Amazing find

Moderator: supermario

West-Front

Amazing find

Post by West-Front »

http://www.nserv.it/imvcc/viewtopic.php?t=573
Ciao a tutti, leggendo il resocondo di un viaggio in Egitto effettuato nell'agosto scorso, ho trovato queste note interessanti: " ……..una magnifica sorpresa, un'affascinante scoperta: abbandonato sulla sabbia un fagotto di abiti ed effetti personali di una soldatessa della seconda guerra mondiale appartenente al Long Range Desert Group. Ma ci sono anche il passaporto, le lettere di un'amica, le foto ……. Khaled ha portato tutto all'ambasciata inglese al Cairo e che cosa hanno scoperto? Che la soldatessa, Alexandra Ross, è morta nel 2004 ma la sorella si recherà personalmente in Egitto per riavere tutto."
Attachments
B28_1097.jpg
B28_1097.jpg (51.99 KiB) Viewed 5729 times
mario33

Re: Amazing find

Post by mario33 »

Anybody care to translate ? I dont understand Italian but the subject of LRDG interests me much...
Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

Obergefreiter Hansch

Post by Obergefreiter Hansch »

Roughly it is;

Hello to all, reading the resocondo a trip to Egypt made last August, I found these interesting notes: "…… .. a pleasant surprise, a fascinating discovery: abandoned on the sand a bassoon of clothing and personal effects of a soldier of World War II belonging to the Long Range Desert Group. But there are also the passport of a letters, photos……. Khaled led all British embassy in Cairo and what they found? May the soldier , Alexandra Ross, died in 2004 but his sister will travel to Egypt personally getting everything. "

I couldn't open the link though.
Gruß and Berg Heil, Gebirgsjågers!

II./Geb.Jäg.Rgt.100.
West-Front

Post by West-Front »

Obergefreiter Hansch wrote:Roughly it is;

Hello to all, reading the resocondo a trip to Egypt made last August, I found these interesting notes: "…… .. a pleasant surprise, a fascinating discovery: abandoned on the sand a bassoon of clothing and personal effects of a soldier of World War II belonging to the Long Range Desert Group. But there are also the passport of a letters, photos……. Khaled led all British embassy in Cairo and what they found? May the soldier , Alexandra Ross, died in 2004 but his sister will travel to Egypt personally getting everything. "

I couldn't open the link though.
http://picasaweb.google.com/houblebouble/EMERIIII2008

and

http://www.afrika-korps.co.uk/forum/vie ... php?t=4900

LRDG clashes with the SAHARIANA DI CUFRA
After an exhaustive research by the Authors Kuno Gross, Brendan O'Carroll and Roberto Chiarvetto which followed the first visit at Jebel Sherif we are now in the closing stages for our book "Incident at Jebel Sherif" which presents for the first time all available accounts (LRDG, Sahariana & post-war) about the clash between the LRDG and the SAHARIANA DI CUFRA at Jebel Sherif at 31st. January 1941.

The book includes lots of contemporary photographs, some of them to be published for the first time, an interview with the last known survivor of the involved special forces units and dozens of photographs presenting the wrecked trucks in detail and giving a full scale overview about the battlefield. Detailed maps and a conclusive report about the incident provide the most accurate information assembled in one book. The journey from Tripoli via several stages to Jebel Sherif, then Kufra and back brings more information about todays desert-travelling - which is still very adventourous- and many more wartime wrecks which were found along the route of thousands of kilometres in the Libyan Sahara. The book is A4 size (21 x 29.7cm), 180 pages and hardcover. It will be available from http://www.jebelsherif.org (not yet!)
Attachments
te_paki_comparison_vers_2007_01_09a_153.jpg
te_paki_comparison_vers_2007_01_09a_153.jpg (221.81 KiB) Viewed 5493 times
sonderkommando_dora_gruppe_ost_391.jpg
sonderkommando_dora_gruppe_ost_391.jpg (39.71 KiB) Viewed 5492 times

Return to “Italian Discussion”