Red Orchestra 2

rednas

Re: Red Orchestra 2

Post by rednas »

42gunner wrote:There is a trade-off here. Yeah they're gonna make a single player from the German perspective. But more and more I see them trying to focus on Stalingrad so the game can have 0% in relation to the SS or anything political.

Atleast they wont politically sanitize everything like the Brothers In Arms series and the eagle patches without a Swastika.

Still, I see it as a narrowed look at one collosal front.
That way they could also choose for many other battles or fronts like Afrika. I think that this choise was more because of being one of being one of the most favorite battles by many people on the eastern front. Look at the first Red Orchestra (which did have SS) how many Stalingrad maps there are.
42gunner

Post by 42gunner »

RO OST had SS battles but no SS skins. It was all Wehrmacht.
But I guess theyre trying their best to keep the political units out of their games.

DH is the first and only mod to have SS type uniforms and smocks.
I love Mare Nostrum and entirely loathe Darkest Hour.
I love the idea of desert warfare and the Afrikakorps but....since eastern and central Europeans are the main creators behind these games they dont find the Meditarranean theater that romantic.
Altough Id love to see an RO2 mod for North Africa.
Pies

Post by Pies »

I think it had more to do with the general with the developers not wanting to use too much resources on different player models. There were only two different versions for each side, a summer and winter one, no differences between early and late war, and no Gebirgsjäger or Razverchiki uniforms either, even though they too were on several maps. I agree though, it would be great if they were all included.
Schnitzel

Post by Schnitzel »

Some new screenshots showing off the updated german models:

It is only a problem if you make it a problem

Member of the Dutch 116th Panzer Division 'Der Windhund' group
42gunner

Post by 42gunner »

it appears that the Pioniere finally have proper load-outs, and we might be able to use hand signals finally.
the squad leader has a binocular case too

Im still gonna be hugely dissapointed if it ends being a 1942 era game in multiplayer.
the post Stalingrad years were the best of the entire war IMO
Heinz O. Kaufmann

Post by Heinz O. Kaufmann »

Yeah, nice to see some different loadouts finally. Hopefully this works for other classes too (MG, sniper etc.)

But, whats with the woodland zeltbahn? :D
Schnitzel

Post by Schnitzel »

rednas

Post by rednas »

Those jackboots are waaaay to high :lol:
Schnitzel

Post by Schnitzel »

42gunner

Post by 42gunner »

I like it.
More realism will be added with actual human players, this bot killing stuff reminded me of the call of duty series. Somehow still reminds me of CoD2, re-made maps, fixed graphics and increased depth are my main observations.

Im gonna get some flak for this but.....I think I like the creativity of some of the current mods for the original game over this. These are just flashy graphics so far, nothing too groundbreaking, BiA had these graphics a year ago.
If they applied these new features to the current game and just introduced an add-on package Id be just as happy. The Pacific themed part of the game might be interesting tough.

C96s as a sidearm? seriously? SS-VT impression perhaps? :lol:
Schnitzel

Post by Schnitzel »

Also a bunch of new screenshots:

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/scr ... ngrad.html
42gunner wrote:I like it.
Im gonna get some flak for this but.....I think I like the creativity of some of the current mods for the original game over this. These are just flashy graphics so far, nothing too groundbreaking, BiA had these graphics a year ago.
If they applied these new features to the current game and just introduced an add-on package Id be just as happy. The Pacific themed part of the game might be interesting tough.
Well the thing is, the gaming industry is still a business, and adding content to a 2006 game won't sell nearly as well as bringing the graphics up to date and basically improving every aspect of the game in some way.

Ernst

Post by Ernst »

RO:HOS seems to be coming along nicely despite a lot of minor discrepancies in uniforms/equipment ect. But to expect perfection would be a little unrealistic of us. Let us also bear in mind that this game is only in it’s late alpha stages and will not be released until sometime in 2011. What we see now is not the finished product. There is till plenty of time for them to f*** it up even more. :wink: :lol:

Regards
Ernst
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

http://static.4players.de/premium/Scree ... medium.jpg
This bloke is in trouble if he pulls the trigger. :D
Very nice graphics though, wonderful dirty world.
42gunner

Post by 42gunner »

Sequels havent impressed me for a while. BiA was pretty good, got old and predictable at some points but way better than the first one.
CoD and BF series just werent worth the $50.

The best stand alone originals Ive seen like Men of War and Hidden and Dangerous 2 were only $20-30 and I still play them.
They were both unique in their features and literally unknown to "mainstream gamers"
Schnitzel

Post by Schnitzel »

First trailer, and damn is it awesome :shock:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-1 ... tra/703872

Return to “Computer Games, Modelling and Wargaming”