hessen antique read before you buy

Moderator: Feldjager

DER SOLDATEN

hessen antique read before you buy

Post by DER SOLDATEN »

This is in response to my latest purchase of a pair of m43 trousers
first off this is the add.

Museum quality reproduction German wool uniforms made by AZM. We sell the best quality reproduction German wool uniforms available on the market today. We start with 100% Australian wool that is custom milled for us into an 80% wool/20% nylon blend in the correct shade and weight and weave as originals. We've created our own patterns with a German trained, master pattern matter (former Hugo Boss employee) resulting in hyper-authentic tunics and trousers, constructed of authentic materials with all the details of the originals.
These are also referred to as Keilhosen and Rundbundhosen and M43. Made of Fieldgrau wool, our M42 Trousers Feature: Two Side Pockets and One Rear Pocket, One Watch Pocket with Chain Loop, Side Waist Adjustment Belts, Tapered Ankles with Twill Tape Stirrups, Reinforced Seat, Belt Loops, Authentic Size and Manufacturer Stamps.
this is was what I received a pair of m43 trousers that were green not fieldgrau, the makers mark and authentic size was a label that reads Hessen antique made in china.with an unfinished chrome buckle on both sides.My first thought was would it not be cheaper for the company to just make the pants here instead of flying there (former Huggo Boss employee) and the Australian wool to China. Wait a minute Have I been lied to? yes I have what is with companies today,lost battalion has gone to shit and just about every one I have ordered from so far has just not done this hobby justice. The only ones I still trust is 1944 militaria and Ost front have not failed me yet. so buyer beware. so now I'm stuck with these unless I want to pay the 15% restocking fee plus shippin to return them. Oh and if anyone out there is thinking of shopping at Grigsby ....don't you will never get your order and chances of lost goods or money is certain ....trust me the horror stories continue. Lets hear your stories post them right here on this post, I know you have one lets make these venders work for our hard earned money by giving us what we pay for quality reproductions or at least save someone the hassle and let down of a bad purchase!!!!
Obergefreiter Michael Frye
1./Panzerjäger Abteilung 228 Image
pirschen

Re: hessen antique read before you buy

Post by pirschen »

You should tell Hessen Antique what "Fieldgrau" color do you want for the M43 trousers, because AZM have 3 color wool for M43 trousers:
1.early war time Fieldgrau wool(green)
2.later war time Fieldgrau wool(mustard brown)
3.Italian wool
and what problems for the wool quality? it's not 80% wool and 20% Nylon?
and can you show the trousers photos?
thanks
Chen
quality WWI&WWII uniforms reproductions
http://www.antzmilitary.com
DER SOLDATEN

Post by DER SOLDATEN »

there were no color choices that i saw in the add.my problem is that it( the add) was misleading it states that, We've created our own patterns with a German trained, master pattern matter (former Hugo Boss employee) resulting in hyper-authentic tunics and trousers, constructed of authentic materials with all the details of the originals.not Imported from china or made in china and no Authentic Size and Manufacturer Stamps if they put that in the add they should put it on the item this happens alot for example my tunic eagle is smaller than an original the gefreiter chevron is different than an original all of these came from Lost Battalion, so called god of the hobby. I also ordered a tank destruction badge from another company it was nowhere near the original,I feel like I 'm pissing money away some times.

I was under the assumption that m43 trouser were only made in the one color I think there was a late war variant associated with the m44 tunic color.
but you maybe right for I don't know as much as some do about the uniforms (i have photos and the internet) most of the uniforms I have are by sturm and they are the more olive contrast I will post the photos tonight if I'm wrong than I will delete this post.

what I want is the m43 trouser to go with the m43 tunic I have... these just look to light in color. compared to most photos I have seen. And as I have said the buckle looked crude.(hope I can get a good photo) If I'm wrong ...I will admtit it freely ...I jus wwant one vendor I can count on for the best reprodutions. tha t when I open the box I feel great about the choice and money I have spent, this is not a cheap hobby it adds up very fast!!
DER SOLDATEN

Post by DER SOLDATEN »

bad.jpg
bad.jpg (45.19 KiB) Viewed 11018 times
m43.jpg
m43.jpg (50.92 KiB) Viewed 11018 times
bucle.jpg
bucle.jpg (54.96 KiB) Viewed 11018 times
DER SOLDATEN

Post by DER SOLDATEN »

compair.jpg
compair.jpg (71.04 KiB) Viewed 11017 times
these pics are very bad I will try and get some better ones up this weekend the first is the new uniform the second is the tunic i want to find the proper pants for the third is the buckle the third is the comparison from Sturm on the left and Hessen on the right the last pic is of the Hessen pants if they are correct than tell me and I'll keep them and print a full retraction. better pic soon! I guess we all have to start somewhere I guess I'm not doing so good right now.
Attachments
pantss.jpg
pantss.jpg (51.34 KiB) Viewed 11017 times
Heinz O. Kaufmann

Post by Heinz O. Kaufmann »

DER SOLDATEN wrote:what I want is the m43 trouser to go with the m43 tunic I have... these just look to light in color.
Well, you must remember that german soldiers did not get to choose their equipment and would not have argued if they would have issued a mixed colors of uniform. There were many different color uniforms. Actually, I think it would be great to have different color tunic/trousers/hat, it just make you look bad (in a good way :) )
pirschen

Post by pirschen »

DER SOLDATEN wrote:there were no color choices that i saw in the add.my problem is that it( the add) was misleading it states that, We've created our own patterns with a German trained, master pattern matter (former Hugo Boss employee) resulting in hyper-authentic tunics and trousers, constructed of authentic materials with all the details of the originals.not Imported from china or made in china and no Authentic Size and Manufacturer Stamps if they put that in the add they should put it on the item this happens alot for example my tunic eagle is smaller than an original the gefreiter chevron is different than an original all of these came from Lost Battalion, so called god of the hobby. I also ordered a tank destruction badge from another company it was nowhere near the original,I feel like I 'm pissing money away some times.

I was under the assumption that m43 trouser were only made in the one color I think there was a late war variant associated with the m44 tunic color.
but you maybe right for I don't know as much as some do about the uniforms (i have photos and the internet) most of the uniforms I have are by sturm and they are the more olive contrast I will post the photos tonight if I'm wrong than I will delete this post.

what I want is the m43 trouser to go with the m43 tunic I have... these just look to light in color. compared to most photos I have seen. And as I have said the buckle looked crude.(hope I can get a good photo) If I'm wrong ...I will admtit it freely ...I jus wwant one vendor I can count on for the best reprodutions. tha t when I open the box I feel great about the choice and money I have spent, this is not a cheap hobby it adds up very fast!!
Oh,yes, in fact,it's really very hard for found two same color original uniforms:)
different factory, different times are make the wool different color.
for early war time, Germany wool uniforms made of green color, but some was more lighter, some was more darker, because different factory made them different times.
after 1942, more color wool be used made uniforms,green, Italian wool, mustard brown wool, also, for some kind wool, have many different color too.
and I asked fabric factory, they told me, have no one factory can control color have no different if fabric not made in same time, also, just fabric made in same time, on the fabric begin, middle, end, will have a little color different.
I attached a photo what is from ATF, and my original Italian uniforms show you
hope can help you
Chen
Attachments
DSC_4456.jpg
DSC_4456.jpg (131.04 KiB) Viewed 10991 times
Fieldgrey.jpg
Fieldgrey.jpg (57.88 KiB) Viewed 10991 times
pirschen

Post by pirschen »

DER SOLDATEN wrote:these pics are very bad I will try and get some better ones up this weekend the first is the new uniform the second is the tunic i want to find the proper pants for the third is the buckle the third is the comparison from Sturm on the left and Hessen on the right the last pic is of the Hessen pants if they are correct than tell me and I'll keep them and print a full retraction. better pic soon! I guess we all have to start somewhere I guess I'm not doing so good right now.
and why not ask Hessen Antique exchange a later war time wool M43 trousers for you?
DER SOLDATEN

Post by DER SOLDATEN »

this is the uniform
jager5.jpg
jager5.jpg (73.83 KiB) Viewed 10854 times
jager4.jpg
jager4.jpg (55.16 KiB) Viewed 10854 times
Attachments
jager3.jpg
jager3.jpg (61.86 KiB) Viewed 10851 times
dbloge

Post by dbloge »

Honestly, its better that the tunic/trousers dont match, except maybe if you want to use the uniform for walking out. Unless the trousers are neon green, i wouldnt worry about it. I bought ANTZ tunic last year and i thought the color was ok. It was a little lighter than my original sturm tunic i bought 5 years prior, but darker than the same sturm tunic 5 years later after 30 events. As far as the buckle is concerned, its a cheap pair or trouser-who cares? They somehow usually snag on something and they break anyway.

Dieter
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

I'd say the jacket is a little on the small side for you?
That would be a bigger problem than the colour of the pants.
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

Looking at your pics (which you admit aren't the best quailty) your tunic looks much more like Chens Itallian wool which is a deeper shade of Green. Also the latest batch of field grey Chen has used (at least for his tunics) is darker than his previous field grey. His latest tunic I recieved are the closest I've had yet to the old Polish tunics.
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

dbloge

Post by dbloge »

Stigroadie wrote:I'd say the jacket is a little on the small side for you?
on a 2nd review, i think you have a point there, maybe just a tad bit small.
Grabenkater

Post by Grabenkater »

This is a joke right?

:lol:
DER SOLDATEN

Post by DER SOLDATEN »

Stigroadie wrote:I'd say the jacket is a little on the small side for you?
I was going for this look more or less and I was told be alot of peolpe that tight is the proper fit and that the sleeves were supose to fit high????
Attachments
length02.jpg
length02.jpg (63.15 KiB) Viewed 10614 times
length02.jpg
length02.jpg (63.15 KiB) Viewed 10614 times

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”