Uniform supplier....

Moderator: supermario

supermario

Uniform supplier....

Post by supermario »

New Off the peg uniforms from Hong Kong. Not sure on the quality. Will have to buy one first!

http://search.stores.ebay.com/ww2milita ... 14QQsofpZ0

Neil

BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Wow !! :shock: Keiths stuff is coming on leaps and bounds. These far eastern dealers are listening to what people want and learning from their mistakes. They seem to be taking criticism as a positive thing and making the product better all the time :)
supermario

Post by supermario »

Hi Bryn,

I hope Keith is open to suggestions on these items tho, cos certain aspects are wrong. Still, its a start and have to say, there ain't many peolpe doing the tropical uniform at all, and not at these prices. ...

I shall gaze into my crystal ball, and lo... I predict a huge amount of Folgore Para's in Trops very soon in the future. (Except Steve Kiddles mob that is..) :D

Stranski

Post by Stranski »

There is a new load of Italian and Japanese stuff on ebay.
One gets temped of course........

MG
" I'll show you where the Iron crosses grow "
supermario

Post by supermario »

Thats what we like to hear...

come on now.... alittle closer..... can you smell the espresso coffee, the dleicious rations?....the smell of wine...

your so close to reeenactment heaven... :lol:

Neil

Todor

Re: Uniform supplier....

Post by Todor »

Out interests do you have a new supplier of uniform now that Keiths gone?.
supermario

Post by supermario »

Ok, from what we hear, HKK will be back in october. Now thats come from a source who emails him regulary, and apparently he is redoing his stock and will have more to offer. Now we know that he is supposed to be producing M42 Bustina's, copied from an original, as well as M1912 boots, but we will have to wait and see. As for other suppliers, well the best is Sartoria Equipe. These guys make the best, but they are made to order and slightly more expensive, but you do get what you pay for. They do a line of 'off the peg', but these are made once you ordered them. They come in set sizes, but they are still the best around.

Another potential source is another ebay seller. This guy's name is Chen, and i think he sells under the name ANTZ-Military (Will have to confirm). Now he also makes to order, and is slowly doing the Italian uniform range. Feed back so far is positive, although some errors have been noted (Such as the ommission of hunters pockets on his M40 jacket). However, the quality is spot on (AS WW2 Italian Jackets weren't the most beautifully finished of items), and the weight of the wool is good according to other reenactors in the US scene. Chen is more expensive than Keith, but it does depend on what you want your uniform for. If its for rolling around in the mud, then HKK. If its for serious living history, then SE. Until i've seen Chens work close up myself, then i can't comment, but if the ommisions are corrected, then this could be another good supplier.

Neil

jmatchlock

Post by jmatchlock »

HKK will be back in october- joy joy - more of his stuff !! NO -not into Chinese .our little group has banned it ,and any one shows up in it -will be asked to leave.
You Do Not Know Unless -You try -Image
Schuetze Arsch

Post by Schuetze Arsch »

jmatchlock wrote:HKK will be back in october- joy joy - more of his stuff !! NO -not into Chinese .our little group has banned it ,and any one shows up in it -will be asked to leave.
This is the right attitude! Be authentic and stay away from those Chinese scrap !
Panzerrob

Post by Panzerrob »

supermario wrote:Ok, from what we hear, HKK will be back in october. Now thats come from a source who emails him regulary, and apparently he is redoing his stock and will have more to offer. Now we know that he is supposed to be producing M42 Bustina's, copied from an original, as well as M1912 boots, but we will have to wait and see. As for other suppliers, well the best is Sartoria Equipe. These guys make the best, but they are made to order and slightly more expensive, but you do get what you pay for. They do a line of 'off the peg', but these are made once you ordered them. They come in set sizes, but they are still the best around.

Another potential source is another ebay seller. This guy's name is Chen, and i think he sells under the name ANTZ-Military (Will have to confirm). Now he also makes to order, and is slowly doing the Italian uniform range. Feed back so far is positive, although some errors have been noted (Such as the ommission of hunters pockets on his M40 jacket). However, the quality is spot on (AS WW2 Italian Jackets weren't the most beautifully finished of items), and the weight of the wool is good according to other reenactors in the US scene. Chen is more expensive than Keith, but it does depend on what you want your uniform for. If its for rolling around in the mud, then HKK. If its for serious living history, then SE. Until i've seen Chens work close up myself, then i can't comment, but if the ommisions are corrected, then this could be another good supplier.

Neil
Bought one of Chens Heer service shirts and have to say quality, cut and material is first rate.

Regs

Rob
jmatchlock

Post by jmatchlock »

-Not into Chinese .our little group has banned it ,and any one shows up in it -will be asked to leave.
" Take Pride in your self ! " NO Chinese
You Do Not Know Unless -You try -Image
supermario

Post by supermario »

Jay,

I understand your sentiments. You know i respect the way you organise your group. I'm a firm believer in if your able to make it, then make it yourself. Chinese vendors can be quite scrupolous, and HKK has certainly left an impression on us. However, we also recognise that in the current financial climate, people are led more by their pockets and wallets, and the cheaper alternative has drawn more people into doing Italian than ever before.

Neil :wink:

Return to “Italian Discussion”