Best repro panzerschreck?

Moderator: berlin1945

Zoepf

Re: Best repro panzerschreck?

Post by Zoepf »

Wow. I wish that's what my house looked like.
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

Thanks I also found the 81 mm Mortar and the other Panzershreck shield as well as few other bits and bobs I had put away in the coal bunker for winter storage will take a few photos once I clean them down, just to find that other bloody Stg44 where ever I misplaced it, Must also put up photos of the vaste array of uniforms and other equipment that I have collected over the years have about 30 uniforms complete now just all in bags or in a cupboards in the house, might thin it down as have lots of cammo smocks too many in fact
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Chainsaw 7

Post by Chainsaw 7 »

LMAO - I can't imagine having so much gear that I wind up losing a StG44 :o :lol:

What a wonderful problem to have!

What are the firearm laws like in Ire? Are the weapons all deactivated?
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

yes our laws are very strict all weapons that you have either have to have an fac or deactivated certification and all bullets must have inert or struck primers also you must have weapons for a good reason ie its not good enough to have a deact and place it on your wall you have to be able to justify that you have a good reason for ownership. even with a deact cert and with replicas as well as to burnish one out in public even if moving it will see you arrested and charged by police due to our unique situation here. it is best to have insurance and be a bone fide member of a group and also to inform the local police station of an inventory of what you have and invite them to inspect that way everything is transparent also if you ever buy anything like ammo or guns deactivated and also replica it is best to get a hand written receipt so that it can be traced back to vendor if ever you are asked to account for it. when i go to events and ill be attending lots this year i will inform the psni and garda that i will be transporting my equipment along with certificates so they can be available for inspection ill take a photo of what documentation that i bring with me and post up here later as an example and that accompanies every item even repro stick grenades.

another fact that people should be aware of if you have a bayonetor hilter youth knife or pen knife even if under 3 inchesin length, and you are transporting it from home to an event it must be in a box or in a bag that can be sealed as even in the back of your car in the boot if not wrapped or boxed you can be charged with possession of an offensive weapon which is or can be a £5,000 fine and up to one year in prison, there is a loop hole in this law which even the police are not aware of in general.

general rule of thumb

1. guns in boxes and never even in public sight
2. deact certificates with you always even if a laminated copy
3. replicas in boxes or bags as well
4. public liability insurance with you alway
5. group membership card with you always to verify group affilation
6. bayonets and all sharpe weapons ie lances ,bows, arrows, swords in sealed bags or containers always
7. inform events coordinator of exactly what you are bringing with you at all times and stick to that list.
8. inform police what you are carrying and make ready for inspection if and when required.

that way you remain within the law

nb european deact guns are not legal in britain or ireland as they have not been properly deactived in accordance with home office parameters and you will find yourself charged with having a live weapon even with a european de act certificate . only ever buy guns de activated by birmingham or london proof houses even though they are part of a pan european proof house system britian has a higher proof spec.

http://www.gunproof.com/

birmingham proofs have a two sword stamp i think and london one sword stamp on them read the link provided to learn further, also a de act cert although not required in essence because of the stamp is helpful if ever required for evidence of proper proofing if you lose your certificates you make an appointment with proof house turn up and give them your gun they check and stamp again and issue for approx 30 quid fee a new certificate and restamp.

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

This is how I label my de acts for transportation

mm1977

Post by mm1977 »

Look forward to seeing the rest of your collect Berlin1945 Thanks
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

mm1977 wrote:Look forward to seeing the rest of your collect Berlin1945 Thanks

I'll dig some more out this week as am quite busy doing some Gaa training each night and swimming each day to keep fit as I may be doing the west high land walk in my German uniform without the markings on just for the fun of it,although the mortar is now cleansed down too just need to find the other Stg44 which is kicking about at present some where in the depths of a room filled with uniforms. have a few mannequins dressed as well must take some photos off one dress in Hitler youth, one as a Totenkopf soldier one as ordinary SS man and one as Michael Collins the IRA commander in chief killed at Beal na mBlaith in the 1920's I quite like that one as have a swagger stick for that an a c96 period Mauser with broom handle oh and a wire mannequin dressed as Gaelic warrior from 1014 AD as well as i had a passing interest in this period of time, ILL TAKE A FEW PHOTOS in a few min.

berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

As promised I found some K98's and a few rounds of K98 7.92 and that illusive Stg44 so enjoy viewing also found a bloody Bren box ( have the Bren as well as you can see) which apparently is a sought after item of equipment now as most of the boxes historically would have been just dumped and burnt as firewood. Apparentlythe strap on the top Stg44 is an original, I bought this Stg44 as a clearance item from a guy that gave up the hobby along with all his kit last year for £650 which included a complete Italian Cammo uniform which I always wanted but the prices were to high on my way back from the channel islands after visiting them and enjoying the beautiful view there which I would recommend people to go and visit.
Last edited by berlin1945 on Thu May 05, 2011 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

A couple of K98 belts of 7.92 x 59 rounds with starter tabs

Chainsaw 7

Post by Chainsaw 7 »

Berlin1945, you have a remarkable collection! But, I must get this thread back on track.

I am still looking for a good reproduction Panzerschreck - or a demil. A member here contacted me via PM, but for some reason our exchange just dried up - not sure what happened??? :?: :? :?: :?

Anyhow, recently my search has led me to this outfit in Hong Kong (China...bleh):

http://www.royaltigergear.com/product_i ... cts_id=948

I'd bet that this is the outfit that makes them for ZIB Militaria, Kamabee Keep and almost everyone else that is selling repro 'schrecks. There are some obvious flaws with this copy. For starters, the shield just looks goofy - too flat.

Can anyone point me in the direction of something better? Something out of Eastern Europe perhaps??

Thanks!!
Last edited by Chainsaw 7 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

to be honest i think you may be right about this , de act ones are difficult to get i know two people that have them and they are not in good condition as age had got to them they are easy to build to be honest although in the north of ireland it is not wise to attempt to prefabricate such items but the construction is easy , pipe and some other metalic attactments and wood . if you wish to have dimensions ill supply them to you , although always best to have diameter of pipe either smaller or bigger than the origional rocket so it cant be designated as a PRIG and get you in trouble with the authorities .

Chainsaw 7

Post by Chainsaw 7 »

Well, I am a welder ... so I could fabricate most of this thing if I had good drawings or some very, VERY good photos.

The shield is the trick though. I can't make the shield. The shield is what makes a Panzerschreck a PANZERSCHRECK! :lol:

If I could find a top-notch shield .... well, that would set me on my way to fabricating the rest of the thing.

WANTED: Oringinal or Top Quality Reproduction Panzerschreck 54 (RPzB 54) Blast Shield!!
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

i will make photos for u and the shield u can easily do as i was at one stage going to see about producing a nebelwerter spelt wrong and other things but it can be negatively construed here in the north of ireland and best to not walk a fine line and . if u wish to have relevent measurement just pm me and what measurement do u prefer mm, cm, inches if any one requires help i can take measurements for u as long as its legal for u to reproduce these in your counrty i have an 81 mm mortar i dug out a few weeks ago that i had forgotten about as well.

Chainsaw 7

Post by Chainsaw 7 »

LOL - I'm quite sure that I can't reproduce the shield.

Thanks for offering the photos though! I'll pm you my email address.
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

will sort for u in next day or two ok

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”