Tropical Y straps

Heini

Tropical Y straps

Post by Heini »

Looking for nice high quality replica of Tropical Y straps. No postwar Czech conversion. Thanks for your offers lads :wink:
Uffz. Heinrich Wiegrewe
1/Jnf.Rgt.18
"Kein Regiment soll besser sein!"
http://www.kvhwurm.cz
Stigroadie

Re: Tropical Y straps

Post by Stigroadie »

At the Front have what is just about the best repro.
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

They are indeed excellent.
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.
Heini

Post by Heini »

thanks guys. Yes, I know about the ATF repro. But ordering from USA is not good for me because of paying VAT etc. So I was thinking if someone from here has some good ones. I need to have brand new, used are welcome :wink:
Pz Gren Hoffmann

Post by Pz Gren Hoffmann »

You can get the SMW ones from lomax in germany.
fieldgrey

Post by fieldgrey »

at the front? im not impressed by the way they chose different coloured web, and didnt make seven holes in the backstrap. decision to make 'rare variant' in my opinion was an unwise one. i recommend 1944 militaria ones too, or s&m, and available from lomax (i think)or soldier of fortune i think. these are the right colour and have gone to the small trouble of having the backstrap with seven holes-by the far the most common type seen today. plus the web colour is all the same. and a nice khaki.
feldman

Post by feldman »

..alright, i can sell mine, from SMW. Used once, 1 hour walk, as new. $90 - shipping included in price.
Retired & Armed
Pz Gren Hoffmann

Post by Pz Gren Hoffmann »

fieldgrey wrote:at the front? im not impressed by the way they chose different coloured web, and didnt make seven holes in the backstrap. decision to make 'rare variant' in my opinion was an unwise one. i recommend 1944 militaria ones too, or s&m, and available from lomax (i think)or soldier of fortune i think. these are the right colour and have gone to the small trouble of having the backstrap with seven holes-by the far the most common type seen today. plus the web colour is all the same. and a nice khaki.
I'm thinking about selling my SMW ones and get one from ATF instead ;) Mismatch webbing was very common. And they have gone trough the "small" trouble to make woven holes in the back strap, wich was far more common than sewn, like on the ones from SMW. Wich i my opinion is a bigger issue than the number of holes. The ones 1944 carries are from SMW by the way.

I find your opinions quite funny, because ATF has some comments that seem to be directed to you, on their site ;) (not trying to be an ass or anything, just an observation)
Color: Several people have complained that these "aren't khaki". Yeah, here we go with khaki again...but it is true. They aren't. Our color is one of several shades found on original German webbing when it was new from the factory- not worn and faded. Our material does and will fade- at which point it begins to acquire more "khakiness". For photos of original webbing and more on the color it really was, how it fades etc, etc go to the Tropical Fieldgear section page.

Variations: Not all originals are identical! A few "learned professors" have whined about the thread count of the webbing, the number of the button holes in the backstrap, the shade of the thread or the color of the hardware, they want the color of the straps to match their hat, etc, etc.. The real-used-in-WWII German web Y-straps had about half a dozen variations for every component. I chose the most typical or efficient of each aspect. If you don't like something about these, too bad so sad I guess this ain't your day.
(I do intend to make one other variation with the "tilted" D-rings at some point in the future- but I have no estimate as to when.)
https://www.atthefrontshop.com/searchre ... sp?cat=364
ATF's Web German Fieldgear

The construction of German webbing itself has always been an obstacle in making truly accurate reproductions of this equipment. In typical German fashion, everything was purpose made and simplicity was not a consideration. The weave and structure is very different from US or British materials. After 15 years, we finally found a company in Pennsylvania that still had the old style shuttle looms that can make this complex material. We are now able to offer the tapered widths and woven buttonholes that make WWII German webbing so peculiar. I even made sure to develop several subtle shade variations amongst the different sizes of webbing- originals rarely have perfectly matching components. Neither will ours. However, all of this was extremely expensive. We have invested nearly $100,000 in the materials and hardware to make these products. Compared to other copies, the price is high, but these products have no equal- they are identical to the originals in every way, except age.

German Webbing Color, etc

There are always a few people who are disappointed that I don't choose to make the color or variation that they want or believe to be THE correct one. Some accuse me of lying about originals to hide mistakes or flaws in our products. Most of these individuals seem to have only a cursory knowledge of the originals, so we may as well educate them. The most common complaint, is the simplest- color. Just as we did with the US gear and the khaki nazis, we shall now do the same for the German gear. However, rather than being restricted to "it's not khaki" these guys at least offered more variety. It has been about an even mix of deeming our webbing not brown, green, gray or khaki enough. At least it's not quite so monotonous as "khaki, khaki, khaki".
For those special people who seem suspicious that I could actually own any original gear...remember, paranoia isn't healthy. I have about half a dozen or more real examples of most German fieldgear. As for webbing, I lucked into 135 original tropical clothing bags about 3 years ago. Each bag often has multiple shades & types of web, so I may now have more examples of German webbing than anyone else. I was thus lucky enough to have plenty of real parts to send out for production samples, without having to destroy more expensive items, although one set of web Y-straps was cut. And for the perpetual malcontents, yes, I suppose I could have made all these pics up in Photoshop or aged some repros just to perpetuate my fraud. That can be our little secret, OK? Genius is such a burden to bear...

School is open:
https://www.atthefrontshop.com/ProductD ... fgtropystr
fieldgrey

topical why ? straps

Post by fieldgrey »

at the end of the day, pay your money and make your choice. there are just about enough types out there S&M, AtF, etc, to suit everyone, thank god.
Gusbucket13

Post by Gusbucket13 »

Club1943 on eBay does some very nice ones - they are a secondary ID of Hikishop, had a quick look for you but couldnt see any listed right now though their webbing combat A frame and and webbing trim breadbag are on, and simply the best copies out there.

Chris C
Quote 'Chris Coxon is longer in the tooth in this game than a Hairy Mammoth.......' unquote
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Hiki seems to have gone from E-bay. Their website has gone too.
feldman

Post by feldman »

He seem to have some problems with Paypal ?
dear,
thank you for the message.
i'm sorry for the inconvenience.
paypal doesn't allow me to sell wwii items, especially German items
they held my account:(
i still need time to handle this case

now,
i just accpet payment by western union and bank wire transfer temporarily. extra 5% off discount provided.

any questions pls let me know
Retired & Armed
fieldgrey

Post by fieldgrey »

Gusbucket13 wrote:Club1943 on eBay does some very nice ones - they are a secondary ID of Hikishop, had a quick look for you but couldnt see any listed right now though their webbing combat A frame and and webbing trim breadbag are on, and simply the best copies out there.

Chris C
thanks for your good advice there. are you still wanting any scarves incidentally?
Gusbucket13

Post by Gusbucket13 »

At the moment poor health in the shape of a bad back has stopped me taking a census of who in the unit would want them so I am hanging fire for now, If theyre all gone by the time I get a chance to come back to you with a definitive figure then I guess thats just my bad luck. As soon as I know Ill let you know.
Cheers
Chris C
Quote 'Chris Coxon is longer in the tooth in this game than a Hairy Mammoth.......' unquote
fieldgrey

Post by fieldgrey »

get well soon, sir. :^)

Return to “Wanted”