Gebirgsjager Anorak

Moderator: les hearn

Jägermeister

Re: Gebirgsjager Anorak

Post by Jägermeister »

Last edited by Jägermeister on Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goethe

Post by Goethe »

New anorak on the market! Construction looks fantastic, but once again they botched the color. Why can no one ever get the color right? :evil:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-GERMAN-MOU ... 35c2e702bd

Goethe

Post by Goethe »

They even made this one, which actually is a really good pattern of telo camo, but completely novelty in relation to original items.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-GERMAN-ITA ... 35c2e70213

Olly

Post by Olly »

Perhaps it's worth emailing him with a picture of the correct colour, if enough people do maybe he would correct it. I just sent him a link to some original examples and also asking about the windproof trousers to complete the set.

Looks like a good repro, has anyone had any other items from this company?
Gebirgsziege

Post by Gebirgsziege »

It makes me cringe to see these companies put so much effort into their products, but then seem to lose heart at achieving higher levels of accuracy and detail. It’s almost like 80% of the total package is good enough…Such a shame. While they will always get purchases from the “novelty” collectors, they could pick up even more sales if they made a better product that also gained the attentions of reenactors.
Goethe

Post by Goethe »

All he needs to do is change the fabric color on it and he is golden, he has a few other items in his store which are made of the same color weight as original examples.

The pattern on these look really good though! Hopefully he can make one in a nice tan, or green, not the current blue material he's got.
Gebirgsziege

Post by Gebirgsziege »

Goethe,

pm sent.
Olly

Post by Olly »

Did anyone else get in touch with him to suggest colour improvements & the production of the matching trousers?
Hans Kurtz

Post by Hans Kurtz »

Hello team,

In terms of the anorak saga.....I purchased a brilliant one made and supplied by 'Sam's Militaria' in Japan.
The sample I have and use in reenacting, is an 'early version' of Sam's. The newer sample,differs in the coloured material and the repro compressed paper buttons are far too small. The one I purchased has the correct material ( even compared it to an original ) one layer from a mouse-grey / tan to off white reverse side.
The current production are a bit on the small side again...and a bit short on length.
I managed to get a pile of correct buttons from germany...but had to colour them half in a redy brown shade.
'Aviator' or the dealer on Ebay trading under that name, makes the tan version currently but the sizing is out...not really suitable for a European proportioned shape. Like most repros the wrist metal adjuster is a shocker too.The buttons you throw away with all repros and replace, along with the cord ties (except Gavins, he has improved the cord used) At least the fabric is in one layer but is a little thick. The white side was just too bright so I sprayed a water down colour wash to give the white side an aged 'patina look'.
My team of reenactors have the 'Aviator' made anoraks but they need work and modifying, especially in the button department. Also get a size bigger than what you think you need as they run a little short in length too. I have enclosed some images of my repro anoraks for comparisons.The older Sams Mili is the best , the newer one of his is ok fabric wise.... then there is Gavins, colour a bit yellow. Can I also put in a very positive push for Gavins service and efforts to improve his standards in his line of items on offer.
Attachments
The 3 anoraks for flap comparison and white.jpg
The 3 anoraks for flap comparison and white.jpg (130.34 KiB) Viewed 10077 times
Newer Sams Mili anorak.jpg
Newer Sams Mili anorak.jpg (161.2 KiB) Viewed 10077 times
New and old Sams Mili anoraks.jpg
New and old Sams Mili anoraks.jpg (159.67 KiB) Viewed 10077 times
3rdssmann

Post by 3rdssmann »

Great write up Hans Kurtz! Thanks for the info
Gebirgsziege

Post by Gebirgsziege »

Servus Kameraden,

Yes Hans, excellent write up! Your time and information is much appreciated. :)

Berg heil!
Ludwig
Hans Kurtz

Post by Hans Kurtz »

Danke

I try to help where and when I can kameraden.....as has been mentioned, the anorak saga needs dealers to 'cut the cloth' correctly and strive upwards as we bergmen do, and get things right from the start. Most think getting the first sale will do....but they forget that that sale will multiply, when a happy customer passes on the dealers details to a friend in the hobby.

I believe the LB sample is double layered? white and one in tan?....again not correct....but it has the correct other details..esp the metal wrist adjuster parts...

Karl fur Hochgebirgsjager 4 (NZ)
Attachments
Our new flag.jpg
Our new flag.jpg (156.67 KiB) Viewed 10043 times
Hoch 4 at Wanaka.jpg
Hoch 4 at Wanaka.jpg (149.29 KiB) Viewed 10043 times
Anorak adjuster1.jpg
Anorak adjuster1.jpg (33.74 KiB) Viewed 10043 times
Goethe

Post by Goethe »

Contacted the seller to see if he would consider changing the color weight on his uniforms, lets see if anything comes from it.

Halle

Post by Halle »

Some great posts and information here gentlemen , many thanks for your efforts ! It does sometimes pay to contact the better sellers and point out the discrepancies in their products - after all , as Goethe says , they'll sell far more of an ACCURATE product than one that is not .

Horrido Bergkameraden !
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
Christian_Jaeger

Post by Christian_Jaeger »

I have an important question.
What about the trousers? Are they any good from Gavin? Are they avaible at SAMS?
Adjutant, I./Ski-Jäger Regiment 1, 1.Ski-Jäger Brigade

Return to “Gebirgsjaeger”