present arms rifle drill.

General WWII and Reenactment Topics Only. Post anything else in Off Topic, please.
jlmod

present arms rifle drill.

Post by jlmod »

Just a quick question regarding this piece of drill as it seems there are a few contradictory bits that can be misleading. When positioning the rifle in front of the body I'm doing this with it in line with the LEFT breast pocket. I have seen this on most sites and of videos yet in the description on the home page this says barrel band should be on line with RIGHT eye? I have also been told on occasions that it is the rifle SITE. that is level with the eye and not the upper barrel band. Confusing as you can imagine. Just wanting to know exactly what is right? Many thanks.
Jocheim Hartmann

Re: present arms rifle drill.

Post by Jocheim Hartmann »

The rifle should be positioned offset to the left (middle of left brest pocket) running vertical. The weapon should be held at the full extent of the right arm, meaning the hight it is held at will vary for each individuals arm length. Hope this helps, take a look at our drill display team on youtube, just type in Der Führer Rgt and we should be there.
SS-Uscha Jocheim Hartmann

'Kameraden bis Zum Ende'
http://www.derfuhrer.co.uk/

Return to “Anything WWII!”