Heer Crusher cap-PLEASE DELETE- MODS

Moderator: Feldjager

wehrmacht98k

Re: Heer Crusher cap

Post by wehrmacht98k »

so this cap... http://www.epicmilitaria.com/product.ph ... -visor-cap is for all units` standard issue NCO???
-Matt
BedsnHerts

Post by BedsnHerts »

Yup. They look a lot better once they've been fettled.

I'd wait for someone else to confirm the white piping thing but as said, it's an easy DIY fix either way.
Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

BedsnHerts wrote: AFAIK white piping on headgear is correct for all units unless you're after a private purchase number - in which case a careful hour with a colored fabric pen will do the job.
No, this is not the case for the Heer - waffenfarbe piping applied to all HEER visors, whether they were issue or private purchase.

Again this is the SS regs confusing things - as it is SS visors that were supposed to have white piping whatever the branch of service you served in, apart from during a brief period (10th May 1940 - 5th Nov 1940) when the SS allowed waffenfarbe piping. Thereafter it was supposed to be back to white piping for all, although, as you alluded to, some private purchase SS visors after 5/11/40 were produced with coloured piping against regs....
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Is the peak correct on the Epic cap?
Leather?
I agree the piping should be in unit colours for heer.
BedsnHerts

Post by BedsnHerts »

Stigroadie wrote:Is the peak correct on the Epic cap?
Leather?
I agree the piping should be in unit colours for heer.
Feels and looks like leather but probably "leatherette" :lol: It's not hard plastic if that's what you're getting at.

I'll stand corrected on the piping.
wehrmacht98k

Post by wehrmacht98k »

BedsnHerts wrote:Yup. They look a lot better once they've been fettled.

I'd wait for someone else to confirm the white piping thing but as said, it's an easy DIY fix either way.
Anyones` opinion on DIY coloring the piping? (Like with a marker). Is it worth it/would it work?what should I use? So nobody knows where I could get a Heer Panzer-aufklarungs (golden yellow) visor?so I now know it is INcorrect to use white piping for all HEER units?
-Matt
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

I thought it should be the polished, hard fiber, most commonly repro'd with plastic?
Have I got the wrong end of the stick?
For a Heer NCO it should be a schirmmutze?
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

wehrmacht98k wrote:So nobody knows where I could get a Heer Panzer-aufklarungs (golden yellow) visor
Yes, they told you earlier, Extra Klass, Richard Underwood, Sassi......
BedsnHerts

Post by BedsnHerts »

Matt, you need to ease up a bit on this "WHY DON'T I HAVE AN ANSWER YET?" attitude. You've been told of a few suppliers. Some are cheap, some are expensive. As with most things you get what you pay for. And as Stig has pointed out many, many times just because a vendor sells something doesn't mean that it's "right". Your hobby. Your money. Your due diligence. Your call.
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Schirmmutze-Heer- ... 20b922e3c3
I know it says feldgemdarmerie but read the listing with a reasonable translator.
http://cgi.ebay.de/Schirmmutze-Mannscha ... 20b5e796b4
Same kind of thing, you ask for other waffenfarbe.
Dont let the dealers do your research!
wehrmacht98k

Post by wehrmacht98k »

BedsnHerts wrote:Matt, you need to ease up a bit on this "WHY DON'T I HAVE AN ANSWER YET?" attitude. You've been told of a few suppliers. Some are cheap, some are expensive. As with most things you get what you pay for. And as Stig has pointed out many, many times just because a vendor sells something doesn't mean that it's "right". Your hobby. Your money. Your due diligence. Your call.
sorry, I don`t mean to be like that it is just the ones I`ve gotten to checking out I can`t find (Like on Extra klasse I cant find it)(the specific cap)...
-Matt
wehrmacht98k

Post by wehrmacht98k »

Stigroadie wrote:
wehrmacht98k wrote:So nobody knows where I could get a Heer Panzer-aufklarungs (golden yellow) visor
Yes, they told you earlier, Extra Klass, Richard Underwood, Sassi......
Richard Underwood-doesn`t have them
sassi-what is that?
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

If you had checked the links I posted you would see that one of the sellers uses Sassi99_de as their user name on e-bay?
Stephans Sammlerwelt?
The link some one else posted to office@......?
Did you ask Richard or just look at the site? Not everything he has or can get is on the site.
Either you are not reading the post and following the links or are just plain beyond help.
Either way I'm done with trying.
You have no idea what you should be buying, not done a jot of research, just want a fancy hat.
Buy the shitty one from Epic and get your best crayons out.

I've just visited your website. I know now why you are like you are.
Walther

Post by Walther »

Are you a tribute act Herr wehrmacht98k? :mrgreen:

James / Extraklasse does have an Aufklarungs Schirmmutze with the correct colour Waffenfarbe 'cos I bought one the other week. No more horsing around, as Stig says, do your homework you'll soon find out what branch of service the Aufklärer fitted into and the colour Waffenfarbe they adopted.

Neil.
Rittm.u.Kompanie-Chef
Großdeutschland Aufklärungs
---------------------------------------
"When Barbarossa commences, the world will hold its breath"

Franz repper

Re: Heer Crusher cap-PLEASE DELETE- MODS

Post by Franz repper »

And with those wise words from Herr Walther The topic has run its merry way topic Now Locked
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”