Hi Christian, have a look at my website (the adi at the bottom), there is a list and pics of all equipment/uniforms which weresapper44 wrote:I have a couple of questions that I can't really find any answers to, so maybe you guys can help. I am still in the process of getting my act together and any help would be great.
1. What, if any, Heer specific items would someone from the LVF take with them when transfered to the 33rd?
2. Would the former LVF guy keep his Heer Soldbuch or been issued a new SS one?
3. Would they turn in their Heer tunics and been issued new SS ones or just been given the insignia to put on their old army tunics?
4. I have an M35 helmet that has a camo job done on it, would this be unusable doing 33rd?
5. From what I have read the LVF spent allot of time fighting Partisans did they get issued Anti-Partisan Badges or regular infantry assault badges?
6. On the WMA site the page about the 33rd states, " The divison was provided with left over German and Italian armament and provisions." Does this mean that they had access to italian camo, and Carcano rifles/Beretta MP38s?
worn by the 33rd, also see the beginning of this thread and you will see the list that Cookie has posted, basically the
Charlemagne were only issued late War uniforms which included M42, M43 and M44, also Pea-Dot 44'ss camo's were worn,
no other camo items, as for helmets, no cam jobs only the M42.
The LVF when re-assigned to the 8th Sturmbrigade before being transferred to the 33rd were all fully equipped there
were no "issued Italian equipment" as far as iam aware, the Charlemagne was issued new equipment, as for Solbuch's it
was known for books to be overstamped?, i have seen one sort which was for a Wehrmacht Cossack who had been
transferred to the SS-Handschar but i must admit i have only seen SS issued types for the Charlemagne so far??
Hopefully Cookie will step in and fill in any blanks that i have overlooked
Goodluck with your portrayment, Peiper