NSU 251 OSL for sale!

Traders welcome, although please make trading status obvious.

Moderators: Jaws, berlin1945

jimmyvonk

Re: NSU 251 OSL for sale!

Post by jimmyvonk »

Can you advise what machine the front forks/headlamp/mudguard are off please, they do not look to be correct for a pre '45 NSU 251 OSL as per the parts book.
They look a bit like post war EMW or Jawa maybe... as such your price may be a little rich for a bitsa. :wink:
SS UntSch. Karl Schneider.
1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte AH - SBG
jimmyvonk

Post by jimmyvonk »

Sorry Joe,
But IMHO, it is not an original bike from WW2, it's certainly a nice looking bike with an interesting history to uncover, but is not correct for a wartime bike - which is what I assume you are advertising it as on a WW2 reenactors forum. To me it looks a fine example of mid 50's home tuning.

I just think possible purchasers should know the facts - correct forks could cost around £500+ and will only fit if the frame has not been modified to suit these unknown forks.

You say "At least my OSL is an original bike from WWII and not some Russian copy" when actually it maybe half of an orginal bike and half parts of unknown origin.

Also if you "don't know where the front end came from" how can you be sure "this particular type of fork was commonly used in road racing" :wink:

I myself have a 1936 NSU 201 ZDB, all original parts & known history so maybe I'm a bit of a stickler for the authentic - but then again, that's reenactment for you. :)
SS UntSch. Karl Schneider.
1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte AH - SBG
poggendorf

Post by poggendorf »

do you still have the lichtmachine/generator for sale?

Return to “For sale”