Blank fire guns

6gbjnord

Blank fire guns

Post by 6gbjnord »

Hi there,
Our reenactment club searching to buy blank fire mg42/53, mp38/40 and k98. It can be made from deact guns or newly made.
Best Regards
Crazy Feldgendarme

Re: Blank fire guns

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Depends where you are in the world if in the UK then you cant get the MG 42/53 simples as they would come under section 5 of the firearms act. MG 38/40,s come up in the UK ocasionaly as blank fire conversions and a few as complete builds from scratch. K98 the only way you can get a blank firere in the UK is to ghet a section 1 live firer stating for blanks only, thats my slant on the situation here in the UK other countries will have different laws and im sure someone will give you answers to that but first let us kone where you are in the world.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
SplinterA

Post by SplinterA »

I dont think he is UK based.
Blank fire guns cannot be made from deacts in the UK without a section 5 permission.
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

you can also get a bored out k98/bolt action on a shotgun license, but finding these is rare.
Name: Jonathan
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
SplinterA

Post by SplinterA »

The shotgun versions must have their magazine capacity reduced.
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

if he is wanting an mg that will do simulated gunfire, then gas fireing is the way to go in the UK, unless they can get a section 5 FAC but this is highly restricted.
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
SplinterA

Post by SplinterA »

Gas fire are still not convincing as MG substitutes. Mostly they dont get used like an MG and because of that, in my personal opinion, they just dont sound like an MG.
I was at Fraught Appalling on the saturday and watched the silliness that was the battle there. The American 82nd had one that putted away at the back. I think the axis forces knew it wasnt a real gun as they totally ignored the fire from it that was being poured onto them.
A shame as I thought the 82nd were one of the better groups along with the East Yorks and other Brits on the left of the display area.
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

short of a section 5 thats the only way in the uk, unless u build one with another gun inside
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
SplinterA

Post by SplinterA »

Section 5 is perhaps the best way.
In most little wars at small events 1 MG would clear the whole field in seconds. Do without them if all you have for cover is some hessian on sticks? Rifles, smg and pistols are enough?
We you at Fort Paull this year with NWW2a? Did you see how few Germans fell to the Yanks MG? I know its theatre but even films attempt some accuracy with casualties?
We all do these battles, I saw one where 2 jeeps had 4 gas mg between them inc 1 .50cal and the allies still lost to 10 Germans. The fingers were never off the triggers on the gas guns. Brilliant.
When I last displayed at Fort Paull some 10 years ago they had section 5 hire. The firepower demo had Mg34 and 42.
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

they had an mg, where? must have been silenced, the second battle went a bit tits up anyway, didnt even notice an mg in the first one.
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
SplinterA

Post by SplinterA »

They did what every other gas gun owner does.
Spend 15 minutes before every battle trying to get it to run. Bit of a give away. It was down the bottom end of the field on that rusty tank near where their mortar was.
It was Sunday rather than Saturday, wasnt open on Saturday was it.
Why did the bloke with the SdKfz222 paint it bright yellow?
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

we were open monday too, sundays battle, we had to win, none of us even heard the mg, the brits one is better, its a sten in a casing. as for this chap getting a section 5, they are highly restricted for film and event armourers. dont ask about the 222, we all said the same, thats my old unit lol.
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten

Return to “Wanted”