panzer piping

Moderator: Feldjager

Panzer Wittman

panzer piping

Post by Panzer Wittman »

Sooooooo. ...
Why can't anyone seem to be able to produce panzer boards in the correct shade of pink?
Now don't get me wrong - I'm no stitch nazi but this is really grinding my gears. I've a few pairs - all wrong. Epic/militaria-net - too light almost baby pink. Sof - too purple.
Panzer waffenfarbe was a very distinct shade and surely it can't be that difficult to get it right if they wanted too.
Or can anyone prove me wrong?
pepperpot

Re: panzer piping

Post by pepperpot »

these any good?
http://www.historical-militaria-shop.com/search.htm
this is again down to the die colour that could be obtained, there is the same variation in Fallschrimjaeger boards as well ranging from near orange to bright yellow.
hope this helps
graham
Panzer Wittman

Post by Panzer Wittman »

Cheers dude
They don't look too bad but I'd say still no cigar. I'll get a pair to compare to the others.
Yup there's certainly some range in some colours - there's even still arguments regarding panzer grenadier green/mountain troops green and which is actually which.
Panzer pink though in original examples is pretty stable as a colour. I just don't understand why no one appears to do a decent copy. Admittedly it's a peculiar shade - rose but almost luminous with a hint of salmon maybe? Repro just seem to be any random shade of pink. The sof ones are so dark they're near enough general staff waffenfarbe.
I'm on the lookout for a length of original piping. It does appear now and again. If I get a foot or so ill whip up a set with original cord
Walther

Post by Walther »

I got myself a bottle of 'hot pink' clothing dye. Brush it onto the offending Waffenfarbe a couple of times and off you go.

The colour lasts and you can smugly assure yourself that you've gone the extra mile with your research to get it right :wink:

Neil
Rittm.u.Kompanie-Chef
Großdeutschland Aufklärungs
---------------------------------------
"When Barbarossa commences, the world will hold its breath"

Panzer Wittman

Post by Panzer Wittman »

Cheers walther ill look it up
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

did the same with Luftwaffe F.D. when the only boards available were Fallschrimjaeger yellow, just added a blue die. worked well until it rained!!!!!!!! found out it should have been an ink die not a water based die.
graham

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”