VICTORY SHOW 6/7 SEPT 2008

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Hoffman Grink

VICTORY SHOW 6/7 SEPT 2008

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Heads up for imminent news concerning Victory Show -
As you know AFRA is responsible for the battle each year and each year it grows..... Despite serious attempts to cap this we struggle.
This year the scenario is written broadly but once details are confirmed the final draft will be released.

I need the relevant head shed therefore to CONFIRM to me the following:
1 Their group's attendance and willingness to participate
2 Numbers of persons attending from that group.
3 That you hold relevant valid insurance to cover your people for the activities to be undertaken.

Once contact is made I will as for the following from you:
4 Names and DOB of your participating members
5 An address to send you a document detailing your group's role in the show.

We are doing this in an attempt to stem the flow of "walk ons". If a walk on occurs this year the show will be HALTED - No Ifs no Buts. And people out there know why.

So.
To confirm GERMAN Groups earmarked to participate
SS
Frundsberg, Tiger1, KP1, Das Reich (WARS), TK
Heer
Windhund, Pz Fs GD, Pz Gr Rgt GD, Panzer Lehr, 272IR, Sani Abt, 85 Gebirgs
FJ/LW
FJ39-45, FJR2, FJR6, FJ-K (New unit details to be given later)

That's FIFTEEN German Units! We can NOT be accused of keeping this gig to ourselves....... Unfortunately we HAVE to draw the line somewhere because my estimate is that those fifteen units will potentially field 150-200 men......

I now need either the head shed or the single responsible point of contact for each of those groupings to contact me by PM to supply the details 1-3 as requested. Please don't take ANYTHING for granted. It's a complicated job and I'm trying to make it simpler by communication. IF you don't respond I will take it that you are not participating.
Kind regards
PD
Walther

Re: VICTORY SHOW 6/7 SEPT 2008

Post by Walther »

Best of luck with that Paul - certainly sounds like you have your work cut out again! :wink:

Neil.
Rittm.u.Kompanie-Chef
Großdeutschland Aufklärungs
---------------------------------------
"When Barbarossa commences, the world will hold its breath"

Fritz bayerlein

Post by Fritz bayerlein »

Hi, have been asking about this event for a few weeks and had no feedback.
Panzer Lehr would really like to attend this one if at all poss, as we missed out on the other biggie this year (detling).
There will be 10-12 attending insurance has been done via AFRA risk assessment.
[130] Panzer Lehr reg 902 Unit Leader
grenadier heeder

Post by grenadier heeder »

PM sent on behalf of Tiger 1 Paul.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Walth - your boys are not doing Victory this year? Cliveden I understand - Yeah - work cut out? always the same - But each year it does actually get "easier" due to building the "team"......

Rob - LARGE apologies -You ARE included - just my overworked Alzheimer ridden noddle omitted you from the list - see list now - amended. Worry not - Contact Dave Pratt regarding booking a display area and passes etc. Your risk assessments HAVe been received at AFRA Central - that part is traken care of - mind - You better ensure you've ticked "Battle Re-enactment" components too!!!!!

Heeder - You coming to this one? That'll be TWO events this year - steady on mate or happen bedroom priveliges might be revoked!!!!! :P Nah - PM received. Gratefully acknowledged..... I believe vehicle issue to be sorted....... :wink:

There is a site visit this coming Saturday - the 9th of August..... I will be there...... to discuss and plan battle components.

See some or all of ya? hope so!

PD
Fritz bayerlein

Hello Paul,
Can you please let me have Dave Pratt's contact details so that I can get this show on the road. :lol:
Rob.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Your wish is my command Darling Bobby!
http://www.victoryshow.co.uk/2008%20Ver ... ntact.html
Fritz bayerlein

Cheers Paul, spoke to David on the phone tonight and he's booking us in.
Many thanks
Rob. :D
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

STOP FLASH - NEWS PRESS -

There is a site meeting this Saturday (9th) at the Showground - roughly 10am...... so headsheds involved may wish to put in an appearance and build a clearer picture.

Cheers
PD
Fritz bayerlein

Oh darn and blast, ill be at Damyns hall at the weekend, but any info that can be passed on would be gratefully received! :wink:
grenadier heeder

Just come back from the site visit with Mick. Looks like being a great event this one. Tiger 1 will probably be putting it's complete inventory into this one.

The biggest and best display of US/ALLIED and German Armour outside of Beltring.

Looks like this will be the future of events as it just gets bigger, better and more organised each year!

I'll get me ear plugs ready!!!!
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

grenadier heeder wrote:Just come back from the site visit with Mick. Looks like being a great event this one. Tiger 1 will probably be putting it's complete inventory into this one.

The biggest and best display of US/ALLIED and German Armour outside of Beltring.

Looks like this will be the future of events as it just gets bigger, better and more organised each year!

I'll get me ear plugs ready!!!!
Yeah - thanks for the lift back to me car in the pissing rain!!!! An elephant never forgets yer know!!!!! When you left we changed the battle script and Tiger 1 are now dug in around the Tiger and scheduled to take the brunt of the barrage - The Mustang comes over and lands a 500lber bang on the turret. Mick is required to climb out on fire and be put out by Joe Betts Pi55ing on him!!!!!!
Payback comes in many forms..... and don't even mention H - he's joining AFRA next year!!!!! :lol: :mrgreen: :) :D :P
grenadier heeder

:lol: :lol:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Here is a diagram of the German Trenches which will be dug out for Victory - They are 10m long - If you have a mortar then you are welcome to install it as we have enough ground bangs to cover mortar fire. IMPORTANT - you need your own mortar ammo as with the different types of firing system and construction in use - AFRA will not furnish pyro which might result in damage or injury...... I'm sure you understand. All pyro MUST be cleared with AFRA pyrotechnicians BEFORE use.
German Trenches.jpg
German Trenches.jpg (15.6 KiB) Viewed 4643 times
Red trenches are British Forces objectives - Black Trenches are US forces objectives.

More details will be published this weekend.
2ad82recon

Post by 2ad82recon »

Good to see you guys at the Victory Show brief fellas its going to be a good one.

Paul pm sent mate can you please contact me via the telefunken maschine bitte

Thanks

Lloyd
Dont Draw Fire......It tends to irritate the people around you

Return to “UK reenactment and events”