Drill with Skis

Moderator: Sheikh Al Stranghi

Franz repper

Drill with Skis

Post by Franz repper »

The Following comes from Vorläufige Richtlinien für Ausbildung und kampf von skitruppen 1943

ATTENTION Stillgestanden
With skis on is assumed at the command Stillgestanden! In this position will be the same as in Training Regulations for InfantryThe soldier stands on his skis which are placed parallel with the tips flush . The arms are to hang naturally ,the hands holding the pole handles at the loops and resting against the thighs the pole handles are held parallel their rings touchhing the snow to the rear

ORDER SKIS
In the position of attention with the skis off the skis (strapped together ) are held vertically with the tips up ,at the right side of the body .With the right hand grasp the front edges of the skis at the binding . Both poles are held to gether by the left hand and their points are placed to to the rear with the rings touching the snow .The left arm is extended down wardslightly with the hand against the thigh

LEFT SHOULDER SKIS
At the command Ski aufnehmen !The poles are thrust with the left hand into the snow ,one pace forward .The skis are then placed on the left shoulder sloping back ward, and are grasped at the heels with the left hand,* the poles are then brought to the right side of the body ,thrust up right into the snow ,and held with the right hand .
The manner of holding the skis while on the march is left to the individuals convenience BUT he may not shift the skis from shoulder to shoulder un less on command

*The movement must be executed with care to avoid striking the the slung rifle
More to follow soon
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hans Gowert

Re: Drill with Skis

Post by Hans Gowert »

unless your moley who just brakes them
dagda

Post by dagda »

lol! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

I don´t brake, I never brake.

Steve 82

Drill with Skis - German Manual translation - UPDATED LINK

Post by Steve 82 »

Hi,

Thought I would just point you to the US Army translation of the German Army document entitled `Training and Tactics of Ski Troops` dated 01.08.42, which outlines these procedures in full :

http://www.cgsc.edu/carl/wwIIspec/number20.pdf

Please see my other mail in this section on US Army Assessments of the German Army - including winter warfare and Mountain warfare booklets

Regards

Steve
Attachments
Kneeling position, rifle supported off the ski poles
Kneeling position, rifle supported off the ski poles
Kneeling Position.JPG (78.78 KiB) Viewed 6939 times
Last edited by Steve 82 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

Ahh thanks steve, very helpful!

Return to “Drill, Tactics, Fieldcraft”