some extent forgive. What I'm driving at is - Maybe - just maybe we could help ourselves better.
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

Hoffman Grink wrote:
ssparatrooper wrote:
I for one would rather ALL of us are accepted on a broad scale. I'm not about exclusion and try to include everyone (although I stress not all at the same time.) I have to say - I find the bigoted b'stards WITHIN the hobby reprehensible whereas those outside the hobby I can to some extent forgive. What I'm driving at is - Maybe - just maybe we could help ourselves better.
Agree 100% with that one Paul
JRA site http://www.japanesereenacting.co.uk/

New Japanese reenactors forum

http://s13.invisionfree.com/IJA_Reenacting/

''i think the phrase ryhmes with clucking bell''
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

ssparatrooper wrote:joe or crow = recruit in para reg or a new bloke in battalion

tom = a bloke in battalion that has been accepted and has got a regt tat!

crap hat = anyone that is not a member of the parachute regiment (this can inclue supporting non para regt units in the brigade that may or may not have passed p company)

so now thats out the way

Thanks for that KK, thought i was going daft in my old age, unless Army slang has changed in
the last 15 yrs or so lol, anyway back to the thread, i agree again with what you're saying,
basically in a nut shell imho whatever we reenactors do there will always be narrow minded
arseoles about who will generalize and make assumptions no matter what we say or do and
that includes mops and certain reenactors alike!!

Why they do it who knows??, maybe they are misinformed or have been reading too many
John Sweeney articles lol, but they make these blinkered opinions and tbh nothing gonnar
change unfortunately, all we can do is try and educate but as somebody mentioned earlier,
they see the uniform first and thats it sadly!!! :cry:

Regards Pipes
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Peiper wrote: all we can do is try and educate

Regards Pipes
How - exactly? does anyone have a plan?
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

with the amount of shows allready available why do we need to force the ss issue on shows allready hell bent on banning them.

the shows who ban em will not change their policy until the regime at the top change
and new top knobs come in that have allready seen how shows can benefit by having ss groups amongst em.

i have allways said at the abbey the day ss is denied i will walk.......and will encourage groups to follow.
if it means the show will carry on ..ok ..but i feel it will become just another whitewash show

eduction...........?
who do we educate..the show organisers....... or the public

the show organisers show contempt to us reenactors by not allowing us to freely reenact what we choose........they use excuses of dont want to upset the public
in reality they dont want to get themself a bad name...

i contacted the royal signals museum four or five years ago to ask if i could come down with some of our guys.. to one of thier shows
i was asked what do i portray ..i told em whermacht signals.
the next thing i got was ..." we dont want any nazi's marching all over the site"
direct qoute :roll:
so they missed out on the enigma and other radio equiptment ...now i will never ever suport that venue
so education would only work on the organisers if they a willing to learn.

to be honest i dont think we will change the views of the shows who dont want ss at the venues ..
and to be honest i feel the public are missing out because of the organisers blind views.

solutions...?
i havent got any ..but would fully support any ideas brought forward
to change the views of the organisers who ban ss groups purely because of the history
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
meyer

Post by meyer »

the next thing i got was ..." we dont want any nazi's marching all over the site"
direct qoute
and here's the heart of the problem peoples total inability to separate party from state ie "why do you re-enact a nazi soldier" sure we have all heard that one lads. My answer is to ask "were all the soldier's in the falklands conservatives and suporters of fuhrer thacther?"or more recently "was everyone in iraq a follower of beloveded leader blair?"
Mikkel

Post by Mikkel »

Except that during the Falkland wars, the government was elected and could just as easily lose it's power. The nazi party was head of a totalitarian state, and thus all elements of the official state was indeed representative of the state.

Return to “General”