Finnish uniforms

Moderator: Pirkka

Fisto

Re: Finnish uniforms

Post by Fisto »

Back from the brink my good fellows.

Im currently somewhat busy organizing the mess that is my private life after my deployment, so the handling and organization of our tunics will remain in Bauer's steady hands for the immediately perceivable future. I will however continue to assist him in every possible way at my disposal (keep a look out for that great coat).

Man its cold out here!
Tomumme maassa
Nimemme kivessä
Isänmaa on vapaa!
Richk98

Post by Richk98 »

Welcome back :!: :!: :wink:
Rich
Kyrl

Post by Kyrl »

Hello guys,
I was looking for some finnish uniforms and I discovered this forum full of useful informations. So I tried the shops listed on the first page of this thread and especially Milpro, but did not found any reenactment clothes on it. I unfortunately don't speak finnish, so I could have missed something, but I'm pretty sure I explored the whole site. Is Milpro still proposing m36 wool uniforms?

Thank you (and sorry for my bad english if any mistake)
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

:) Hi Kyrl

Finnish repro uniforms are difficult to track down. Milpro used to supply summer tunics but the only way to be sure of contacting them is to phone (he speaks English but I understand that the business may have changed since my last dealing with them last year). I have a US supplied repro winter tunic but it does not exactly look like the real Finnish items (see other sections on uniform in the forum for pictures etc).
Peter Bauer

Post by Peter Bauer »

Milpro and the company that made the uniforms (milform) have separated and are no longer selling these items. However, we are currently establishing a deal with a chinese manufacturer to produce the uniforms and other items in large quantities and they will be sold in Varusteleka, Finland. (www.varusteleka.fi). They'll be available for foreign customers too. :)
Richk98

Post by Richk98 »

However, we are currently establishing a deal with a chinese manufacturer to produce the uniforms and other items in large quantities and they will be sold in Varusteleka, Finland. (www.varusteleka.fi). They'll be available for foreign customers too. :)
That's excellent news! i know we keep bugging you :oops: but keep us updated when they become available for us foreign Finns!

All the best,
Rich
Rich
Peter Bauer

Post by Peter Bauer »

Ofcourse I will!

It will be easier for foreign customers and for us, if we could finish that deal and start selling them professionally :P
Kyrl

Post by Kyrl »

Thanks for the answers.
That is indeed great news!
I suppose (and hope) it is a matter of months?
Peter Bauer

Post by Peter Bauer »

Can't be sure yet, will probably take something like 3 months at least.
Peter Bauer

Post by Peter Bauer »

Here's a comparison by the way!

The photos were taken by Speidel (also using this forum).
Repro M36 tunic

Real M36 tunic

Comparison side by side. Reproduction on left, issued item on right. The real jacket is missing the epaulettes, because this jacket was given to a soldier when he was discharged and thus had the rank epaulettes cut from the uniform.

Comparison of materials. Note the silly lions the chinese made on left, these need to be replaced. Issued item has faded and is worn.
Kyrl

Post by Kyrl »

Hello guys,
Any news concerning these repros of finnish uniforms by a chinese manufacturer? :)
Peter Bauer

Post by Peter Bauer »

They're coming to a store here, hopefully this summer/autumn. Should make everything easier for people outside Finland.
alexandrov

Post by alexandrov »

Maybe this one??

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-Finnish-wool-F ... 1c139fea5f

Cut is nice but don't know about wool thickness....

Finland seems to attract some interests now!
Captain_Cogle

Post by Captain_Cogle »

Now I have to buy a Finnish uniform. Too cool that some one is making repros. I always felt the other Axis Powers never got nearly enough attention, Italy, Finland, Bulgaria and Hungary in example. Still waiting for my new Suomi M31.
Heinz O. Kaufmann

Post by Heinz O. Kaufmann »

Hiki Shop was not the chinese manufacturer who first got the finnish tunics to copy. Maybe it is a copy of a copy? Or the manufacturer is selling those to Hiki. But, 100usd for trousers and tunic is not bad. It looks the same as mine, even with the bad copy buttons (which have wrong, lion is different in original buttons btw) and the VPU stamp on shoulder.

Return to “Finnish Discussion”