Lowboots wanted

Edwards5851

Lowboots wanted

Post by Edwards5851 »

Hi there, I'm after a pair of repro german Lowboots in a size 8 (UK) or 9
I'm happy if they're sweedish ones but NO Sturm boots please!

Many thanks

Joel
POA1944

Re: Lowboots wanted

Post by POA1944 »

I got my M42 Low Boot's from this website (Mantheline.com).They are great quality and hold up well too.

http://mantheline.com/products.php?cat=102
In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine.
-Erwin Rommel

Grenadier Erich Kessler

Sta.Kp.Gren.Ers.Btl.199

II./984. Grenadier Regiment 275. Infanterie
Edwards5851

Post by Edwards5851 »

Cheers mate!

Joel
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

Be aware, while those boots aren't Sturm, and they are marginally better, they are still poorly put together, with crap leather, and pish metalwork.

There is no stitching on the arches, or the heel. There is no stitching on the insole what so ever. Everything is glued and 'nailed' - I use the term nailed, but I'm being generous. More like manly staples.

The leather the sole is made from is soft to the point that a noticable 'fold' or crease will appear at the base of the arch. The leather the uppers are made from is reasonable, however it is thin. The toe's are reenforced with a second bit of leather inside, glued into the toe. This gives a strange sound, almost like a rustling carrier bag when flexed.

You get what you pay for though, cheap boots never last.
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.
Edwards5851

Post by Edwards5851 »

Yeah fair point there, I best save up for some Berger ones then lol

Thanks for the info though

Regards

Joel
POA1944

Post by POA1944 »

GraemeMac wrote:Be aware, while those boots aren't Sturm, and they are marginally better, they are still poorly put together, with crap leather, and pish metalwork.

There is no stitching on the arches, or the heel. There is no stitching on the insole what so ever. Everything is glued and 'nailed' - I use the term nailed, but I'm being generous. More like manly staples.

The leather the sole is made from is soft to the point that a noticable 'fold' or crease will appear at the base of the arch. The leather the uppers are made from is reasonable, however it is thin. The toe's are reenforced with a second bit of leather inside, glued into the toe. This gives a strange sound, almost like a rustling carrier bag when flexed.

You get what you pay for though, cheap boots never last.

The (1st pattern) He has which are "Early" M44 low boots .**It is basically the same as the Mod. 37 except the hooks have been replaced with the standard eyelets**.from Mantheline are just like originals when I compared them.Stitching detail is correct and all.I even had correct R.B.Nr maker stamping's added (as seen on originals) The soles are great and don't break apart like Sturm's. I have also yet to loose one hobnail.And I waterproofed them and they now are dark brown.And I have added leather laces.

Here is a photo of the pair I use for my impression.I only paid $120.00 USD with Free Shipping and these hold up well & last.Everyone I talked to that also have had these for a long time and have been to a lot of events also say these hold up nicely."Some" people have lost a hobnail or two after a long time.And that's about the only thing I have heard that has happened so far.

So,I must respectfully & Strongly Disagree with you "GraemeMac" on everything you say.Let me ask.Do you own a pair of these boots??.I have no idea where you get your information..These are Quality German Low Boot's.Some people can't spend a ton of cash on footwear.And these are really nice quality and don't cost a ton of money.
Attachments
M42lows.jpg
M42lows.jpg (81.85 KiB) Viewed 3256 times
-Erwin Rommel

Grenadier Erich Kessler

Sta.Kp.Gren.Ers.Btl.199

fsb40_85

Post by fsb40_85 »

Ahh another boot/shoe stitch natzee like me....... :lol:

I dont have some of the mentioned boots and cannot say something about them
BUT I HAVE TO AGREE WITH HERR GraemeMac
You get what you pay for though, cheap boots never last
so i would take those czech superb stuff..........

best regards
Detlef
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

Feel free to disagree, the point of forums is to discuss things, and that will sometimes mean disagreeing.

Do I own a pair? No, thankfully. I have worked on a pair however, and I also have the misfortune of owning jackboots from the same manufacturer.

They are crap, and not a patch on boots constructed with decent materials, and constructed in a traditional manner.
POA1944

Post by POA1944 »

That's your're opinion.
-Erwin Rommel

Grenadier Erich Kessler

Sta.Kp.Gren.Ers.Btl.199

GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=20328

That speaks for itself.
Heini

Post by Heini »

I have two pairs of lowboots. Both from Czech quality suppliers. One pair is from Joki, one from Svec Koutny. I´ve been using it for more than two years and almost without problem (just 3 nails down from all 4 shoes total). But I´m really taking care of them - I protect it with honey cream for shoes (every time before using). And everytime after using it, I clean the shoes and than I protect it with oils and creams.
One friend of mine bought a pair of Sturm shoes and it was ruined during first action. On the other hand, I have friend which is having pair for the same time and only some nails went out. but he takes extreme care of it.
Uffz. Heinrich Wiegrewe
1/Jnf.Rgt.18
"Kein Regiment soll besser sein!"
http://www.kvhwurm.cz
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that how people must walk has a bearing on boot life, particularly the cheaper brands!! :mrgreen:
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
Mooyman

Post by Mooyman »

It's simpel: the Czech lowboots are far the best made..
But still you can loose a hobnail,like the originals did.

The best repro is an original...

Return to “Wanted”