uniform camo italian

Moderator: supermario

Mikkel

Re: uniform camo italian

Post by Mikkel »

He have not, and if you had read this tread before writing, you would understand that.
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

I'm REALLY happy with Chen's Iti camo actually.

"He was a fighter in every way, he lived and breathed action"

Chorlitz|12.SS|

Post by Chorlitz|12.SS| »

Wolfie, That actually looks Okay.He did a good job

In this photo it looks like this officer has had slit pockets made up as they were made by unit taylors.

SMwholsales' pattern.(On my lovely rumper suit)

Not too far off Chen, He should pat himself on the back. He puts a lot of effort into getting it right.
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Jack wrote:Looking at chens on his website hes copied smw, just like he tried to with the dot 44.
Chens Dot 44 is rubbish, one of the worst attempts at this pattern.
Mikkel

Post by Mikkel »

This tread is not about the dot44 pattern :)

The Ita camo on the other hand is by far the best repro, as can also be observed by reading earlier posts by other users in this debate.
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Are you suggesting I start a thread on just how shit his dot print is? I rather think it would be better as an aside in this thread?
His Italian print is very good, he needs to bring the rest of his camo up to that standard.
supermario

Post by supermario »

Rather than go down the route of looking at German Camo on the small section that is devoted to Italian bits and pieces, lets try and keep this contained about the use of Italian Camo by German forces. What i'd like to know is, percentage wise, how many truppen were issued the Italian camo uniform during WW2, and how its that reflected in current reenactment groups portraying HJ and LAH? Is there too much Italian camo being worn by German reenactors than what was realistically issued? :)

Neil

BERG

Post by BERG »

IMHO, the German Army and the Police(especially regiment "Bozen") wore far more garments made from italian camo material than the LAH or HJ ever did; I've seen many photos of heer and Polizei soldiers wearing overalls, helmet covers, trousers, shorts, caps etc. All I'm saying is that the HJ and LAH did wear italian camo, but that it was far more common with the army and the police(and maybe even the Luftwaffe).

Take a look at these photos and you will see a lot of italian camo in wear);

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.ph ... 2=1&ns14=1
http://zeltbahn.com/pol_gal.htm

Just my 5 cents!

About chen's camo; it looks really good, hopefully he'll make an italian sahariana some day soon! :wink:
supermario

Post by supermario »

Indeed Berg, and hopefully some M41 camo trousers too.

The Caped sahariana is something that will look good. Its a tricky thing to make, as you've got to get the caping just right. Made wrongly, it could look very farby. Hong Kong Keith did that with his Italian Guibba e Vento (Or Mountain troopers wind-cheater). Wrong material, wrong cut. It was awful.

However, Chen's Italian Camo looks as good, if not better in aspect, to SM Wholesale. Both are good colouration. I like Chens pattern as the tan section is bolder than SM's version, as it is in many original Telo Tenda's. However, SM's gives a more subdued effect, so is possibly a better blending camo for use in the field.

The best thing about this repro material is its giving German reenactors a more authentic uniform, and its leaving us Italian reenactors something to sleep under and keep dry in on those wet guard duties. :wink:

Neil

A.Weiss

Post by A.Weiss »

Germans using italian camo. 8)

A.Weiß
A.Weiss

Post by A.Weiss »

Ant-z military pattern italian camo, I liked it! 8)

A.Weiß
Sean

Post by Sean »

Is he going to producing the combi suits? His ebay website never looks 'updated'
'Gott Mitt Uns' - Yeah mate, got mittens too
uscha meyer

Post by uscha meyer »

gents- find below a copy of the sm wholesale italientarnhosen and the one from chen.

after reading this thread, and the wonderful background/historical photos and examples of period italian pattern camouflage, i'd hesitate a guess to say that chen's camouflage pattern is better than sm wholesale, often seen as the holy grail of camouflage patterns (with good reason).

also notice the comparison shot of the two sets. now, caveat empor, my smwholesale set has been cleaned about 10 times.

enjoy lads.

and chen, well done, i am suitably impressed.
Attachments
note the spots on chen's were from rain outside, i prefer to take comparison photos in sunlight
note the spots on chen's were from rain outside, i prefer to take comparison photos in sunlight
italientarn.jpg (95.22 KiB) Viewed 8592 times
sm wholesale on left, chen on right
sm wholesale on left, chen on right
comparison.jpg (247.12 KiB) Viewed 8598 times
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

Must say Chen's do look quite good - he's got the look of the 'twiggy bits' much better.

This is when the beauty of forums like this really come together and we all learn something... :D
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
supermario

Post by supermario »

Thanks for the comparison photo's, its good to see both repro's side by side.

I like Chens, alot. SM's is still good though. I'd like to see what chens looks like after a good few washes in DAZ and lemon juice treatment and on the washing line for a month. At this moment in time, we can say that SM's fades down nicely.

Chens Pattern is great. It has those features of 'crispness' that i've seen on Italian Camo. The lighter tan section is good too. Its the lighter end of the Ochre spectrum, but at least it isn't bright yellow.

What it now boils down to for you Ted's is to see who constructs them more authentically, and how they hold up with the rough and tumble of private/public battles.

What I'd like to see now is some M41 cut camo trousers, with a caped combat smock. Possibly a nice step in late war Nembo para smock wouldn't go amiss either.

DECIMA!!!!!!!!

Neil

Return to “Italian Discussion”