Maple Durham

Moderator: johankreig

pepperpot

Maple Durham

Post by pepperpot »

is confirmed as saturday and sunday Easter weekend, Approx location is J9/10 M4 Reading. this site backs onto the Thames. Arrival can be from pm on thursday and latest leaving is Monday morning. Hot food from Friday to Sunday night, Beer tent, and skirmish on both days. (Section 5 should be there next year) bring you own 'bang stick'. May be a US field kitchen, still waiting on this.

link
http://www.mapledurham.co.uk/contact/

contact
captaindave@live.co.uk

a recky of the site was carried last sunday, still boggy but no longer under water, another recky will be in 3 weeks to see how much has dried out
'THE EAGLE HAS LANDED'
graham
pepperpot

Re: Maple Durham

Post by pepperpot »

Ok the display area is drying out ready for easter sat/sun. For anyone who wants to attend on their own the LWS is now a combined units stand and will be a full living history area and a small display area. I have been informed that we have a slightly larger area than last year. If you want to do 1 or both days please email/pm me. If you can get a copy of your PL please bring it with you, although in 17+ years of re enactment i have never been asked for a pl cover note. The dates are sat 19th and sunday 20th. Access to the site is from thursday pm to leaving by midday monday. for any other info again please either email/pm me
graham
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

Maple Durham warning orders have been issued, if you are going and want a copy please email me,
graham
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

ok we are now 2 weeks away from this event, warning orders are posted, if you want a copy pm me. Remember its free entry with no parking charges, catering from friday am to monday pm, if you have got a period fishing rod (and license) bring that as well. The display area backs onto the Thames!! no swimming thou., fast water flow from weir.
graham
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

now confirmed 36+ units are attending, 12 + are axis units, look like a good weekend by the river and the weather also is looking good :D :D :D
wrist bands have arrived, any unit attending and not got these contact dave alloway (Captain Dave, 101 airborne) on facebook.
Guard duty and pass checks by all units during the weekend, (on a rota system)
Still not too late to make a visit, even if its only for 1 day!!!
graham

Return to “Announcements”