1st LAH Medic

Devoted to all that represent Medics etc..

Moderator: DAS MEDIC

Ginge312

1st LAH Medic

Post by Ginge312 »

Hey guys im currently gathering the equitment to portray a medic in 1st LAH, however im a bit confused on what i need to get started because ive seen alot of posts for DRK and wermacht.
So a few questions of the many i have are: medic pouches do i get them in black ,helmet white with a redcross decal and red cross armband or just armband, because im just a normal medic would i change my shoulder board piping as its currently white.
If anyone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated also a webbing kit list would be alot of help.

Cheers
Rob
SCHEISSE EIN ZEBRA!!
Liebstandarte

Re: 1st LAH Medic

Post by Liebstandarte »

Hello mate.
Blue Waffenfarbe was the norm for medics, however grenadiers were often employed as medics too. The armband is always a good choice to wear.
Pouches are available from SOF: http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/Products.aspx?cat=499 You can also try Ebay.
As for the helmet, that is up for debate. The Russians took it upon themselves to slot any medical personnel they saw. In the western theatre of operations the Sanni`s were a little bit more respected.
Hope this helps !
ImageImageImage

Am Arsch der Welt
Ginge312

Post by Ginge312 »

Liebstandarte wrote:Hello mate.
Blue Waffenfarbe was the norm for medics, however grenadiers were often employed as medics too. The armband is always a good choice to wear.
Pouches are available from SOF: http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/Products.aspx?cat=499 You can also try Ebay.
As for the helmet, that is up for debate. The Russians took it upon themselves to slot any medical personnel they saw. In the western theatre of operations the Sanni`s were a little bit more respected.
Hope this helps !
Cheers mate big help so I could get away with a helmet cover you think or just keep it White?
SCHEISSE EIN ZEBRA!!
VonSchnitzel

Post by VonSchnitzel »

Paint it white mate withe red cross
Makes the impression alot better.
Western Australia's Only WW2 Reenacting Group
World War 2 Forces WA
http://www.ww2forceswa.com

Ramcke Brigade Afrika
43rd Sturm Pioniers
18th Luftwaffe Field Division
German Combat Medic
Ginge312

Post by Ginge312 »

cheers mate :)
SCHEISSE EIN ZEBRA!!
Friedrich Köhler

Post by Friedrich Köhler »

I do WSS krankenträger and I keep my helmet field grey.
What I know from reading medics (krankenträger) used the waffenfarbe of thier parent unit he served in. Blue waffenfarbe was only used by doctors and other medical personell (sanitäter) in certain medical battalions and such. So if you want to be a regular soldier in LSSAH then go with waffenfarbe for infantry or pz gren, whatever the other guys use around you ;) and no extra insignia is needed. :)
RZM

Post by RZM »

I'm doing LAH as well. Gotta change my tabs to nco..here's my kit thusfar.
Unfotunately I can't get my uniform to upload on photobucket. I'm portraying Ostfront.
"Was ist das?"
"Ihr gefrorenesfleisch medaille. Rot,weiss und schwarz,fur blut,schnee und tod."
peiper1944

Post by peiper1944 »

RZM wrote: Unfotunately I can't get my uniform to upload on photobucket. I'm portraying Ostfront.
Certain sites are a pain with downloading pics, how i get round this is send a pic to my
own email from my phone then download it to my PC picture folder then resize it using the
"resize to mail" online picture resizer, then to add pics on here when you are posting
comments you just click "browse" which takes you to your picture PC file choose a picture
then click "add file" and it downloads it onto here (the forum), all you do then is place it
with your comments and click submit and you're done, it sounds complicated but after you
have done it a couple of times it becomes second nature, good luck :wink:
Staff-Sgt, British Airborne Pathfinders Unit (Ex SBG)

ww2airbornegroup.webs.com
RZM

Post by RZM »

Thanks Pipes,even more unfortunate I spilled coffee on my laptop..so I am sans p.c. phone is my only option. Somedays my WiFi is better than others..
"Was ist das?"
"Ihr gefrorenesfleisch medaille. Rot,weiss und schwarz,fur blut,schnee und tod."
Ginge312

Post by Ginge312 »

Thanks guys sorry for the late reply been very busy .
SCHEISSE EIN ZEBRA!!

Return to “Medics......”