2. Kompanie, Bataillon I, Pzrgr-Regiment 60, 116 Pzr Div

Any group news, info or publicity you'd like to share.
Kammler

2. Kompanie, Bataillon I, Pzrgr-Regiment 60, 116 Pzr Div

Post by Kammler »

As AFRA became the association that it was always designed to be, 2007 saw the emergence of a new ‘Windhund’ re-enactment group based around some veterans of the old group along with some new faces.

What hasn't changed is that we continue to display as the ordinary fighting troops of the 116th Panzer Division throughout it’s engagements in 1944-45, primarily as soldiers of the 2nd Kompanie, Bataillon I, Panzergrenadier-Regiment 60, more specifically as the most basic unit within that Kompanie the ‘Nine-man squad’ based around the MG team and lead by an Unteroffizier. Additionally, as the situation or event allows we will expand our impression and display as the recon troops of Panzer-Aufklärung-Abteilung 116, or as the Panzer troopers of Panzer-Regiment 16. We intend to do this as accurately as research and materials will allow us in an effort to better educate ourselves and the public at large about this part of history that is often overlooked or misinterpreted.

As a group we are committed to historical accuracy which we carefully research and document and this is reflected in the period uniforms, equipment, vehicles and weapons that we display. We also research and learn the tactics and drill that the ‘Landser’ would have known at that time to further improve our impression. We strive to maintain this high standard of authenticity to show as accurately as possible how the ordinary German Soldier of 1944-45 lived in the field and how he fought in the greatest conflict the world has ever known. We are committed to help keep this part of history alive for future generations to learn from!

Our group participates in many Living History Events throughout the UK and have also been involved in film work in the past and just like the real ‘Windhund Division’ has an impressive lineage to follow. We would like to express our gratitude to those that have gone before in this Groups previous incarnations and offer the commitment of those that have remained as the core of the new Group and for those that will join the group in the future to ensure that ‘Der Windhund’ continues going from strength to strength!

Check out our new revised website (http://www.windhund.org.uk), it's cool, well we think so and has a certain 'William Shatner' influence to it if you get my drift! :lol:
Last edited by Kammler on Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
116 Panzer Division 'der Windhund'
Zäh wie Leder Hart wie Kruppstahl und Flink wie ein Windhund

GRAUWULF

HELP!!!!!

Post by GRAUWULF »

Any of you guys who can attend the bulge/winter training at Ancaster on 3/4 Nov would be most appreciated I have quite a few Axis units so far but wanna make this a graet future gig. Please look at the thread on this and the ww2 forum. Your help is appreciated in this!!!
Cheers
Chris
Kammler

Post by Kammler »

I believe that we have a prior engagement for those dates but would be willing to help you with future gigs.

Best of luck for this event though!
116 Panzer Division 'der Windhund'
Zäh wie Leder Hart wie Kruppstahl und Flink wie ein Windhund

Shergar

Re: 2. Kompanie, Bataillon I, Pzrgr-Regiment 60, 116 Pzr Div

Post by Shergar »

would you add our link to your web links

http://www.kgkireland.com

thanks shergar

Return to “Your Reenactment Group”