GD Photograph.

General WWII and Reenactment Topics Only. Post anything else in Off Topic, please.
Tychsen

GD Photograph.

Post by Tychsen »

Having been over in Belgium / Netherlands at the weekend I did spend some time in Brussels North and Antwerp Central railway stations waiting for connection show me a newsagent stand and I will show the owner a small profit as I can't resist the WW2 related press.

Most folks will know "Militaria" - the current issue has a good article on the accessory items for the K-98 as per usual well illustrated and so well so that the french text is not too hard work.
I had seen the magazine in a friends house and made the mental note , "bring a copy home".

Whilst picking up "Militaria" I was easily seduced by a copy of "Ligne De Front" for a well illustrated article on the Allied landings at Narvik and an article on "Bagration" - , one striking photo from this magazine shows this highly decorated man from "G.D." which for a number of reasons is worth a long hard look....apart from this the small ads section are always worth a look for items and books , I guess I am easy...
Attachments
Save.JPG
Save.JPG (139.84 KiB) Viewed 3002 times
Hoffman Grink

Re: GD Photograph.

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Ehrenspange - Lovely decoration - If suddenly see loads IK hold you directly responsible!!!!!! :lol:
Nice pic - Bauer will probably tell who he is when he sees it.
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

Yes , would love to know who the man is and if indeed he survived the war. :)
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Is that the cloth version of the German Cross in gold???
Never saw one being actually worn before, well close
up anyway!!! :o, (mmmm German Cross in gold...lol)
nice pic.

Pipes
Jungmann

Post by Jungmann »

The photograph is of Oberfeldwebel Karl "Schwapp" Schwappacher. Zugfuhrer of 17.(IG)/Pzr Gr Rgt GD
Paul Jungmann
Oberleutnant
2Kp Pzr Gren Rgt Groβdeutschland
http://www.panzergd.co.uk
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

Paul
The photograph is of Oberfeldwebel Karl "Schwapp" Schwappacher. Zugfuhrer of 17.(IG)/Pzr Gr Rgt GD
Cheers Paul , very grateful for your putting a name to this highly decorated officer , very much appreciated. :)

Did he survive the war and avoid Russian captivity ?
(I do hope so).
Following your providing his name , "Google" threw this up http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread. ... -cardboard

Thank you Paul. :)

Return to “Anything WWII!”