RSA Nangwarry 2009

For old topics we just can't bring ourselves to delete!
blitzcraig

RSA Nangwarry 2009

Post by blitzcraig »

I belong to a South Australian group called "Reenact SA" Obviously the "SA" stands for South Australia. :D We recently had our first private event in the South East of SA doing a winter type theme.. Ive just hit 40 years old, never seen snow in my life until then... :shock: I know, sad that I have lived that long never to see snow! But I do live in Australia after all! And South Australia is the driest state in the country! So in saying that, we predominantly do the North African Campaign and the Mediterranean. Anyhoo, getting off topic, we had our first private event including some of the guys from CHS in Victoria and we had a ball! It was mainly a tactical event, not "themed" on any particular battle or campaign, but it was good to get the gear out, live in it and experience the whole lifestyle of the WW2 soldier. As we are a relatively "young" group that have bandied together, we have had the benifit of having access to some of the best Allied Military Vehicles in Australia. So its good to get out and about with some of the items that collectors we meet along the way and play! :mrgreen:
I look forward to chatting with people on this forum and learning what I can from those with the years of experience in reenacting. Being an artist, I have certainly learned in my field of expertise how to make things and get around effects and so on, I would be happy to part with any knowledge I may have that would assist.

blitzcraig.
Attachments
nangwarry 016k.JPG
nangwarry 016k.JPG (141.42 KiB) Viewed 3225 times
There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness" :D

Return to “Archive”