New to the Hobby

Please can all members introduce yourself in here.

Moderator: Oberleutnant Ulrich

BlackBaron

New to the Hobby

Post by BlackBaron »

Hello all.

My names Ben and I'm just getting started in the Reenacting hobby. I'm planning on doing a 9th SS impression and wouldn't mind any tips and tricks as how to get started.

Thanks in advance.
Chorlitz|12.SS|

Re: New to the Hobby

Post by Chorlitz|12.SS| »

Hi Ben welcome,

Listen to some of the Older more Experianiced guys on here, When buying kit Spend the money.Buy Once Buy right.

Joe
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Welkommen "Black-Baron" :D

By the way did you get your user name off Wikipedia
or from a certain TV documentary at all ???

Pipes
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

Very subtle Peiper... :lol:
94-87 Ich bedauere nichts
57-93 Either put me in jail or kill me
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

John Wilson wrote:Very subtle Peiper... :lol:

Heh heh... im full of surprises lol :D
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Hello Blacbaron
ImageImageImageImageImage
RUSS

Post by RUSS »

Hi Ben Welcome to the hobby , dont try to buy everything in one go unless youv'e got loads of money to spend .
There's cheap kit out there but try and keep away from it, your be thankfull in the end :D
Salacious Crumb

Post by Salacious Crumb »

BlackBaron wrote:Hello all.

My names Ben and I'm just getting started in the Reenacting hobby. I'm planning on doing a 9th SS impression and wouldn't mind any tips and tricks as how to get started.

Thanks in advance.
Don't buy peadot. Just stay with Feldgrau and a pulloversmock in oak or in Planetree. The pictures I've seen from Hohenstaufen in 1944, almost all wear the pulloversmocks. Only late 1944 they start to apear more and more. So for Normandy, Flanders, Wallonia and Arnhem you could use the pullover smock.
Member of
http://maa204.blogspot.com/
Kriegsmarine re-enactment group
BlackBaron

Post by BlackBaron »

Thanks for the Welcome everyone. I wasn't aware that the 9th didn't recive Dot44 uniforms till later on in the war. That was something I was going to get first to sort of save me the money of the wools and smock. I guess not now.

As for my screen name. Yeah I had heard it a few times in the past and I thought I'd go with it. That and I couldn't think of anything else to call my self. :D I'm a Wittmann fan (though I'm guessing that Black Baron wasn't what he was known as during the war) *shurg*.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

BlackBaron wrote:Thanks for the Welcome everyone. I wasn't aware that the 9th didn't recive Dot44 uniforms till later on in the war. That was something I was going to get first to sort of save me the money of the wools and smock. I guess not now.

As for my screen name. Yeah I had heard it a few times in the past and I thought I'd go with it. That and I couldn't think of anything else to call my self. :D I'm a Wittmann fan (though I'm guessing that Black Baron wasn't what he was known as during the war) *shurg*.
No worries mate, good name though!, see one of the previous threads as there were some
debates/discussions about it and you will see the humour!

Regards Pipes :wink:
BlackBaron

Post by BlackBaron »

Peiper wrote:
BlackBaron wrote:Thanks for the Welcome everyone. I wasn't aware that the 9th didn't recive Dot44 uniforms till later on in the war. That was something I was going to get first to sort of save me the money of the wools and smock. I guess not now.

No worries mate, good name though!, see one of the previous threads as there were some
debates/discussions about it and you will see the humour!

Regards Pipes :wink:
I'll have to look that thread up. :)

Anyways, from what I've look through on the few threads I've browsed, I have gleaned more info then I ever thought possible. Thanks for all the help and messages with adviece.

Oh, and by the way I live in California USA. Sorry I forgot to mention that. :wink:
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

BlackBaron wrote: I'll have to look that thread up. :)

Anyways, from what I've look through on the few threads I've browsed, I have gleaned more info then I ever thought possible. Thanks for all the help and messages with adviece.

Oh, and by the way I live in California USA. Sorry I forgot to mention that. :wink:

That explains the name then! lol :lol:

Pipes :wink:

Return to “Introductions”