My 1/6th DeSimone Sherman Aquisition

pzrwest

Re: My 1/6th DeSimone Sherman Aquisition

Post by pzrwest »

Hey Paul don't put ideas like that into my head I'm just liable to try it. Actually the real deals don't have mirrors but in fact a solid piece of bp glass with mirrored coating on the angle sections and then over painted with paint
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

Well been awhile since I posted anything on my JD Sherman. So here's an update:
Since I have some leftover viper Sherman parts I figured it would be great to replace the rotomolded bogies and the track. For the rear idler I used the JD one. I split it into 2 halves then filled each half with some fiberfil bondo then before the bondo went off I put the 2 halves back together. I had the removed idler mounts from JC's Sherman and used them on the JD sherman. I had to replace the broken spring guides on the viper bogies with some aluminum flashing material. With some mods I mounted the viper bogies on the JD hull. Once painted should look alot better, and alot better than the stock rotomolded suspension and track. Here are pics of the latest work on the JD Sherman. Again comments are welcomed.... Harold
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

Well she's finally finished and before took her home I took some pics of her outside with natural light. It turned out quite nice for an el-cheapo Sherman. Main thing is Jack likes it and that's all that counts. Here are the pics... As always comments are welcome.... Thanks Harold
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

WOW! More than nice....... did you get any detail shots or any ground level ones? It looks VERY good.
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

Thanks Paul I would have liked to get some ground shots but the driveway is still muddy and too damn cold to be rolling around in the mud.
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Nice job, Harold. And for your next trick......... ? :D
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

You needed the before and after shots on the same page, to emphasise the difference between now and then:

littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Excellent mate love the detail you have done on this. I'm currently all tho slowed down now a Dragon 1:6 DAK Kubelwagen , already RC converted , I've just improved it more.

Andy

Return to “Computer Games, Modelling and Wargaming”