The place to display all those event photos you have

Moderator: Richk98

Sheikh Al Stranghi

Fresh leather!

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

Franz repper

Re: Fresh leather!

Post by Franz repper »

They are from the cav me thinks as they have reenforced trousers and the guy one the right has the old stlye Buckle boots
ImageImageImageImageImage
Gren Broich

Post by Gren Broich »

that and the spurs :)though why are they not all wearing them?
PROUD MEMBER OF THE ALL SINGING,ALL MARCHING S.B.G.
Feldjager

Post by Feldjager »

The spurless individuals are probably be wagon drivers as they weren't issued them. They are also wearing the mounted pattern bayonet frog.
Feldgendarmerie Trupp 82 - http://www.feldgendarmerie.co.uk
Panzer Nachrichten Abt. 38 - http://www.funker.co.uk
Hauptverbandplatz 82 - http://www.hvp82.co.uk

LHA members
Heeresbergführer

Post by Heeresbergführer »

They could be horse-drawn Artillery...the Waffenfarb looks to be red on their caps.
Dort, wo der Adler haust!
Hauptmann u. Heeresbergführer "Papa" Kiser
Kompanie Chef
5. Kp./Hochgebirgsjäger Btl. 4

Gren Broich

Post by Gren Broich »

not one of them is smoking.yet it looks a good time for a fag.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE ALL SINGING,ALL MARCHING S.B.G.
GD,obergrenadier

Post by GD,obergrenadier »

:shock: wow :shock: , they've got to be new recruits, the boots,belts & bayonet frogs are brand new, even the uniforms sqeak :shock:. You realize the we just gained some insite on how new eqipment was issued and how much of it had to be finished by the soldaten themselves, this also explains to some degree why some of the origainals I,ve owned over the years (belts, boots , bayonet frogs etc) had in many cases rather sloppy dye/polish jobs. :D Dieter. PS any more pictures like that ?
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

I think the soutache are Yellow. there is one that apears red - but if you look at the red line - it does not follow the soutache - it looks more like an effect of the colour film.

I WANT THEM BOOTS !!!!! 8)
Gliderinf / Luftlande
GD,obergrenadier

Gliderinf wrote:I think the soutache are Yellow. there is one that apears red - but if you look at the red line - it does not follow the soutache - it looks more like an effect of the colour film.

I WANT THEM BOOTS !!!!! 8)
You and me both :D :D , bty ya notice they don't have soulder straps either. Dieter
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

GD,obergrenadier wrote::shock: wow :shock: , they've got to be new recruits, the boots,belts & bayonet frogs are brand new, even the uniforms sqeak :shock:. You realize the we just gained some insite on how new eqipment was issued and how much of it had to be finished by the soldaten themselves, this also explains to some degree why some of the origainals I,ve owned over the years (belts, boots , bayonet frogs etc) had in many cases rather sloppy dye/polish jobs. :D Dieter. PS any more pictures like that ?
I think that looking at the age of some they could be Austrian
ImageImageImageImageImage
GD,obergrenadier

Franz repper wrote:
GD,obergrenadier wrote::shock: wow :shock: , they've got to be new recruits, the boots,belts & bayonet frogs are brand new, even the uniforms sqeak :shock:. You realize the we just gained some insite on how new eqipment was issued and how much of it had to be finished by the soldaten themselves, this also explains to some degree why some of the origainals I,ve owned over the years (belts, boots , bayonet frogs etc) had in many cases rather sloppy dye/polish jobs. :D Dieter. PS any more pictures like that ?
I think that looking at the age of some they could be Austrian
The Anshluss? Could be, anyway you look at it no later than 40 max ,they're all wearing m36s, Does anyone know when the "motorized" bayonet frog was intreduced?. Dieter
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

Regulations of January 25TH 1939 dictated that the bayonet frog without the retaining strap was to be discontinued and replaced by the bayonet frog with the horizontal retaining strap for all personnel although the changeover was never completely achieved.
kiler

Post by kiler »

Sheikh, if I were you, I would be careful with using info from http://www.germanmilitaria.com . Once I quoted an info about lightweight Y-straps taken form this site:

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Heer/photos/H042959.html

that they were introduced in 1940. Some FJ-reenactors quickly proved me wrong showing at least dozen of pictures from pre 1939 and from 1939 campaign in Poland with FJ using this straps.
Sturmgeist

Post by Sturmgeist »

Here are some other photos of brand new leather. These guys are from 2./PiBtl.198

Note the boots
Brendan
Brendan

Return to “Photos”