Bushey Hall, 1940'S FAMILY WEEKEND, April 12-13 2008

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Casbah Rock

Re: Bushey Hall, 1940'S FAMILY WEEKEND, April 12-13 2008

Post by Casbah Rock »

Many thanx for that - I will probably tag along with them as well as I am now not working - I think I may need to bring the deathshead brolly and boots on sunday tho ;)

Edited as I have now found the flyer for this weekend's event :)

SS-Rottenführer Kotzur
Zweite Kampfgruppe
1. SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
Meine Ehre Heißt Treue
Erwin

Post by Erwin »

Apparently there is rumour being circulated that there are no Germans/W-SS allowed at this event. RUBBISH!!!! As it's being organised by KP1, we are hardly likely to ban ourselves are we? What is it with these people? Sad gits.
Liebstandarte

Post by Liebstandarte »

I`ve been in talks with their organiser & she knows there are German grouops attending. Their literature says AXIS living history and the Email issued states :
“Behind Enemy Lines” This “Elsewhere in Europe ” area, located along the woodland walk will contain some pretty exciting displays of Axis Forces firepower and personnel. The Germans will be dug in throughout this area and will be patrolling a bombed – out Paris Street . They will emerge on both show days for a full battle re-enactment against Allied Forces!
I think we`ll be ok there..... hope so, just booked the Dorm & tickets for the dance ! (Might be some spare bunks, if people want to contribute. BEATS sitting in Zelt at night :lol:
ImageImageImage

Am Arsch der Welt
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

I`ve been in talks with their organiser & she knows there are German grouops attending. Their literature says AXIS living history and the Email issued states :
“Behind Enemy Lines” This “Elsewhere in Europe ” area, located along the woodland walk will contain some pretty exciting displays of Axis Forces firepower and personnel. The Germans will be dug in throughout this area and will be patrolling a bombed – out Paris Street . They will emerge on both show days for a full battle re-enactment against Allied Forces!
To add to this i have been in weekly contact with Francis at Bushey over both the Axis display, the battles and several other things. This rumour is total rubbish because after all KP1 has been lead group right from the outset of these events indeed the local jewish comunity have no issue with SS in general (one even asked for a photo with me as dressed as an SS Feldgendarme last year). What they do not want is the morons dressing as Hitler/Himmler/Goering/Allgemein SS/Gestapo/SD etc using political salutes and sieg heiling and this is stated in the form all groups sign before entry is confirmed. Other than that ther are as far as i know NO restrictions on Waffen SS or any other German group.
Lastly there will as last year be signs saying that any one who has a problem with seeing Axis impressions would be better off not going in to the area.

Dave Cooke
KP1 events secretary
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Crazy Feldgendarme

Just a reminder here chaps there aint no weapon hire its run what you brung so please bring blank firers if you want into the skirmish/battle.
:oops:
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Liebstandarte

Post by Liebstandarte »

Thanks Cookie,
Well chaps - I think that clears the air ? same as last year. are we all agreed ???

Rolli
ImageImageImage

Am Arsch der Welt
Crazy Feldgendarme

just booked the Dorm
Me i booked a single room cos i am an anti social bugger and dont want to share even my farts with any one else. :oops:

But yes mate as far as i am aware its carry on as last year only larger and better so to who ever is putting thease rumours about try getting facts correct before shoving your boot up your own arse and creating mayhem and despondency. :)

GeFoPo
Liebstandarte

Post by Liebstandarte »

Me i booked a single room cos i am an anti social bugger and dont want to share even my farts with any one else.
Cookie mate - When I mentioned clearing the air, I didn`t mean...... :shock:
ImageImageImage

Am Arsch der Welt
Crazy Feldgendarme

Cookie mate - When I mentioned clearing the air, I didn`t mean
AHH sorry i missread it i thought you said clearing the room mate. :oops: :oops:

GeFoPo
Liebstandarte

Post by Liebstandarte »

Cookie...
Meine Kamerad...
With your reputation, you can clear the entire area for three square miles !
:shock:
ImageImageImage

Am Arsch der Welt
Crazy Feldgendarme

Yes but only when i burn my skiddys mate, anyway at the training event last weekend our Frenchy put me to shame.

:oops:

GeFoPo
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

going down tomorow , get there about 3pm :),

see you all there,
Tom
Erwin

Post by Erwin »

Thanks to everyone who turned up. Hope you enjoyed yourselves.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

had a good time at this little event, look forward till next year. Got rat arsed as usual and the dance had a nice turn out.

thanks all,

Tom

Der Spiess
Location: Don't know but that blokes got a balaclava and an AK47!

Post by Der Spiess »

Bushy Hall.... um hasn't really changed or got any better over the last 3 times. The foods awful and the sites difficult to service and lots of the public couldn't be arsed to go to the main german display even when we (Soldat '44) told them were it was. Basically even though its all for charity its not moving forward and as such may be one for the smaller groups to miss.
On the other hand I did meet the High Sheriff of Hertfordshire no less, and his uniform of velvet Knickerbockers and a sword made us lot look normal!

Just my thoughts.
Toodle pip
Der Spiess
Belfast or Bust

Return to “UK reenactment and events”