SS Blurred edge Zeltbahn.

RZM

SS Blurred edge Zeltbahn.

Post by RZM »

If anyone has a SS Blurred edge zelt they care to part with I'd love to buy it from you..I've found every pattern but..
I know one place that makes them but was warned to steer clear of doing business with them..the source was reputable. Please p.m. me with details,pics or info..
"Was ist das?"
"Ihr gefrorenesfleisch medaille. Rot,weiss und schwarz,fur blut,schnee und tod."
Viktor Kauer

Re: SS Blurred edge Zeltbahn.

Post by Viktor Kauer »

Did they even exist?
ShaneH

Post by ShaneH »

yes
2nd kompanie. 1st SS div. L.A.H
MG GUNNER
BGC
RZM

Post by RZM »

They did..and are not common. Early war Item.
"Was ist das?"
"Ihr gefrorenesfleisch medaille. Rot,weiss und schwarz,fur blut,schnee und tod."
Viktor Kauer

Post by Viktor Kauer »

What about SM Wholesale? Can't get any better than that!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WWII-German-B ... 1064416279
SplinterA

Post by SplinterA »

Thats a different print to his older version, looks to be less 'blur' to the edge. Colours are not the same either.
RZM

Post by RZM »

Lol..it's funny you mention SMW. I ended up ordering one from there. They aren't like the original run he did,which is what I was hoping to find,but this run is pretty nice as well. True 18" repeat ect. The fall side looks diffrent to me..meh..I'm not gonna split hairs over it. I'm sure there were color variations with the originals as well. The more I look at German equipment the more I realise just how varied everything was. There were standards,but a lot of those fell by the wayside with a war on and things going ever worse. I bought 3 German lighters. All three unused,made by the same manufacturer. All the same model. Everyone was diffrent. The overall dimensions were there,but in production,some were off here,others there...I find the varied look of items to be interesting. It also makes it hell for a collector lol..particularly camo anything. 1/2 overlay,3/4 overlay ect. Ect..it's a nightmare lol.
As for the zelt,it's U.S. made,and finding one in blurred edge is next to impossible,so I'm happy to have found one at all..plus those eBay photos suck. It may have just been the lighting,or camera. (crosses fingers)
When it arrives I'll get some quality pics and post them. If your looking for a zelt in blurred edge,for an early war impression,is recommend doing it soon. There's not many of these left...
Reguards...
RZM
"Was ist das?"
SplinterA

Post by SplinterA »

SMW blurred edge has seen a couple of variations in colour in it's lifetime. There is the usual scheme you see and a more unusual version with a 'mint green' cast to it. I have a zelt in this colour I'm sure. I must dig it out.
Its just a variation like their blue palm print.
There are plenty of variations in the original prints, you only have to scan a book on SS camo to see that.
RZM

Post by RZM »

True,and a few hybrid originals as well..there was a version of plane tree that the black patterns were screened over oak A colors which were rolled to save time..both screened,and rolled..I've seen some poor quality cammo that's orange...a lot of diffrent green shades on blurred edge,and many variations on the fall side... I have a good smock and the colors are nice..

As for who made this type II smock,I couldn't tell you. I traded a black wool panzerwrap from Hessen Antique. Even trade really. Out of all the cammo I always liked the look of blurred edge..so that's what I'm sticking with. Although, a few items I get will be oak A or B..to have all one cammo boarders being farb. It just wasn't the case in WWII. It was far more common to have varied patterns..if a full rig at all..of all the mixed looks I love the regular feldgrau tunic,and 44dot trousers..that always looked sharp to me.
"Was ist das?"
RZM

Post by RZM »

No longer in the market for a blurred edge Zeltbahn. Mine arrived from SMW yesterday. Love it. Top notch. And you are correct..it is less blurred edge than the previous run...it almost looks as if the screens may have been clogged a bit from use? I know this happened with the originals as well...the screens are only good for so many uses before new ones have to be made. I kinda like this to be honest. Gives it that war time,time to change the screens look..
"Was ist das?"
peiper1944

Post by peiper1944 »

Drifting from the point slightly, with SMW camo
have noticed his new prints seem slightly lighter??

I recently bought an SM Oakleaf B lid cover directly
from SM, the colours seem lighter, faded almost but
on the ebay site he still has the old stock photo's
which what i wanted tbh so be aware.

Maybe he has changed his printing surplier as i heard
where he gets the printing done ( a wallpaper printing works)
they were getting fed up with printing all his camo patterns :|

Pipes
Staff-Sgt, British Airborne Pathfinders Unit (Ex SBG)

ww2airbornegroup.webs.com
RZM

Post by RZM »

On my zelt,the colors are nice and dark,but like previously stated,less of a blur around the edges..at work currently,I'll post pics when I get in.
"Was ist das?"
SplinterA

Post by SplinterA »

It's a long shift you work? :D
Would love some pics if you get chance.
RZM

Post by RZM »

Sorry splinter A! Been a busy cat and sidetracked by the helmet project I'll get pics up today,promise!
"Was ist das?"
RZM

Post by RZM »

Again,sorry for the delay Kamerad..I took a bunch of photos,I'm hoping you can get a idea of the colors,the lighting in my room isn't the greatest..as far as I know,SMW is the only company making blurred edge zelts,and your not going to find ones built better than these. Good thick material,the dish buttons are sewed incredibly well,and the stitching is top notch. The hardware isn't lacking either. Was thrilled when this arrived..
"Was ist das?"

Return to “Wanted”