G'day all

Please can all members introduce yourself in here.

Moderator: Oberleutnant Ulrich

sabre6

G'day all

Post by sabre6 »

My name is Troy, I'am 45 and live in Tasmania. I have been reenacting now for a number of years and have done several time periods, but have finally settled on doing a U-boat captain and starting a group, currently the group has 15 members and hopefully will get a little larger!
I have seen the conning tower that a group has made over there in the UK ans was wondering if anyone had any details about it as we would like to construct one ourselves.
I'am also looking for any information, drawings in particular of the AA guns as we are going to have to build these ourselves.
Thanks immensely comrades!
Troy Walker Captain U-437
Brigardefuhrer

Re: G'day all

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

The U boat soc; has changed to DAK and the conning tower was sold and is now in Germany.If you go to the DAK section on here and contact Schafer,he may be able to give you more details.John
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

it was made by Jon Phillips, who has also made other "german" vehicles from scratch. Jon is on facebook as wedlerbeast.
graham
tc

Post by tc »

Hello from Queensland Troy

Great to hear of U-boot reenacting in Australia and with 15 folks already that is very impressive - have you a facebook page or website ?

Any particular reason in selecting U-437 - I would have thought U-862 would be the one to do in our neck of the woods ?

Cheers

tc

Return to “Introductions”