Private NORMANDY scenario, Pipp Pk 20/22nd JUNE

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Pete Skillman

Private NORMANDY scenario, Pipp Pk 20/22nd JUNE

Post by Pete Skillman »

This event is ON, Invited groups only.
Sect 5 booked,
Grounds Booked.
Starts Friday 20th JUNE evening 23.00 hrs for Yank Airborne groups to deploy to DZ..
36 hours in the field carrying Rations/Ammo/Water ....all that you need for the event, NO returning to the car park.
Dig in,defend, No shot calling/NO grenades, Smokes OK. etc....
Darren Collins CO FJR units. / Heer CO TBC...
Finishes Sunday 22nd JUNE 12.00hrs.
Maps. OBJ will be sending out to units nearer the event.
Any probs contact pskillman@fsmail.net

Ta Pete
gasmask

Re: Private NORMANDY scenario, Pipp Pk 20/22nd JUNE

Post by gasmask »

This event is ongoing, Pete is having some problems getting access to the forums, he has asked me to post this e-mail, and there will be a scenario/maps to follow.

Hi all,

Firstly, apologies for not replying and keeping this thread updated, I have repeatedly attempted to get on the site with no success, I have reported to Chris P that I can’t get on the web site but nothing has happened about it,

I have a email account ‘down under’ but the site refuses to allow that one to be used, strangely no probs when I first got to Oz??.

Anyhow.

John Oxlade is set and secure.

Maps are done as is the scenario

The event has drastically changed, the groups that had expressed interest in coming at the end of last have had to withdraw from the event with sooooo many public shows they have to take the opportunity to earn the dosh, seems the people bleating that they wanted a summer battle have kept quiet and not informed their individual group leaders of their opinnion that they wanted to do the summer battle. Not many seem to have experienced this style of event??!!.

The scenario has changed to take into accont these changes , it is now D Day +13 ,Post Hill 30, 506th and 501st are ordered to Sth West Carentan on the PERIERS/BAUPTE rd. Sited here to prevent 17th SS and FJR6 from attempting to retake Carentan.

FJR 6 Green Devils Carentan .

FJR 3 KP1

Pioneers (Taking two pill boxes)

Das Heer

Individuals from 916th/TIGER 1/ KP1 and a couple of ITALIANS !!

No STUG.

Two American groups are representing Airborne,

Screaming Eagles Liv Hist group = 506 th PIR

A.I.M. group = 501 st PIR
Unteroffizier Erich Weisser

Das Heer

http://www.dasheer.org https://www.facebook.com/dasheer27
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Hi all,
Now we're in June and the event is only 3 weeks away can all those intending to come get their disclaimers in with the site fee please?.
If you need a disclaimer just email me pskillman@fsmail.net and Ill get one to you.
The allied U Cs have had their scripts/orders and maps.
Darren Collins from FJR6 will be overall Axis commander for the weekend, please don't arrive before Friday 16.00hrs. J Oxlade will be there at HUT D from that time onwards setting up. He can get you sort out you and the paperwork etc..Friday night, try to arrive dark o'clock Sat 21st if you cant make Friday as we don't want to waste time chit chatting in the car park and then start at 10.00hrs!.The start time, we will be aimong to be suited and booted by 08.30hrs Sat..
Still in Comms with Allied AB units aboutr if they can enter the area Friday night to be in positions ready for the Sat AM start..
Keep you posted on that aspect... If not Axis will leave the start line Sat AM first to their alloted areas .
Ant queries or probs let me know??.
Ta , Pete
carentan

Post by carentan »

Hi Pete

We'll send in our disclaimers when we get back from Normandy, I'll try to sort out one cheque for all.

Cheers Darren
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Hi Darren, thanks for that, have a great time at DMC event...watch out for the French/Belgium 101st re enactors, they seem to turn up just when the cameras come out for some reenacting shots, their mustaches tend to get in the way! and the post war Belgium helmet nets go so well with the skin tight M42s!!. Please get some shots of the event, I mean a LOTof shots.
Cheers Pete
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Hi All,
Can all those who are attending Pipp Park this coming weekend when arriving please book in with ANDY GAMBBLIN, he will have a list of those who are coming etc..
Remember, fill in those fox holes,no shot calling and take your own rubbish home with you please....... or thats the site gone west!.Hope the weather is as nice for you there as its is here for me!!.
Pete
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

anybody got a post code ? :)

TOm
gasmask

Post by gasmask »

For Tom and anyone else.

The post code is TN22 3HW
Unteroffizier Erich Weisser

Das Heer

http://www.dasheer.org https://www.facebook.com/dasheer27
Obergefreiter Hansch

Post by Obergefreiter Hansch »

So Pete, you organise all this remotely???????? if so, amazing! I guess it helps if you have willing participants- something which seems to be a real challenge in Australia. Getting blokes to committ to an event here is just plain shite! :shock:
Gruß and Berg Heil, Gebirgsjågers!

II./Geb.Jäg.Rgt.100.
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Hi Mate, Sorry for the delay in replying...Yes its all done from Perth WA. with Very willing and competent group leaders like Darren Collins from Green Devils and Spencer Reeves,Andy Gamblin and Lee Attwell from the Pioneers, Das Heer also are regulars, keeping the blatting down is hard but these groups that do Pip Pk are up for the living history style of event foremost, one group from LHA (916th) quite like NOT to fire their weaps!!.
I have contacted a German reenacting group over here who do Afrika Korp impression with the MC side cars etc,,, Looked at their web site and they looked ok contacted them and
.......................................................................................................
Nothing... seems it's not just getting Aussies to battle its getting them to reply to emails!.
:D
Don't tell anyone, But I have discovered.... Golf!!!! aaaaahhhhhhh!!!
Cheers Pete

Return to “UK reenactment and events”