Kriegsmarine/U boat impression.

General WWII and Reenactment Topics Only. Post anything else in Off Topic, please.
Schäfer

Kriegsmarine/U boat impression.

Post by Schäfer »

For those that know me I'm LSSAH through and through. However, I've always fancied slightly diversifying and doing a U boat impression.

I've ordered one of those 'Panzerfaust' green denim U boat fatigue uniforms, and all the insignia, cap, etc. Does anybody else fancy doing the same? I don't propose starting a new group, or anything like that, but I will probably wear this uniform in the beer tent at Beltring.

Does anybody else fancy doing the same for an impression that is quite rare?
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

Jack

Re: Kriegsmarine/U boat impression.

Post by Jack »

Schäfer wrote:For those that know me I'm LSSAH through and through. However, I've always fancied slightly diversifying and doing a U boat impression.

I've ordered one of those 'Panzerfaust' green denim U boat fatigue uniforms, and all the insignia, cap, etc. Does anybody else fancy doing the same? I don't propose starting a new group, or anything like that, but I will probably wear this uniform in the beer tent at Beltring.

Does anybody else fancy doing the same for an impression that is quite rare?
Schafer could you pm me some kit info ect sounds interesting

Jack
"My wife had a go at me last night. She said 'You'll drive me to my grave'.
I had the car out in thirty seconds. "
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

I'm in, I've got the Brit denims badged up and I've ordered the Km set. I'll have mine at beltring.
We know Nick 'Das Medic' looks fantastic in his U-boat kit but I think he might be a bit busy that week.
Keeping them clean? They are work wear.
I've only got a metal chest eagle and KM buttons on my denims, no rank or trade badges. I cant find any pictures that show much in the way of insignia. I have them if it's thought necessary.
Any particular boat?
Jack

Post by Jack »

Looks like this is 3 of us so far :D
"My wife had a go at me last night. She said 'You'll drive me to my grave'.
I had the car out in thirty seconds. "
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

Stigroadie wrote:I'm in, I've got the Brit denims badged up and I've ordered the Km set. I'll have mine at beltring.
We know Nick 'Das Medic' looks fantastic in his U-boat kit but I think he might be a bit busy that week.
Keeping them clean? They are work wear.
I've only got a metal chest eagle and KM buttons on my denims, no rank or trade badges. I cant find any pictures that show much in the way of insignia. I have them if it's thought necessary.
Any particular boat?
I've purchased a cap badge for both U96 (smiling swordfish) and Erich Topp's boat (dancing devil.) I can post links on ebay for these badges if anybody likes?

Not much in the way of insignia was on the denims, apart from shoulder boards, metal chest eagle, awards (EK1, EK2, U boat abzeichen)etc.
Last edited by Schäfer on Mon May 14, 2007 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

Jack wrote:Looks like this is 3 of us so far :D
At least one other (SBG) member is interested, plus another Axis member of Pozzi's forum.

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Funnily enough I have a denim Battledress which I've had for years. Got it from a surplus shop near me And it fits.....

I've fancied U Bootsman for a while and I like thosse caps with scrably eggs on... But I hate beards!!!!

I might look at some troosers and a roll neck sweater at some point! Shall we all pick a metal traditions badge so we know each other?
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

I have the Steir von Scapa flow on my cap but I'm willing to change for a sense of unity.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Which one's that? Is it the Snorting Bull?

If so we could all use that - Be rather apt eh? :lol:
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

Well, my next door neighbour knocked an hour ago and gave me a parcel from Panzerfaust.com containing the U boat uniform.

I've tried it on and it's really very nice. It's obviously very new and needs fading though, but it's a 'thumbs up' from me.

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Are you oil staining it and dousing it in 4711?

That WOULD be authentic.

I might drop a bit of battery acid on my trousers too......

Or are we doing Posh U Bootsmen? :wink:

Let's form an unofficial drinking club called "Der Graue Wolf" YEAH!
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

Fwbl Dollman wrote:Are you oil staining it and dousing it in 4711?

That WOULD be authentic.

I might drop a bit of battery acid on my trousers too......

Or are we doing Posh U Bootsmen? :wink:

Let's form an unofficial drinking club called "Der Graue Wolf" YEAH!
A bit of grubbiness would make it authentic, although if we're clean shaven, we would be just starting our voyage.

I'm starting to rehearse my lines already....

"To our womanless, abstaining .... "
Last edited by Schäfer on Mon May 14, 2007 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Wouldn't it be brilliant if we pulled gags such as...

someone takes an IPod and some speakers into the beer tent. They surreptitiously play sonar sounds and all the Graue Wolf freeze, stop talking and start observing silent routine........... Then depth charge noises explode and we all rock about crazily...... we could shake beer cans up and spray them everywhere - rushing to stem the leaks etc. It cold be really evocative

Oh - OK - I'll get me coat.....

What about rigging up a periscope and every now and then taking a look "up top"..... usually when it's someone's turn to go to the bar......

Make sure we get a table and to keep it - spread it out with charts and pencils, protractors, compasses etc. Plot a course to the bar once in a while........

Take hammocks into the beer tent and stow our gear etc.

This could catch on! :roll:
pzrwest

uboot impression

Post by pzrwest »

uboot impression are cool just one thing are you looking at sea going or on-leave/off boat duty impression? If off boat they wore the blues like i'm wearing for obermaat down. For feldwebel and up they wore a service jacket similar to a peacoat but better styled. If you need any help I can always ask my good friend and uboot vet Edgar. He was an obertorpedomechanikermaat
Schäfer

Re: uboot impression

Post by Schäfer »

pzrwest wrote:uboot impression are cool just one thing are you looking at sea going or on-leave/off boat duty impression? If off boat they wore the blues like i'm wearing for obermaat down. For feldwebel and up they wore a service jacket similar to a peacoat but better styled. If you need any help I can always ask my good friend and uboot vet Edgar. He was an obertorpedomechanikermaat
Hi Harold,

We're probably going for the green denim active service uniform, as opposed to walking out. We can then all slouch about and look untidy to our heart's content. It's also cheaper too.

Return to “Anything WWII!”