Ice Pick covers for you!

Moderator: les hearn

SOT(D)

Ice Pick covers for you!

Post by SOT(D) »

Perhaps you have a "new" ice pick. They are great to have, but, if I stick it inside the rucksack, instead of between body and bag, will it tear anything, poke a hole through the bag? Not if you have the leather covers for pick and the adze! I have photos of the first set I made for a Swiss ice pick, with the blade covers being of a typical style, and the obnoxious safety-red-spike-protector given a more period look...unfortunately they do not load. I resize them, but the same "too large" red letter flash upon downloading. I will figure it out
The blade/pick covers were dyed after assembly, but all future items will be dyed brown/black before sewing. The spike protector is un-dyed, but will match the others soon enough.
So, if you would like this for your naked pick, drop me a line. I will need measurements of your tool....no puns, please,.. such as blade to tip length, blade width, as well as height/width of the pick. If you have one of those plastic spike tips, mail it, and I will wrap it as part of the set, gratis. I will be trying different methods of wrapping/sewing, as well as some sort of securing cord to tie to the wrist-strap ring.

I have be doing leather work for 30 years now, and put these together the other night because I wanted to dress up the ice pick. Let me help get yours squared away too!

Send me an e-mail address, and I can send you pictures!
Unfortunately, I cannot offer any sort of markings, sorry.
Black or Brown leather with white stitching.
Open face buckle (minor variations) or roller buckle(usually from ATF)...or you supply your own, period or otherwise.

$30.00 plus $5.00 shipping CONUS...overseas should not be bad, as all fits into a small padded envelope.
11th RGT/6thSS Nord- 1/508th PIR
1/5thSFG-3/20thSFG-3/11thSFG
-always looking for details on Nord IDs and soldbuchs
gebirgs soldat

Re: Ice Pick covers for you!

Post by gebirgs soldat »

Do you have photos?
"Alte Soldaten Sterben Nicht" - "Old Soldiers Never Die"

Walter Ritter
4te Kompanie, 98th GJR
California Historical Group (CHG)
L.A., California