Dismal service: By the Sword

Traders welcome, although please make trading status obvious.

Moderators: Jaws, berlin1945

Parsifal

Dismal service: By the Sword

Post by Parsifal »

Not sure if this is the right topic to air this out but here it goes...
I ordered a german WWII M43 hat back in Dec 04 2011 that came in the wrong size. I was told to return it for an exchange and would be refunded the postal fees. I was only refunded a part of my fees and was told (only after calling several times) that the item was on back order and it would take months to fill the order. At that point I cancelled the exchange and clearly asked to be issued a full refund. After several weeks I got no refund and today, after three months, I got a hat in the mail IN THE SAME WRONG SIZE AGAIN.
I'd had problems with this vendor before but this time its the last straw. Somehow they live in a universe where if they have something on back-order its OK to just send you a size up then ignore all your requests??? Blacklisting this one for sure, just wanted to let others know to thread carefully.
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this...
Stigroadie

Re: Dismal service: By the Sword

Post by Stigroadie »

Who from? Link to the site?
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Is this the place?
http://www.by-the-sword.com/index.html
I have one question, why?
With so many WW2 vendors why did you chose one that specializes in anything but WW2?
Especially as you have to pass their WW2 title page with some clown in an SS helmet with a sumpf smock?
No bells rang?
Not even cheap for standard Sturm stuff.
Parsifal

Post by Parsifal »

Needed some cheap hat, etc. with no insignias for a period mountaineering photo shoot. Of course I would't buy or use any of their stuff for reenacting. But no more that's for sure...

Return to “For sale”