Chen ANT-Z wierdness

Moderator: Feldjager

Jagdpanther

Chen ANT-Z wierdness

Post by Jagdpanther »

Is there something up with Chen at the mo?

I've been a long-time supporter of Chen and his products, having bought over a dozen uniforms from him and advising many people to get kit from him - not only were many of his products top class, but his service was always quick and efficient.

I recently won an item of his on Ebay and after 3 weeks it still hadn't arrived (previous items came after 2 weeks) - I sent a couple of messages checking it had been dispatched and after waiting a further week had no reply. So I reluctantly opened a case with Ebay and instantly had a refund from him. So, nothing lost in the end, but quite a disappointment after many good transactions with him and a complete waste of my time. I noticed that in recent days Chen's ebay feedback has taken a nosedive - so is something up?

I'm not putting this on here to have a swipe at Chen, just to warn people he has gone a bit "wobbly" and to see if anyone else has had a bad experience with him lately.....?
feldman

Re: Chen ANT-Z wierdness

Post by feldman »

Maybe he has some problems with the factory ? Ha has only 2 items on ebay right now.. weird anyway. He still has a positive feedback of 99.3% ? I have his M42 greatcoat & M44 tunic which are very good indeed. I need his stuff & good prices :(
Retired & Armed
Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

feldman wrote:Maybe he has some problems with the factory ? Ha has only 2 items on ebay right now.. weird anyway. He still has a positive feedback of 99.3% ? I have his M42 greatcoat & M44 tunic which are very good indeed. I need his stuff & good prices :(
Yeah, his feedback is still 99.3% positive, but 5 of his 6 negative feedbacks are from the last few days, so it has suddenly gone to rat sh*t...

I heard off one of the other chaps in my group earlier this evening that he had the exact same issue with him in the last month or so, and still has the item outstanding, so sounds like a more general problem....

Pity, like you say...
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

feldman wrote:Maybe he has some problems with the factory ? Ha has only 2 items on ebay right now.. weird anyway. He still has a positive feedback of 99.3% ? I have his M42 greatcoat & M44 tunic which are very good indeed. I need his stuff & good prices :(
He has his own factory, so he might have issues getting the wool there, like a few months ago.
grenmartens

Post by grenmartens »

Sheikh Al Stranghi wrote:
He has his own factory, so he might have issues getting the wool there, like a few months ago.
But why would that prevent him from answering messages....? Because he hasn't answered me for a week and I bought a tunic from his ebay site a month ago.... nothing. I've been a frequent customer and supporter of Chen's over the years but I'm afraid this latest wobble is very unprofessional and won't do him any favours. These far eastern guys frequently screw up, which is why I still buy most of my uniforms and kit from Richard Underwood.
Peter Bauer

Post by Peter Bauer »

Not replying is common problem with Chinese. Doesn't necessarily mean anything else than that they are "on vacation" or something.
Heini Leitner

Post by Heini Leitner »

My friend ordered italian camo trousers from Chen 3 weeks ago and finally got them.
So i think that there is a hope for you a bit :)
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

Heini Leitner wrote:My friend ordered italian camo trousers from Chen 3 weeks ago and finally got them.
So i think that there is a hope for you a bit :)

Sorry, but that's a normal purchase, 3 weeks is nothing.
Heini Leitner

Post by Heini Leitner »

yes, of course, but it is proof that Chen still exist and will ship his orders sooner or later.
Otto Kohl

Post by Otto Kohl »

I hope that in the nearest future Ant-Z's situation will clarify. I need to buy some things :roll: .
Oberschnaepser

Post by Oberschnaepser »

Otto Kohl wrote: ..I need to buy some things :roll: .
As me :) ..
"Kraftfahrer, denk' an deinen Urlaub!"
("Driver, keep your holiday in mind!")
CDB Schmidt

Post by CDB Schmidt »

We had it with some LW Mantels, after a week he answered that he would have a look in his stock.
After hearing nothing another 3 mails went his way, but no answering at all.

Not my own experience, but a member of our group had contact with him.
CDB = Crazy Dutch Boy

* 3/. Pz. Gren. Rgt. 60. Panzer Division 116. "Der Windhund" *
Mooyman

Post by Mooyman »

There is definitely something wrong with his ebay business.
his feedback drops down very quickly.
16 negatives in one month.

The best repro is an original...
Ohmhagen

Post by Ohmhagen »

I was told from one of Chen´s traders, that ANT-Z is going to quit the re-enactment business an will produce only modern womens wear in the future...
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Well mr A Wess on this forum seems to have contact with him ? ask him
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”