My RC 1/6th DML DAK Kubelwagen a WIP

pzrwest

My RC 1/6th DML DAK Kubelwagen a WIP

Post by pzrwest »

Well Earl of Earl's Treasures' DML DAK Kubelwagen is done and he picked it up this afternoon. I have turned my attention to building my DML DAK Kubelwagen, and decided to make it RC as well. Here are a few pics of the kubel with the RC gear and motor and steering in place.. Did a test run on the floor and runs very smooth. Will post pics as the build progresses. Of course comments are welcomed.... Harold
pzrwest

Re: My RC 1/6th DML DAK Kubelwagen a WIP

Post by pzrwest »

Update:
Here I have tidied up the radio section.
The next pics show the modification I did to the front wheels so they turn freely with less wobble. The hubcap will be held on with double sided tape to give access to the wheel nuts so axels can be lubed periodically.
as always comments welcomed.... Harold
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Coming along nicely as usual Harold look forward to some finished pictures mate.

Dave
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

Well I ordered the paint for it today as soon as it arrives I can start to paint it. Some things have to be painted prior to assembleing it, like the interrior for one thing....Thank you for the comments.... Harold
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Harold you are welcome mate, i always look forward to a new project from you, cos i marvell at your dedication and attention to detail.
I would love to see some of these jobs in the flesh so as to speak but i reckon with the miles between us that aint going to happen sadly.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

Update:
Since I have to wait for my paint order to arrive, I decided to re-work the seats in my Kubelwagen to look like the seats I found in a walk around pdf book I have on the Kubelwagen called VW Kübelwagen in Detail from Wings 7Wheels Publications. Here are a few pics of the new seats with a screen capture of the seats in the book. As always comments welcomed... Harold
Chorlitz|12.SS|

Post by Chorlitz|12.SS| »

Awesome, A great eye for detail sir. :)
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

Update:... LOTS OF PICS!!!!
Well my DAK Kubel is almost done. I have painted it with Tamyia XF59 desert paint. Have applied some weathering to the exterior useing good old pencil lead grindings, and rubbed on with my fingers(messy job). I have modified the height of the windshield and added clips to the windshield bumper stops. I found a picture of an antiaircraft mount used on kubels and and added it to the rear deck. Still need to make the hold down sraps for the tripod unit. I used a couple magnets removed form an old laptop harddrive, they are super strong magnets by the way, to hold the engine door on. I wanted it removeable for access to change battery for the rc system. I printed out a flag using photofabric and tied it over the spare tire for aircraft recognition. I will take some pics later of my 2 bashed DAK figures and post them in a different thread. As always comments welcomed..... Harold
mayfiebl

Post by mayfiebl »

Man that is nice...great job
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

Thank you mayfiebl
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

another fantastic piece of work Harold. Bravo